Bournemouth away 3pm Saturday 12th August (not on TV)

Comments

• Lukerz said:

Is Moyes having a press conference? 🤔

13.30 I believe.
  • Downes will not be playing tomorrow, it has been revealed. So Soucek & Alvarez possibly (unless we play Paqueta deeper).
  • Lukerz said:

Is Moyes having a press conference? 🤔

13.30 I believe.
    Nothing at the moment
  • Lukerz said:

Downes will not be playing tomorrow, it has been revealed. So Soucek & Alvarez possibly (unless we play Paqueta deeper).

As I said yesterday, I think it'll be Soucek and Paqueta as 8s, with Fornals slightly ahead of them.

Alvarez to start would be some call given he'll have had a maximum of a single day in training.
  • edited August 2023
    Moyes confirms no Alvarez tomorrow.

Soucek, Paqueta, Fornals looks like the only midfield combo possible unless we go with a back 3/5.
  • edited August 2023
    So looks like:

Fabianski
    Kehrer - Zouma - Aguerd - Emerson
    Paqueta - Soucek - Fornals
    Bowen - Ings - Benrahma

Areola, Ogbonna, Coufal, Johnson, Coventry, Cornet, Antonio, Mubama
  • It would be really nice to start the season with a win. We don't do that too often and our confidence never seemed to recover from the shocking start we had last season.
  • It’s funny how Jorderz is only active on this forum when we’re in the Europa League. You were out missing with Soucek and Antonio last season.

Glory hunters 🙄
  • I don't get out of bed for less than Europa League football.
  • Lukerz said:

Moyes confirms no Alvarez tomorrow.

Soucek, Paqueta, Fornals looks like the only midfield combo possible unless we go with a back 3/5.

And that's if Paqueta's head is in the game after the bid from City (which Moyes has confirmed was genuine).

• I think it Paqueta doesn’t play he’ll be forced to call upon Alvarez, who I expect will travel just to be involved with the squad.
  • Rumour that Paqueta may not be in the squad tomorrow
  • Think we may have to go with Downes out of necessity,the club are more lilely to risk Downes getting injured and miss out on a loan then potentialy £95mil for Paqueta if he did

- - - - - - - - - - - - - Fab - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    - Kehrer - Zouma - Aguerd - Emerson -
    - Soucek - - -Downes - - - Fornals -
    - Bowen - - - Ings - - - Benrahma -

Ings I'm guessing, wouldn't surprise me if Moyes chucked Antonio right in
  • If Paqueta isn't in the squad he is 100% off
  • Coventry may start if Downes is off.
    Bare bones
  • Alvarez will start, IMO

Mind games from Moyes today
  • According to SSN he is in the squad and understands the club want full market value and is accepting that if nothing happens then it doesn’t.
    No sulking or pushing for a move but is interested.
  • Lukerz said:

Rumour that Paqueta may not be in the squad tomorrow

Would be very surprised. Has anybody reliable said this?
  • He'll play unless an offer is accepted. And that feels about two weeks away.
  • Coventry may start if Downes is off.
    Bare bones

Coventry has played a fair amount of pre-season but we've not let him go out on loan so maybe Moyes reckons he's got what it takes

In his presser Ariola didn't give any updates on Solanke, Christie or Smith, just said that "“I mostly know the starting XI" but "probably I'm waiting for the last training in some positions."

Alex Scott signed with Bournemouth on Thursday but is injured

Best guess

Neto
    Aarons or Smith/two of Mepham, Senesi or Zabarnyi/Kerkez
    Billings Cook
    Ouattara or Brooks/Traore or Christie/Kluivert or Antony
    Solanke or Moore

I think we could have these. A draw at least
  • "Sky Sports News understands Paqueta has been totally professional since City’s interest came to light - and even though he wants to move to City, he understands the final decision will be left to the club.
    The Brazilian is also accepting of West Ham wanting fair market value."
  • You are probably right OCS, giving us plenty of time to sign his replacement in January 2024. ☹️
  • edited August 2023

"Sky Sports News understands Paqueta has been totally professional since City’s interest came to light - and even though he wants to move to City, he understands the final decision will be left to the club.
    The Brazilian is also accepting of West Ham wanting fair market value."

Respect if its true

Doesn't sound like an Arnautovic or a Payet, like Rice or Parker, a true professional who will play for the shirt until he has a new one
  • That attitude from Paqueta flies in the face of the idea that he is fed up and desperate to leave - which I’ve seen a lot of online this week. It’s also completely fine that he would be interested in playing for the best team in the world
  • Scott Parker played 4 games at the start of 2011/12 and scored a goal against Watford when we'd been trying to sell him all summer

Some players aren't as "mercenary" as others
  • Let’s see if he’s in the side tomorrow first
  • edited August 2023
    Can’t predict the side tomorrow (I’ve tried enough), only certainties are Fabianski, Zouma, Emerson, Soucek, Bowen & possibly Benrahma.

Kehrer started last pre-season game at RB.
    Ogbonna started at LCB.
    Doubts over central midfield other than Soucek.
    Is it Antonio, Ings, Mubama up front?
  • Suggestion Bowen will play up front tomorrow…

Fabianski
    Kehrer - Zouma - Aguerd
    Coufal - Soucek - Paqueta - Emerson
    Benrahma
    Bowen - Ings
  • Antonio has more pace than Ings, if Bournemouth plays with a high back line then it would be useful to have players who can run into the space
  • It would be really nice to start the season with a win. We don't do that too often and our confidence never seemed to recover from the shocking start we had last season.

Yes indeed, apparently we have to have the worst record for opening day matches, losing 18 out of 22. Shocking stat. At least avoided all the big boy s this time. I predict a 3-2 win for the Hammeers