The Ashes

Comments

• Woakes now gets Khawaja lbw, 141-2 and a wasted review too.
  • Wood gets Labuschagne, 169-3.
  • Smith is key now. Absolutely has the ability to win this for them. Get him quickly, and I think England will get it done.
  • Hmm. Anderson is getting a bit of tap here. I think we may be seeing the end of his test career. Hasn't been anywhere near the Anderson of old this series.
  • What on earth happened there? Stokes took a great catch and then "dropped" it as he tried to throw it up in celebration, and then England review it after it was given not out. Huge let off for Smith, he really shoulda been gone.
  • What on earth happened there? Stokes took a great catch and then "dropped" it as he tried to throw it up in celebration, and then England review it after it was given not out. Huge let off for Smith, he really shoulda been gone.

That could be the game and the series. I've never really understood the throwing up of the ball. Why add risk into things, particularly with the controversies in this series already.
  • 238-3 at lunch.

That Smith "drop" is huge imo, I felt we needed to aim for 4 wickets by lunch, 3 isn't bad, but I wonder if it'll be enough given there's some weather about as well.

Really not sure why England reviewed that catch, it seems a complete waste of a review as Stokes's body language was that he'd dropped it.
  • 238-3 at lunch.

That Smith "drop" is huge imo, I felt we needed to aim for 4 wickets by lunch, 3 isn't bad, but I wonder if it'll be enough given there's some weather about as well.

Really not sure why England reviewed that catch, it seems a complete waste of a review as Stokes's body language was that he'd dropped it.

I assumed it was for the lbw in case it was pad first. If it was just for the catch, it was wasted because, as you say, it was obviously not a clean catch.
  • Little things like that, Smith should have a bet on the nags this afternoon.
  • Off for rain now.
  • So we'll lose, what, an hour? That leaves Australia only needing to bat out a maximum of four hours to seal the series win.

Fancy them to do that between Smith, Head, Marsh, Carey and Cummings.
  • edited July 2023
    OR, Broad and Wood could rip through ‘em?🤷🏻‍♂️
  • Slacker said:

OR, Broad and Wood could rip through ‘em?🤷🏻‍♂️

Far too positive hahaha
  • edited July 2023
    Moeen gets Head, 264-4, Australia need 120 for the win, England need 6 wickets.
  • Smith out caught Crawley. Game on!
  • edited July 2023
    Smith gone, 274-5, another one for Woakes.
  • Marsh gone now to Moeen, 276-6
  • Marsh gone now
  • edited July 2023
    Game on now, England need 4 wickets to tie the series, Australia need to survive, or get 110 more runs to take the series 3-1.

Decent take by Bairstow to get rid of Marsh.
  • edited July 2023
    Starc now for 0. 275-7
  • edited July 2023
    cracking bowling from Woakes and Ali there
  • Woakes gets another, 275-7, Starc gone.
  • Wonderful drama!
  • Cummins gone 294-8
  • Moeen takes another, 294-8, Cummins gone.
  • Man this riveting stuff.
  • This is far from over.
  • Broad swaps the bails again and a wicket next ball.
  • edited July 2023
    9 down, Broad with the wicket, 329-9, Murphy gone.

It's all on Carey and Hazelwood, 55 needed.