The Ashes

Comments

• Agree, but we want the pitch to deteriorate somewhat.
  • Root goes for 91 off 106 balls, 332-5 lead of 320.

Moeen comes in at 7.
  • I still think the weather forecast is so bad (again), we should have a go at them tonight. Maybe 8 overs or so.
  • The commentators onSky said there would be weather about but nothing to dire.
  • Bairstow gone
  • 360-6, Bairstow goes for 78 off 103 balls, England lead by 348.
  • Woakes gone for 1. We are giving our wickets away now. Massive score the Aussies will need but it won’t really be a chase. All they need to do is stay in for a long time and it could happen naturally.
  • edited July 2023
    The Aussies are not chasing this no matter how many days are left. They had two days to bat in their first innings and didn’t manage it. It’s now day 4. If I was them I’d have declared 15 mins ago.
  • Today is day 3. They’ll have six sessions.
  • Yet another umpiring mistake, Wood given lbw but the ball not particularly close to hitting the stumps when it was reviewed.
  • Ali out now.
  • Doesn’t matter how many sessions, they won’t last 6 sessions.
  • 375-8, lead of 363.
  • Now Wood gone.
  • 379-9, a lead of 367.
  • And yet another umpiring mistake, they've been shocking. Anderson saved on review.

389-9 close of play, a lead of 377.
  • Tomorrow will be Stuart Broad's last game of cricket.
  • And yet another umpiring mistake, they've been shocking. Anderson saved on review.

389-9 close of play, a lead of 377.

I blame Moyes.
  • Cricinfo just written that Broad has announced his retirement. Hope it's not immediate. 😂

What if the game goes on till Monday 🤔🤔🤔😂🤣😂?

What if the game goes on till Monday 🤔🤔🤔😂🤣😂?
    He's going to get a five for and England will bowl them all out tomorrow. 😄
  • England all out for 395, Australia need 384 to win, or 383 to win the series.
  • Aussies going along comfortably so far. They know there’s no need to chase as they have two days so treating it as an opening innings.
  • If this test has shown us anything is that you are never ‘comfortable’ on this wicket. Easily go from 120-2 to 180-6 or 300-4 to 380 all out.
  • Buffy they win the series no matter how many runs they get if we don’t take 10 wickets. Having two batters still out there at the close tomorrow will do it for them. The onus is totally on us to get the wickets.
  • Buffy they win the series no matter how many runs they get if we don’t take 10 wickets. Having two batters still out there at the close tomorrow will do it for them. The onus is totally on us to get the wickets.

Obviously, but given they've 6 sessions and there's not too much rain around, I think a draw is very unlikely.

• This is oh so easy for them. These two look like they could get them on their own.
  • Doncha just love the English summer?😡
  • Obviously, but given they've 6 sessions and there's not too much rain around, I think a draw is very unlikely.

So much for there not being much rain around, a draw is a real possibility now it would seem.

• Woakes gets Warner, 140-1.