The Ashes

Comments

• I just don't see the point in making Anderson bat in these circumstances, it's just not worth the risk of an injury imo, and likely taking time out of the game too.

Yeah, feel like they're just wasting time here.
  • Amusing to see Bairstow run a bye to Carey =)
  • Stokes hoping for a quick 50 from Jimmy here

46 more needed...
  • Maybe Stokes is going for batting bonus point 🤔
  • I can't help feeling that Stokes simply wants to let Bairstow get as big a score as he can to justify continuing to pick him despite his very poor form with the gloves.
  • Dodger58 said:

Amusing to see Bairstow run a bye to Carey =)

And again hahahaha
  • Dodger58 said:

Dodger58 said:

Amusing to see Bairstow run a bye to Carey =)

And again hahahaha
    A hat trick now ...
  • Oooo, Bairstow only gets a single, leaves him on 99 with Anderson on strike.
  • Oooo, Bairstow only gets a single, leaves him on 99 with Anderson on strike.

And Anderson out lbw leaving Bairstow stranded.
  • England all out for 592, Bairstow not out on 99 off only 81 (I think) balls.
  • Good knock from Bairstow.
  • Forecast seems to have worsened for Sunday. Looks like England will need to get most, if not all, Aussie wickets this afternoon/evening.
  • 32-1, Wood gets Khawaja.
  • Warner gone, 54-2, Woakes with the wicket.
  • I’m surprised we’ve not seen more Wood. We could do with a couple of wickets before the end of the day.
  • Yeah, feel like we left it too late to start with the ball. The forecast doesn't allow for hardly any play for the rest of the test and Australia can effectively bat out the day and the series now.

Shame, because England have dominated.
  • Wood gets Smith, 97-3. Another couple out before the close now please.
  • Well that worked. I'll try again:

Yeah, feel like we left it too late to start with the ball. The forecast doesn't allow for hardly any play for the rest of the test and Australia can effectively bat out the day and the series now.

Shame, because England have dominated.
  • Wood gets Travis Head, 108-4.
  • You can’t just bowl Woods or he’ll end up like Archer.
  • I really hope this is Anderson’s last Test Match. He has been brilliant but now is fading fast and tarnishing his reputation.
  • Very little if any cricket will be played after today. Ashes gone in reality unless weather changes dramatically
  • edited July 2023
    113-4 close of play. We need to pray to the weather gods now, we're so far ahead in the game but it'll likely be for nothing.
  • Just looked at the Met office forecast for Old Trafford and it's dire.
    Will be lucky to get any play over the next two days. >:)
  • Yep, & still can’t believe in modern times how they haven’t found a way to just tag the lost days onto the series. Come back Monday & Tuesday.
  • If Stokes had declared earlier it's still unlikely Australia would have been bowled out yesterday, and we'd have missed Bairstow clubbing the Aussie bowlers for (if my arithmetic is correct) 61 off 31 balls and that's if I've overlooked any extras in that period.
  • Lukerz said:

Yep, & still can’t believe in modern times how they haven’t found a way to just tag the lost days onto the series. Come back Monday & Tuesday.

Although it would be interesting to see how many times the weather has saved England from defeat.
  • If Stokes had declared earlier it's still unlikely Australia would have been bowled out yesterday, and we'd have missed Bairstow clubbing the Aussie bowlers for (if my arithmetic is correct) 61 off 31 balls and that's if I've overlooked any extras in that period.

Correction: Bairstow was on 49 when Anderson came on so it was 50 off 31 balls if there wasn't any extras.
  • They aded 66 off 8.1 overs for the last wicket.