Summer Transfer Window 2023

Comments

• edited June 2023

Beckham just sacked Neville

Wasn't that a couple of days ago?

• I know he’s extremely mature for his age but I think this move is to soon for him.
    I think he should have come to the prem first then venture abroad again later in his career.
    Al my opinion of course, but I’m sure all the top prem clubs would have been interested. Especially City if both B.Silva and Gundo leave.
    Madrid is another level of pressure, perhaps nothing like it.
  • Bellingham to Real Madrid for €100:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/65836734

We should’ve been all over that at €100
  • Bellingham to Real Madrid for €100:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/65836734

We should’ve been all over that at €100
    D'oh
  • Sporting enter Gyokeres race
    Portuguese side Sporting Lisbon have joined the race to sign Victor Gyokeres from Coventry.
    The Championship side want in excess of £17m (€20m) for the striker.
    He is also on the lists at Wolves, Fulham, Crystal Palace and West Ham this summer.
    Meanwhile, Norwich want to sign Tom Ince from relegated Reading.
    The Championship club are also working on a deal for free agent Shane Duffy.
  • Jefferson Lerma signs on a free for Palace 🤡
    That’s one off the list as been linked a lot since Jan
  • Ravel49 said:

Jefferson Lerma signs on a free for Palace 🤡
    That’s one off the list as been linked a lot since Jan

Bournemouth to Palace. Has there been a bigger sideways move in football?
  • West Ham are keen on bringing in Fulham and Portugal defensive midfielder Joao Palhinha, 27, to replace Rice, with Manchester City and England's Kalvin Phillips and Southampton and England midfielder James Ward-Prowse also in the frame. (Mail)
  • edited June 2023
    Fabianski / Areola - No change (Areola to First choice league keeper, Fabianski to European / Cup keeper)

Kehrer / Coufal - Still need an upgrade imo. But dont think it will happen. Will Kehrer becomes a RB or a CB ?

Cresswell / Emerson - Still need an upgrade imo. But dont think it will happen

Aguerd / Ogbonna - Does Ogbonna get retained or moved on ?

Zouma / ? - need another CB unless Kehrer is going to be CB

Soucek / ? - Need an upgrade

? / Downes - Need a CM / DM to replace Rice

Benrahma / Fornals

Paqueta / ? - Need another AM with Lanzini leaving

Bowen / ? - Need a backup to Bowen

? / ? / Ings - Completely up in the air if Antonio and Scamacca leave, might need 2 Strikers.

A lot needed. 7 would be ideal, minimum 5 though, you could remove one of the striker positions if Scamacca or Antonio stay and imbed Mubama as third choice.

• You forgotten Ben Johnson and Max Cornet from your squad list. Also, we have Vlasic back now too. Not saying they are the answers necessarily, but I do think they maybe change the “minimum”
  • I really hope Ward-Prowse is one of 2/3 midfield signings. I am not sure about him on his own.
  • Lukerz said:

I really hope Ward-Prowse is one of 2/3 midfield signings. I am not sure about him on his own.

For sure, replacing Rice with JWP means we're instantly a worse team. However, if we also upgrade Soucek at the same time, then the loss of Rice isn't so noticeable.
  • If JWP comes in alongside either Joao Palhinha or Edson Alvarez, I think that makes our midfield look very strong. Palhinha / Alvarez holding, JWP in the middle, and Paqueta just ahead.
  • Thought Amrabat the other night looked good, not saying we should buy him or a decent replacement but he looked good to me…
  • Thought Amrabat the other night looked good, not saying we should buy him or a decent replacement but he looked good to me…

I think he'd be a good shout, but I'm sure I read Barca were interested, so we can probably rule him out.

He kind of even runs a little bit like Rice at times.

There was a lot of interest in him during the World Cup but no one went for a Jan move for him and hopefully the focus has died down. Think he'd be a good signing.

• alderz said:

If JWP comes in alongside either Joao Palhinha or Edson Alvarez, I think that makes our midfield look very strong. Palhinha / Alvarez holding, JWP in the middle, and Paqueta just ahead.

• It’s why we need an early sale of Rice. If we have signings we want, we need the Rice sale to get them.
  • edited June 2023
    Lukerz said:

It’s why we need an early sale of Rice. If we have signings we want, we need the Rice sale to get them.

I guess it depends how much capital there is at the club. If Rice is definitely going, it doesn't necessarily matter when as long as the board can find the money to buy his replacement now and sort out the finances when the £100m drops in.

Edson and Amrabat were never serious options if Dortmund and Barca are involved. Paulinho would appear to be the most realistic option of the DMs linked, and he should be affordable from our 'normal' transfer pot.
  • You say that, but he signed for Fulham for £20m, was basically their best player, and has 4 years left on his contract. He'll cost a lot, IMO.
  • edited June 2023
    alderz said:

You say that, but he signed for Fulham for £20m, was basically their best player, and has 4 years left on his contract. He'll cost a lot, IMO.

He'll cost (I think I read £40m quoted), but what I mean is we may represent his best option. I'm not sure we'd be competing with the likes of Dortmund or Barcelona for his signature which makes him a more realistic target.
  • edited June 2023
    Amrabat's brother saying Barcelona wants him might not mean Barcelona actually will get him. They also still have their money problems and can only really register players when they release others.
  • For all this talk of Amrabat, he played in a team that was second only to Napoli in terms of possession stats this season; he would face a completely different task in a team that often has less than 40% possession.
  • I think I agree with the idea of replacing Rice’s attributes in a couple of signings. We need a dynamic box to box player & a ball-winning player, both of them need to be tidy at passing.
  • For all this talk of Amrabat, he played in a team that was second only to Napoli in terms of possession stats this season; he would face a completely different task in a team that often has less than 40% possession.

But he would fit the bill of Moyes desire to play a more possession based game.
  • Also, he didn't play possession-based football for Morocco and was brilliant.
  • Have we signed anyone yet?
  • Wrong thread. You want the Bingo one ;-)
This discussion has been closed.