Summer Transfer Window 2023

Comments

• The KUMB ITK who had a very good strike rate in the summer has said that Scamacca is going back to Italy for more than we paid for him

Not sure I could handle another search for a striker summer 😭😭😭
    You think it'll just take one Summer? :)
  • edited June 2023
    Traore has being linked with Napoli but after winning Serie A Luciano Spalletti is leaving and taking a year off so all transfers are on hold until they appoint a new manager
  • Wolves have joined West Ham, Newcastle and Aston Villa on the trail of Southampton's England midfielder James Ward-Prowse, 28. (Sun)
  • edited June 2023
    Said it a few times, I’d love to see Traore in a claret and blue shirt. It could be comedy gold or brilliant but it wouldn’t be dull.
  • 10 goals and 20 assists in 206 league games in his career. Personally don’t understand the appeal of Traore at all.
  • I think he could be a cult hero, maybe for the wrong reasons though.
  • alderz said:

10 goals and 20 assists in 206 league games in his career. Personally don’t understand the appeal of Traore at all.

Agreed. We need more finesse and composure up front, and Traore ain't that.
  • Yeah, but think of the comedy value as three defenders bounce of him and then he plants the ball in row Z.
    I’d pay to watch that.
  • alderz said:

10 goals and 20 assists in 206 league games in his career. Personally don’t understand the appeal of Traore at all.

What is noticeable about his stats for Wolves in the Premier League is that he started just 85 games in 157 appearances (10 goals,15 assists)

He hasn't had any lengthy absences due to injuries over the last five seasons but for whatever reason three successive managers have left him on the bench for almost half the time
  • alderz said:

What is noticeable about his stats for Wolves in the Premier League is that he started just 85 games in 157 appearances (10 goals,15 assists)

He hasn't had any lengthy absences due to injuries over the last five seasons but for whatever reason three successive managers have left him on the bench for almost half the time
    I think the 'whatever reason' is that they realise he is unreliable. He's like a long throw at the end of a game - a last throw of the dice sort of player.
    Slacker said:

Yeah, but think of the comedy value as three defenders bounce of him and then he plants the ball in row Z.
    I’d pay to watch that.

I've watched Michail Antonio, Carlton Cole, Marlon Harewood, Alessandro Diamanti, etc, do something brilliant and follow it up with something ridiculous for years now, and it's not as funny as you're suggesting, IMO.
  • Hey man leave Diamanti out of this you here
  • Slacker said:

Yeah, but think of the comedy value as three defenders bounce of him and then he plants the ball in row Z.
    I’d pay to watch that.

We already have someone who can do that!
  • edited June 2023
    alderz said:

alderz said:

I think the 'whatever reason' is that they realise he is unreliable. He's like a long throw at the end of a game - a last throw of the dice sort of player.
    Slacker said:

I’d pay to watch that.

I've watched Michail Antonio, Carlton Cole, Marlon Harewood, Alessandro Diamanti, etc, do something brilliant and follow it up with something ridiculous for years now, and it's not as funny as you're suggesting, IMO.
    It’s always worked for me.I remember Peter Brabrook and Harry Redknapp doing similar stuff and the crowd loved it.
    Perhaps we didn’t take it as serious back then. 🤷🏻‍♂️

• Slacker said:

alderz said:

alderz said:

Slacker said:

I’d pay to watch that.

It’s always worked for me.I remember Peter Brabrook and Harry Redknapp doing similar stuff and the crowd loved it.

That’s when they still used to play in black and white wasn’t it 😉😉🤣🤣
  • 🗣️ Oggy Oggy Oggy, Oi Oi Oi

Ogbonna: West Ham contract talks coming soon
    West Ham defender Angelo Ogbonna has confirmed that talks over a contract extension are due to wait until the end of the season.
    The Italian defender is out of contract this summer, with the Hammers taking on Fiorentina in the Europa Conference League final on Wednesday.
    “We are talking about it,” Ogbonna told Corriere dello Sport. “We are waiting for the end of the season.
    “I feel at home here, I love the club and the fans, and I would continue to give everything for West Ham.”
  • Given he's likely to be 4th choice (I'm sure we'll bring in a decent quality CB this summer) I'll be relieved if he does extend for a year. He played better towards the end of the season, and, if he goes, I suspect we'll see more of Kehrer at CB than I'll be comfortable with.
  • Zlatan leaving Milan confirmed
    Cue more Scam rumours
  • Slacker said:

alderz said:

alderz said:

Slacker said:

I’d pay to watch that.

That’s when they still used to play in black and white wasn’t it 😉😉🤣🤣
    No, I think you must thinking of Newcastle, we’ve always played in claret and blue.
    😉😉🤣🤣
  • Oggy's been a good servant and he's also a classy experienced defender who, in terms of 3rd or 4th choice, would be hard to find (Coady as another backup would be good)
  • Adrian has signed a new contract with Liverpool

He last played in last year's Community Shield,
  • But is there any news about Deccers
  • Adrian has signed a new contract with Liverpool

He last played in last year's Community Shield,

Presumably Kelleher is leaving Liverpool then. I wouldn’t mind him at West Ham, tbh.
  • He is supposed to be leaving and tbf he seems too good to be a reserve GK.

Adrian I guess mentally retired a while ago and is basically picking up a Liverpool cheque every month. I always liked him though and that still applies
  • Coady please. A leader and if Moyes was interested in Keane last season he should be ... bingo!!
  • edited June 2023
    If we sign Coady do we play him instead of Zouma or Aguerd?

Pete O'Rourke of Football Insider reckons Sheffield Utd are after him but won't sign anyone until their possible takeover is settled and that Wolves will sell for less than the £4.5m they wanted from Everton
  • We rotate. Zouma will get injured at some point, or at various points, next season, so we need at least three top class CBs. If Kehrer is going to be used at RB, then we definitely need a third high quality CB.

Personally not particularly sold on Coady, but I can see the benefits from an experience and leadership perspective if nothing else.
  • Coady is much better in the middle of a three, so maybe he gives us better options playing between Aguerd and Zouma.
  • Abraham available, apparently?
  • Lukerz said:

Abraham available, apparently?

Would be class for us. I think he’s quality. But I also think he’s probably going to command a high wage. If we’re in Europa we could make signings like that, if we’re not we probably won’t be able to, so a lot hinges on Wednesday.
  • I think Moyes wanted him before he went to Roma? I like him, and is obviously used to the PL so there'd be no settling in period which has hampered us this season.

But yeah, it'll all depend on Wednesday.
This discussion has been closed.