Summer Transfer Window 2023

Comments

• OCS, Emerson springs to mind when mentioning not needing a settling in period. David Moyes would probably say something along the lines "he has been out of the Premier League so will time to get up to speed again".
  • Lukerz said:

Abraham available, apparently?

Injured this evening, possibly ligament. Could scupper a move.

• Lukerz said:

Injured this evening, possibly ligament. Could scupper a move.

Heavily linked with Broja last summer; does his ACL.

Recently linked with Abraham...

We injure them even before we sign them nowadays.
  • West Ham and Burnley are interested in Strasbourg's Senegal striker Habib Diallo, 27. (Mail)
  • Ravel49 said:

West Ham and Burnley are interested in Strasbourg's Senegal striker Habib Diallo, 27. (Mail)

How's his ACL? 🤷‍♂️
  • Well that happened in Oct 2020
    And since returning he’s got 32 goals for Strasbourg so I would say not to bad 👍🏻
  • edited June 2023
    Lukerz said:

Bad news, I'm afraid. He came on for the last half hour against Spezia last night and went off on a golf cart after 15 minutes with what looked like a very nasty left knee injury (torn ACL apparently)
  • Yep looking like out for the rest of the year according to Fab Rom
  • West Ham are looking at three midfielders - Southampton and England's James Ward-Prowse, 28, Chelsea and England's Conor Gallagher, 23, and Manchester United and Scotland's Scott McTominay, 26. (Football Transfers)
  • DAILY MIRROR

West Ham, Burnley, Everton, West Brom and Sunderland are all pursuing loan or permanent deals for Manchester United's Amad Diallo.
  • Mac Allister going to Liverpool from Brighton:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/65764964
  • Telegraph

Kalvin Phillips has turned down a move to Newcastle as he wants to stay at City and fight for his place

I think that crosses him off the "Rice replacement" list
  • edited June 2023

Telegraph

Kalvin Phillips has turned down a move to Newcastle as he wants to stay at City and fight for his place

I think that crosses him off the "Rice replacement" list

That's a relief, his value must have reduced to £20-25m after such an underwhelming season, but you can be sure City won't let him go for that. Definitely the sort of player I could see us overpaying for.
  • Using the Tottenham rule of thumb Phillips value has probably risen, well according to Daniel Levy it will have done, unless Spurs want to sign him!
  • Ravel49 said:

West Ham are looking at three midfielders - Southampton and England's James Ward-Prowse, 28, Chelsea and England's Conor Gallagher, 23, and Manchester United and Scotland's Scott McTominay, 26. (Football Transfers)

No, no, no to McTomino
  • edited June 2023

That's a relief, his value must have reduced to £20-25m after such an underwhelming season, but you can be sure City won't let him go for that. Definitely the sort of player I could see us overpaying for.

He missed a couple of months with a recurring shoulder injury but he was never going to get much playing time in the same squad as Rodri and Gundogan

He's City's Flynn Downes
  • Sky Sports Deutschland and other German sources have linked us with Bayer Leverkusen 27yo CB Jonathan Tah (16 caps although left out of the 2022 World Cup squad) who has 2 years left on his contract but with a £15.5m release clause
  • Sky Sports Deutschland and other German sources have linked us with Bayer Leverkusen 27yo CB Jonathan Tah (16 caps although left out of the 2022 World Cup squad) who has 2 years left on his contract but with a £15.5m release clause

He made the Europa League Team of the Season so a perfect replacement for Dawson who made it the season before. He's been mentioned on KUMB, a good medium/long range passer, pretty tall, seems a bargain at £15m (€18m buyout), certainly better than a much older Maguire for twice the price or more.
  • Ravel49 said:

West Ham are looking at three midfielders - Southampton and England's James Ward-Prowse, 28, Chelsea and England's Conor Gallagher, 23, and Manchester United and Scotland's Scott McTominay, 26. (Football Transfers)

No, no, no to McTomino
    The Italian version sounds so much more attractive 😉
  • Plus Kehrer can help him settle in
  • Can't help but feel that tomorrow night is huge in terms of who we can attract. If we have Europe League football next season, then players like Tah are realistic, but without we're just another PL club.

I'd like to think that in Europe, we can compete with Villa, Brighton and even Spurs for players, but without we may have to adjust our ambitions in terms of who comes in.
  • I really don’t think the conference league is any sort of pull at all, imo
    Genuinely think players would rather have Thursday off
  • Ravel49 said:

I really don’t think the conference league is any sort of pull at all, imo

We’d be in Europa though, and I think it is a pull, personally.
  • He missed a couple of months with a recurring shoulder injury but he was never going to get much playing time in the same squad as Rodri and Gundogan
    He's City's Flynn Downes
    He’s far better than Downes.

• It just keeps going through my head....
    No, no, no to Mctomino.
    No, no, no to Mctomino
  • edited June 2023
    Must admit, I've had this going through my head since I saw it:

PS Apologies in advance
  • alderz said:

Ravel49 said:

I really don’t think the conference league is any sort of pull at all, imo

We’d be in Europa though, and I think it is a pull, personally.
    Ah yes my bad 🤦‍♂️

As you were
  • IronHerb said:

He’s far better than Downes.

He is but like Downes he's 3rd choice for two places in the starting XI
  • Messi off to Inter Miami in the MLS:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/65832658

Beckham just sacked Neville
This discussion has been closed.