West Ham v Leeds, Sunday 21st May, 1.30pm

12346»

Comments

• I just watched the after match interview with Moyes and couldn't help comparing it with Thomas Frank's after our match with Brentford.
    Moyes, the epitome of modesty - Frank, the epitome of arrogance.
  • I have always liked Moyes as a person. I would hate to have a really unlikeable manager as it alters how the team are perceived, A bit like having Joey Barton play for you.

I can't think of a manager I have disliked. Zola probably the nicest we have ever had alongside John Lyall of course.
  • I can't think of a manager I have disliked.

Even a certain other Scottish manager?
  • I had forgotten about him. To be fair I think of him for Fish and Chips more than football management.
  • edited May 2023
    After that Fornals performance, Benny is going to be sweating ahead of the ECL final, especially if Fornals gets a game against Leicester.

Said all season, we’re a better side with Fornals in it.
  • alderz said:

Just watched the game again on MOTD, and realised we scored all three goals from open play. Don't know if I'm correct, but it seems like ages since we've done this.
    Alderz?

Turns out there isn't a super easy way to find this information. I've used FBRef to help find games where we scored 3 or more goals, and where we had fewer than a low enough amount of goal creating actions that weren't dead balls. That whittled me down to 5 league games, but it turns out that method wasn't accounting for penalties, or where there were multiple phases from a set piece.

So, I've just watched highlights for the games that we scored 3 or more non-penalty goals while I ate my lunch.

And it turns out that we've done this one other time this season in the league, against Nottingham Forest on 25th February. We had two poachers finishes from Danny Ings, a screamer from Declan Rice, and a back post header from Michail Antonio. None of which were from set pieces.

https://fbref.com/en/squads/7c21e445/2022-2023/matchlogs/all_comps/gca/West-Ham-United-Match-Logs-All-Competitions
    Great stats - thanks Alderz! I knew you would rise to the ‘challenge’.
    😀⚒