West Ham v Leeds, Sunday 21st May, 1.30pm

Comments

• The formation isn’t the issue, it’s the approach play. Ings can play as a loan striker, but he can’t run the channels in the way Antonio does. He needs us on the front foot.
  • Lukerz said:

Totally deserved.
    We have been abject so far.

I didn’t expect anything less given Thursday & with nothing to play for.
    You right, but you can live in hope!
    Sadly with Moyes he won't give chances to other players, like perform today and you might make the team for the final, that IMO is not in his nature.
  • Commentator just stated that we've only won one game this season when we've conceded the first goal.
  • alderz said:

The formation isn’t the issue, it’s the approach play. Ings can play as a loan striker, but he can’t run the channels in the way Antonio does. He needs us on the front foot.

Which we rarely are. So either play someone that can run the channels, or play a formation that brings the best out of the players available.
  • Jay isn’t that what he’s done. He’s made 6 changes from Thursday so who exactly do you think is not playing but deserves a chance to play in the final.
  • Great goal, that.

Rice scores on his last home game 😭
  • edited May 2023

Jay isn’t that what he’s done. He’s made 6 changes from Thursday so who exactly do you think is not playing but deserves a chance to play in the final.

Yeah, but think we can all name the starting 11...or 10 out of the 11 anyway for the final!
    Good comeback though, and nice to see a farewell goal for Rice.
  • That’s a really nice goal
  • Oh Deccers so going to miss you
  • Bamford off - BFS's Andy Carroll replacement
  • Oof. Nearly two, but Fornals shanks it wide.
  • What if, and hear me out here, what if… he didn’t leave…?
  • alderz said:

What if, and hear me out here, what if… he didn’t leave…?

Then it would be as incredible as it is unlikely.

But maybe, just maybe, with Europa League next season, we might get one more year...
  • You know what, we have played some lovely stuff since we went behind.

Another good counter sees Emerson's shot blocked.
  • We have played well since going 1 down.....
    2nd half with who we have on bench should be interesting
    COYI......
  • David Moyes has picked a line up to try to help Everton stay up. 😉
  • Jeez. We nearly let Leeds in with a terrible touch by Zouma.
  • Given the circumstance, & after the first 20, we’ve done well.
  • Anybody else think the long-term Rice replacement is already on the pitch playing slightly ahead of him.
  • Zouma is definitely not a ball playing CB.
  • Lukerz said:

Anybody else think the long-term Rice replacement is already on the pitch playing slightly ahead of him.

Paqueta? Good player, but he's not a DM.
  • I think that Pablo is having a good game, far less wasteful then Benny
  • I think that Pablo is having a good game, far less wasteful then Benny

Slow start, like most, but yeh, I agree, he certainly came into it......
    Let's hope we put in a good 2nd half showing, COYI.....
  • Lukerz said:

Anybody else think the long-term Rice replacement is already on the pitch playing slightly ahead of him.

He's certainly not playing next to him. Soucek must be one of the most limited midfielders in the league.
  • Zouma off was he injured
  • I love watching Paqueta. I’m really excited for him next season, as he’s really grown this season. If he keeps his progression up he’ll be HOTY next year.
  • alderz said:

I love watching Paqueta. I’m really excited for him next season, as he’s really grown this season. If he keeps his progression up he’ll be HOTY next year.

He's part of the reason I think we need a Soucek upgrade. Paqueta, like Payet, thrives on having similarly technically gifted players around him. He links well with Benrahma, Rice and Fornals, but Soucek is the glaring weak link in that respect. Get another #baller in the middle, and I think he'll benefit.
  • I’d love to see Fornals tried out in the middle, personally. A holding midfielder as a single pivot with Paqueta and Fornals in front would be exciting.
  • Soucek isn’t there to be a baller. He’s in the top 5 players for winning aerial duels in both boxes and that’s where his strengths lie.