West Ham v Leeds, Sunday 21st May, 1.30pm

Comments

• Would anyone else be happy enough to lose this if it meant both Everton and Leicester go down? Both far more likely to be threats in our matches next season than Leeds or whoever comes up, Burnley aside possibly.

My only aim for this match is to not pick up any injuries.

Nooooooooooooooo!

• Would anyone else be happy enough to lose this if it meant both Everton and Leicester go down? Both far more likely to be threats in our matches next season than Leeds or whoever comes up, Burnley aside possibly.

My only aim for this match is to not pick up any injuries.

Wow! Let's get next seasons negativity going early. 😤
  • With the 3 teams fighting to stay in the the EPL, Leeds would be my choice.
    Dislike Everton and as Claretandblue said IMO Leicester are a better team than Leeds, so that is in our advantage.
    But my main reason is of course Big Sam, I really hope he can keep them up, if it means by beating us, rather them than Leicester next week.
    All IMO 👍🏻
  • West Ham team news
    Team to face Leeds: Fabianski, Coufal, Emerson, Ogbonna, Zouma, Rice, Soucek, Paqueta, Fornals, Bowen, Ings.
    Subs: Areola, Johnson, Cresswell, Antonio, Lanzini, Cornet, Benrahma, Kehrer, Mubama.
  • Don't think Everton or Leicester can complain about our line up ,Did think there would be more changes then that
  • Would have liked to see Lanzini in otherwise rest of the team looks fine.
  • Nice to watch a Hammers match without any ounce of worry in my body, refreshing change for a while for me.....
  • Decent team. Would've liked to have seen a little more rotation with one or two of Lanzini/Downes/Cornet getting some minutes but I'm still happy. Maybe even Mubama off the bench
  • Hope we smash them. Let Leeds and Everton worry about themselves.
  • Aguerd has a knock

BFS sticks with nine of the eleven that started against Newcastle, Struijk replaces Firpo at LB and Adam Forshaw preferred to 21yo Sam Greenwood on the left side of midfield three

CB Robin Koch plays as a makeshift DM while proper CM/DM Marc Roca fit enough for the bench

And I have to go to work at half time
  • Let’s hope we finish off on a high in what’s probably Declan’s last home match.
  • edited May 2023
    Slacker said:

Let’s hope we finish off on a high in what’s probably Declan’s last home match.

Probably the last home game for Lanzini too, and possibly Fornals as well.
  • I would have liked to see Zouma rested. Don't want us to risk him getting injured.
  • Big Sam playing hoof ball there's a shocker
  • Very casual start. Not a lot of intensity from us, which was expected to be fair.

If I were a Leeds fan, I'd be disappointed not to win this.
  • Yeh, a very slow start with Leeds dominating the first opening minutes....
  • steve said:

Big Sam playing hoof ball there's a shocker

They've been the much better team so far after 8 minutes.
  • edited May 2023

Probably the last home game for Lanzini too, and possibly Fornals as well.

Why would it be Fornals home last game? I haven't read anything about him wanting to leave and we need someone to give Benrahma a bit of competition
  • Aguerd injured?
  • Has ings touched the ball yet
  • MIAHammer said:

I would have liked to see Zouma rested. Don't want us to risk him getting injured.

If Zouma was rested we'd have Oggy and Kehrer at the back
  • Aguerd injured?

Has a knock according to various sources
  • Leeds score. From a long throw in.

We learn nothing from our mistakes.
  • Why don’t we just give them the win & save the effort. This is a waste of time for us.
  • Totally deserved.
    We have been abject so far.
  • just threw it into the box and volleyed it in lol
  • Dreadful
  • Totally deserved.
    We have been abject so far.

I didn’t expect anything less given Thursday & with nothing to play for.
  • The only good thing is what the Everton fans are thinking =)
  • steve said:

Has ings touched the ball yet

We probably shouldn't expect a player nothing like Antonio to play like Antonio.

It's mad to me that we play the same formation even though we don't have the players to make it work.