AZ Alkmaar v West Ham, Thurs 18th May, 8pm ECL Semi-final 2nd Leg (1-2 agg)

Comments

• Fiorentina completely outplayed Basel tonight. Will be a tough final.
  • So so pleased for Moyes.
  • Delighted
  • Mrs Grey has her mop back!!!!!!!!!!

(Oh…….And we are in the final)
  • Just hope the West Ham players throwing punches doesn't come back to haunt us.
  • Like anything, they may face bans. Unfortunately not much we can do about that now.
  • Flynn Downes getting banned isn't a big deal. Getting kicked out of the competition is.

Not saying that will happen, but this is UEFA we're talking about.
  • We won’t get thrown out for a few players jumping into the stands at FT of a semi final. It wasn’t even on our own turf. There may be some fines or bans depending whether they feel those players were justified in getting involved.
  • I don’t think the images were great, but the players should not have been in a position to think about protecting their families.
  • Woooohoooo! ⚒⚒⚒
  • Obviously glad we got through and it was agony refreshing my phone page every few secs hoping there wasnt a late goal for them (and then the joy of Pable scoring!!). To then read players entered the family/friends section to protect their family is just such a downer for them! Surely nobody gets banned. What would you do in the same position? Nobody would be stopping me from jumping in there to protect my loved ones. The masked ^^^^^^ should be jailed and shamed to the public.
  • watched post match Dec interview and admit that I regret knocking him as captain earlier. I dont get to hear the Coles commentating but love them both and I'm sure they're entertaining too!

• Still buzzing what a night ,
  • Really concerned that there might be a backlash from UEFA against some players for the scenes at the end. Despite the huge provocation you can just imagine us being on the wrong end of some stupid decision that doesn't take into account the circumstances of players' friends and families being in real danger.
  • Could not watch it live, kudos to my better half as she did not give the game away and I managed to watch it all without knowing the score, a tough watch to be sure but we were so disciplined in defence and created more than a couple of decent chances.

Great night for the team and everyone associated with the club.

COYI

• What a way to start Friday! It's a long happy weekend for me... Hollywood couldn't write the script for the last 10 minutes: two missed chances then a pen shout (the usual West Ham Way) and then the Forgotten Guy has a chance that will either make his season or ruin his career. AND HE SCORES!! Shout out for Areola too - he kept us in the game. 😁😁😁😁
  • IronHerb said:
    Yeah, he’s definitely lost the dressing room.

• Really concerned that there might be a backlash from UEFA against some players for the scenes at the end. Despite the huge provocation you can just imagine us being on the wrong end of some stupid decision that doesn't take into account the circumstances of players' friends and families being in real danger.

I watched a clip on twitter and it looks like Bowen gives Antonio a right clump during the commotion.
  • Didn't see the 2nd half last night so watched it today and thought that if it had been a PL game, VAR would have given a penalty for Aguerd's tackle, unless of course he was playing for a "top 6" club.
    If the situation last night were reversed, we'd have all been shouting for a penalty, it looked a no-brainer to me.
  • I agree Bubbles, the player was looking and waiting for it but Aguerd did give it to him. I am not sure why it wasn't given. Maybe we are the Liverpool of the conference.
  • I have to admit that after the upset of seeing those scenes, I woke up today feeling like it was defintely a day where 'West Ham are massive everywhere we go!' :)
  • Hopefully this (AZ calling the scenes "A night to reflect on with shame") will help ensure no punishment for our players from UEFA:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/65648030
  • edited May 2023
    Just watched the game over again .Have to say less stress .But Fornals goal was really good .last night I was jumping up and down to much To enjoy how good it was
  • Good news was Benrahma’s punches were as wayward as his crosses.
  • Bendrama
  • Lukerz said:

Good news was Benrahma’s punches were as wayward as his crosses.

You try telling that to the guy in row Z =)
  • Just noticed on the highlights that as Pablo megged the defender Ings just stopped and raised his arms as though he knew he was going to score. 😎

• Telegraph reports that UEFA could ban Said Benrahma, Flynn Downes, Michail Antonio and for some reason Declan Rice over their involvement in the trouble at AZ but the bans might not be until after the ECL final
  • Telegraph reports that UEFA could ban Said Benrahma, Flynn Downes, Michail Antonio and for some reason Declan Rice over their involvement in the trouble at AZ but the bans might not be until after the ECL final

Rice would be because he bent down, picked something up and threw it at someone in the melee.