AZ Alkmaar v West Ham, Thurs 18th May, 8pm ECL Semi-final 2nd Leg (1-2 agg)

Comments

• Well if my day’s fishing is anything to go by we’re in for a treat tonight. I played a blinder.

In other news my boy sent me a pic of him having a beer with Tony Cottee.
    He reckons there’s thousands of hammers out there.⚒❤️⚒❤️
  • Has he got injured yet?
  • edited May 2023
    Unchanged from the first leg:

Fabiański, Kehrer, Zouma, Aguerd, Cresswell, Souček, Rice ©, Paquetá, Bowen, Antonio, Benrahma
    Subs: Fabiański (GK), Anang (GK), Johnson, Ogbonna, Emerson, Coufal, Downes, Lanzini, Cornet, Fornals, Mubama, Ings
  • was hoping Coufal would make it
  • No mention of any new injuries from Jansen's press conference, along with LW Jesper Karlsson AZ also have 25yo AM Dani de Wit back, got 25 minutes against FC Emmen on Sunday after four months out with a foot injury.

Started 28 out of 29 games he's been available this season and scored 13. Would replace Sven Mijnans if he is in the starting XI

Tough decision for him, whether to start either or both of them, knowing he'll have to bring them off, or put them on for the last half an hour knowing it could be an hour if things go to extra time. In a way, starting them makes sense as far better to do that than bring them on and they break down, wasting another substitution.
    He's gone 50/50, Karlsson starts with D de Wit on the bench.
  • T minus 60 mins and counting
  • Kerkez in for De Wit at LB as expected but Karlson in for Ogaard and Ogaard not even on the bench
  • The wait is killing me
  • Kerkez in for De Wit at LB as expected but Karlson in for Ogaard and Ogaard not even on the bench
  • Noble wearing a suit...with trainers

You are not a Jedi yet, young Skywalker
  • Doncha just love Carlton.❤️⚒
  • edited May 2023
    Slacker said:

Doncha just love Carlton.❤️⚒

A well cut suit with a pair of properly polished shoes. Brogues?
  • So, will we go at them and try to put the game to bed early, or sit back and see if we can keep them out for 90 minutes?
  • Sit back and then try to exploit spaces as they press on, it's the Moyes way.
  • See you all at half time 🤞🤞🤞
  • Here we go them ,fingers and more crossed
  • I think this AZ team will be a lot better than last week but feel like if we can keep it 0-0 until the 70th minute again we should be able to turn them over in the final 20 when they kitchen sink it.

Concede before that and i think we will be on the ropes fast.
  • Feels like it's going to be a long and uncomfortable night. Doesn't look like we're expecting to do too much in their half.
  • How many times have you shouted at Benrahma already?
  • Our fast chance, but Bowen scuffs his shot wide. Nice bit of possession in the build up.
  • Paqueta wasteful again…
    COYI ⚒️
  • Ack. Paqueta hits the post.
  • MrsGrey said:

How many times have you shouted at Benrahma already?

Bowen, too. Been far too casual on the ball.
  • I'm renaming him Banana feet!
  • Aaargh
  • Benrahma:

Penalties ✅
    Shooting ❌
    Crossing ❌
  • Whats Robbie on? "Counter attacking football at its best"? 😂
  • 0-0 HT
    That's okay. We're a 2nd half team.
  • Nothing in it…
    Bowen has had little success down the right, Benrahma and Paqueta again need to do better in good positions….
    COYI ⚒️