AZ Alkmaar v West Ham, Thurs 18th May, 8pm ECL Semi-final 2nd Leg (1-2 agg)

Comments

• I think who scores the first goal will go through. I hope we take the game to them and don't try and defend the lead. We are the better side and the best chance to prevent them getting into the match is to push them back.

In my view they will try and be patient at first and attack with discipline and if we let them come onto us we could have some trouble as aside from Zouma all of our defenders have a bit of a howler in them. We could end up soaking up a lot of pressure, conceding and them getting the wind in their sails whilst we begin to panic and get pulled out of shape.

We should press them back and really go for it as should we get the first goal they will panic, lose their discipline and be open to the counter attack, if we get a second then it's game over. Scoring first would also blunt the crowd, who will probably start off quite intense.

• Semi final day ,sounds real good .Final day would sound even better .come on lads been far to long ..in you we trust
  • It's going to be a very long day
  • Matchday
    8 hours 50 mins and counting

COYI ⚒⚒⚒
  • T minus 8 hours and counting.
  • edited May 2023
    We're going to lose tonight...
    Before anyone accuses me of being negative.... i said Leicester and real madrid would win in the week. Here's hoping im wrong again 😂😂
  • Liverpool won 🤦🏼
  • edited May 2023
    Sorry i meant leicester 😂 editted now
  • Bookies fancy a 1-1 draw
  • Bookies fancy a 1-1 draw

More than happy with that 😊.
  • Just really hope it doesn't go to penalties, PLEASE......
  • We'll be fine as long as Rice is 11th

Fabianski to do an Adrian!
  • T minus 7 hours and counting
  • I am on the ferry from Portsmouth to St Malo leaving at 8.00 this evening, it quickly gets round the back of the Isle of Wight when phone signal and internet stop working and doesn’t dock until 8.00 am tomorrow. I could go all night wondering what happened.
  • Whitehorse, I'm sure they'll have an internet connection in this day and age.
  • T minus 6 hours and counting
  • Bubbles, they do but you need to sign up to their very costly marine network, which I will do to get the result, but will be annoyed if it's not what I want to read.
  • T minus 5 hours and counting
  • Astro have delayed showing the match til 7am tomorrow, so I'm going offline til then. Best of luck to everyone, and COYI....
  • I'm so excited and I just can't hide it - COYI
  • edited May 2023

I'm so excited and I just can't hide it - COYI

Given the next line.....

Time for Tena Men? 😂🤣😂
  • T minus 4 hours and counting.
  • edited May 2023
    IIRC, Moyes was the manager of the last British team to win a European game at AZ, back in 2007
  • Not in a good mood walting around ,my wife has left me again =)
  • T minus 3 hoours and counting
  • I’m excited as I am sitting in the dentist chair
  • Lukerz said:

I’m excited as I am sitting in the dentist chair

*psssst* Luke loves getting his teeth checked, pass it on
  • Dentist's chair, or 1996 dentist's chair 🤔

• I'll be driving during the game (checking my phone every 20secs) 'Have we scored yet? Have we scored yet...
  • T minus 2 hours and counting