West Ham V AZ Alkmaar, Thurs 11th May

Comments

• At the stadium a bit early, but drinking to kill time. 🤪
    This is the big one, and I believe we shall prevail.
    COYI
  • You lucky thing!

I shall be having a sofa delivered so will miss much of the game, as I wrestle it up the stairs.

(Currently praying I've measured the doorways properly ...)
  • MrsGrey said:

You lucky thing!

I shall be having a sofa delivered so will miss much of the game, as I wrestle it up the stairs.

(Currently praying I've measured the doorways properly ...)

……something to hide behind?
  • Two leg matches are always so tactical and being at home in the second leg such an advantage. In my view they will try and stifle the game tonight and we need to be more attacking than usual. They will allow us to be careful and not concede if we allow them, hoping take a draw back to Holland. In my view we need a two goal lead from tonight which will mean they can't be patient in Holland and will need come onto us there, and hopefully leave themselves open for a counter attack early in that match.

• edited May 2023
    Areola, Kehrer, Zouma, Aguerd, Cresswell, Rice ©, Souček, Paquetá, Benrahma, Antonio, Bowen
    Subs: Fabiański (GK), Anang (GK), Johnson, Fornals, Lanzini, Downes, Emerson, Cornet, Ings, Potts, Mubama

Zouma back, just as well as Ogbonna doesn't even make the bench (simply listed as " not available"). Nice to see Mubama and Potts there though.
  • Zouma starts. Wasn't expecting that. Hopefully it's not too risky a move.

Excited for this one. Strong team, so I think we can get the job done tonight.

COYI
  • edited May 2023
    I'm bricking it. (Can I say that on here?)
  • Didn’t know about billy Beane angle until I read that article. I’m a little wary now.
  • I know these are no pushovers, but anything less than a win by a 2 goal margin and next week is going to be even more tense than without such a lead. I can see 2-1(which would be a bit meh), maybe 3-1 if we're lucky, anything better would be dreamland.
  • For once I feel kind of calm ,sure that will change within the hour
  • Think we need to reign our expectations in from two goal wins. Make sure we are still in the tie at the end of the game. Going to Frankfurt a goal down made it a very difficult task, even with the red. Make sure we’re level & ideally have a lead of some description.
  • For me, it’s a bonus game.
    EPL status will always be IMO the most important factor, so this on top of the win V Man U is a plus factor without as much stress…
    Of course though COYI ⚒️
  • I hope Paqueta plays well. If he does, I think we will smash em!

COYI
  • I took the plunge and bought 30 days of carefully timed BT Sports, so if it all goes downhill from here you can blame me!
  • Are anyone else's clocks running backwards atm, or is it just mine?
  • edited May 2023
    Ogbonna’s got some sickness according to the manager. Shame, he’s been excellent recently ( apart from playing Palace onside).
  • So Zouma pushed in because ogbonna is sick ,what could go wrong =)
  • Zouma has a blinder?🤷🏻‍♂️
  • Can't cope with being on here and watching, see you all at HT.

COYI ⚒⚒⚒
  • And we're off...
  • edited May 2023
    They're passing it through our midfield far too easily at the moment. We're not pressing and seem happy for them to have the ball.

We've had the better chances, but it's a tight first 20 minutes.
  • going to be a second half game this one.
  • AZ will be happy with how this is going
  • Well, that's what'll happen when you give them so much time
  • Here we go again 1down
  • edited May 2023
    Annoying. Thought we’d been better until then.

Benrahma and Antonio have been really positive. If Paqueta had got that through hall right earlier we had a really good chance.

And now he wastes that cross…
  • Benrahma having a vety good 1st half, but Paqueta, not so, wasteful so far…
    COYI ⚒️
  • They’ve been really comfortable so far and we’ve been wasteful.
  • We're never winning anything are we