Crystal Palace vs West Ham, Sat 29th April, 12.30pm

Comments

• That’s so typical of Benrahma. Last second, everyone in the box, cuts onto his right in a brilliant position, launches it into the crowd, full time.
  • Flattered us massively, we were dreadful, scrappy corner goals & that was all we had to show all match
  • That was embarrassing in the end. Nothing to offer.

Individual mistakes and a bad call have played their part, but we deserved nothing from that. Absolute garbage.
  • I seriously believe that they don’t really think they’re in a relegation battle. Today was one they needed to have down as winnable. They must know they’ll get nothing from City or Utd and it could still easily end up having to win at Leicester last game to stay up.
  • Get Benrahma out, not good enough
  • edited April 2023
    Christ Benny that is the worst!!!?
  • alderz said:

That’s so typical of Benrahma. Last second, everyone in the box, cuts onto his right in a brilliant position, launches it into the crowd, full time.

Drives me crazy.
  • edited April 2023
    Benrahma showing that he is simply NOT GOOD ENOUGH....
    We got what we deserved, nothing.
    It's far from over this relegation battle, anyone who thinks so, sorry, you are IMO probably going to be in for a very rude awakening and despair IMO......
  • We made Palace look like City.
  • We definitely deserved to lose, and it feels like the momentum we’d built up over the last few weeks has been sucked out of us after that robbery against Liverpool. The only plus is that we were able to find a way to score some goals despite playing very poorly.
  • We’ll lose Wednesday & then probably next Sunday. Pressure on those final 3 games.
  • Back to hoping other teams do us a favour. What a dreadful season.
  • edited April 2023
    Paqueta has a couple of half reasonable games, does a bit of dancing & thinks he’s cracked it

What a time for Rice to pull out a stinker.
  • On todays showing City would have scored 5 or 6 minimum which they are likely to do on Wednesday.
    Pep must have been laughing his head of at this as he must know he’ll be top of the league by 10pm Wednesday
  • Lukerz said:

We’ll lose Wednesday & then probably next Sunday. Pressure on those final 3 games.

By then, IMO the pressure will be on, with a loss for us and a win for 1 or 2 below and we are in massive trouble, 34 points never enough.......
  • Wednesday is all about keeping the score down. Sunday will just be another normal match against the big six. Then we've got a couple of teams that are desperate for points. Not good.
  • Poor display. Were players tired? VAR on penalty didn't help. Rice was anonymous and Pacqueta wasn't effective. Need 4 points from the remaining games and can't see us getting anything out of MANC or MANU. It could all hinge of the final game against Leicester. Desperate times.
  • Oh my, Bennys last cross/shot or whatever that was, pretty much summed that up.

The history books will record a close result where West Ham could be considered unlucky as it is true that we gifted them a goal and their penalty was a joke, however, the close result hides what was pretty poor performance, we produced nothing in open play, I am literally struggling to recall any period of play where we passed and moved with purpose.

I am still confident that we will survive but that was not a great day at the office
  • edited April 2023
    I'm so angry my whole family have gone out lol
  • The pen was never a pen, but that’s the way it goes now with VAR
  • We didn’t deserve much today, but that was never a penalty. Palace made to look better than they are.
  • Who will be stupid ,I mean brave enough to do the city thread =)
  • Lukerz said:

The pen was never a pen, but that’s the way it goes now with VAR

I wanted VAR for so long, and the way it’s been implemented has been one of the biggest disappointments of modern football
  • Hamstew said:

Wednesday is all about keeping the score down. Sunday will just be another normal match against the big six. Then we've got a couple of teams that are desperate for points. Not good.

Got to hope that Brentford have nothing to play for and have eased off when we play them. They've had our number since they came up so I'm expecting nothing from that one.

And then what could be a couple of absolute shoot outs against Leeds and Leicester.

We're still in big, big trouble.
  • If you think the teams below us are going to pull rabbits out of their hats and start racking up points, you're wrong. They've been rubbish all season and they'll continue being rubbish. We'll be fine.
  • If you think the teams below us are going to pull rabbits out of their hats and start racking up points, you're wrong. They've been rubbish all season and they'll continue being rubbish. We'll be fine.

Let's hope you right, I really hope so, but this is the time for strange wins and shock results......Let's hope is starts with a Brentford win, come on you bees.....
  • Forest beat Brighton. Not sure anyone expected that. They have Southampton coming up too, and Brentford and Chelsea teams with nothing to play for. Can see them picking up six more points. Can see Leicester picking up four before they play us.

I think those saying that we're safe are being way too complacent, IMO.

Looking at the fixtures it's looking like Southampton, Everton and Leeds, but all it takes is a couple of freak results and it's not so clear cut.
  • Feeling pretty comfortable now, expecting us to keep up the momentum and produce a decent performance,

I really should know better………..

To be fair, deep down, I really did know better…………….🙁
  • Forest beat Brighton. Not sure anyone expected that. They have Southampton coming up too, and Brentford and Chelsea teams with nothing to play for. Can see them picking up six more points. Can see Leicester picking up four before they play us.

I don’t understand why those can be cited as examples of crazy results, yet we’re nailed on to lose all our games?
  • Ludicrous to suggest we are safe. We just shipped 4 goals against Palace. Their turnstiles don't even work.