Brighton v West Ham. Sat 4th March 3pm.

Comments

• I don’t think he’ll go, but that result & performance could be a sackable offence on its own
  • I couldn’t get to a stream today, so let’s make sure I’ve got this right - it’s not worth staying in to watch MOTD tonight ?? 🤪
  • The starting eleven looked okay, blame Moyes of course but it was not just one player having a bad day it was all of them, they need to look at themselves after that.
  • Slacker it only really lasted a couple of minutes as a game and was a dead match once the penalty went in. The rest of the time it was an attack v whatever we had training exercise. I’m sure they meet more resistance from the dustbins they use in training.
    We were a complete laughing stock
  • It was our usual away rubbish. Spineless set-up & gutless performance.

Fans may as well stay home for remaining away games.
  • Stats look ridiculous. They had 68% possession and 20 shots against our 3. 9 on target against our 2.
    Player ratings on the BBC site are in the 2’s and 3’s which I think is generous.
  • For me that performance was not acceptable.....That's not something I have said before...But tonight, that's how I really feel...
  • How did Scamacca not come on in that game? I mean, what's the point of having him? We were chasing that game from the 18th minute but did we at any point go two up front?

I was done with Moyes months ago, but this is a new low. He has to go. He just has to.
  • edited March 2023
    Normally you might say that should be the kick up the backside they need and they’ll crack on from here but this is probably the sixth or so time we would have actually said it this season. We never learn from the poor games or maybe they don’t think they have played poorly. If that’s the case then I don’t know what they’re on because that performance today was a low which I doubt there’s a word which can adequately describe it.
    Anyone who didn’t watch it and are getting their impressions from what’s posted on here or on Sky or the BBC then believe me this performance was really difficult to describe and I can’t believe what I’ve watched. At the moment I don’t want to watch any more of our games. Luckily, apart from the Spurs game, I normally only see them on the box or streams and can turn off if I want but I pity the poor fans who went to Manchester Wednesday and then Brighton today. They don’t deserve it.
  • This is the splurge Moyes has come out with
    The man is deluded.

'Good supporters support when it's bad'
    FT: Brighton 4-0 West Ham

West Ham United

West Ham boss David Moyes told BBC Sport: "What went wrong? I'd have to give some praise to Brighton, but we lost a terrible first goal. We should easily have dealt with it. And the second was from a corner kick, so we found we were climbing a mountain.

"There was anger from everybody. Anger from the supporters, anger from the manager, the players are angry, they're disappointed with themselves. That's the way it's got to be - we're not accepting what's happened today. We're going to try to do something about it, to make sure the next performance is better. It's sore just now. We'll look at it and move on again."

On the fans: "We need them behind us. Good supporters support when it's bad as well as good. And for the past few years it's been really good here.

"If we'd won today it would've made us feel a lot easier. We're probably all looking at around 40 points to stay away from the bottom of the league, but the only thing you can do is take each game as it comes."
  • I’ve been firmly in the #MoyesIn camp, and I still am, but seeing post match comments like that makes it very hard to support the guy.

You lose four nil, have 3 shots all match, and want to have a pop at the away fans who turn up every other week even though we have the worst away record in the league? Not sure about that.
  • Here’s a fun stat: despite having less than a third of the ball, we managed to lose possession more times in the game than Brighton did (109 to 110).
  • Went for a walk to calm down ,came back to hear more Moyes dribble ,now I am all upset again .And the wine which always helps is doing nothing this time .sick of this season
  • What will the 'half cup full posters' make of this...should be interesting....hope at least they are honest, because this has been a shocker deluxe IMO

Yeah, because I lie all the time.
    It was a bad performance, and I’ve called out bad performances before. What I tend not to do is go off on one after we concede a goal, slaughter a player after one mistake, almost will a defeat to prove a point.
    I remain positive and will continue to be so, surely that is how you best support your team.
  • edited March 2023
    IronHerb said:

What will the 'half cup full posters' make of this...should be interesting....hope at least they are honest, because this has been a shocker deluxe IMO

It was a bad performance, and I’ve called out bad performances before. What I tend not to do is go off on one after we concede a goal, slaughter a player after one mistake, almost will a defeat to prove a point.
    I remain positive and will continue to be so, surely that is how you best support your team.
    IH… where did I mention your name…
    It is what it is….
    For the last 18 months odd we have been abject in general IMO… if some people don’t want to see it or accept reality, that’s not my problem .
    But IH.. you were not mentioned in any of my thoughts, but if you think it’s directed at you, then that’s up to you ⚒️
  • IronHerb said:

What will the 'half cup full posters' make of this...should be interesting....hope at least they are honest, because this has been a shocker deluxe IMO

As a very large rock legend once said “ You took the words right out of my mouth”.
    Top bowling mate.👏

• You guys.. really, your talent is wasted on here…
    Nowhere had I mentioned any particular people… but if you feel you are the likely lads… go ape dudes 🦍
  • Whatever happens I will always support the Hammers but in the very few years I have left I’d rather they’re not spent in the championship, or possibly lower on today’s performance.
  • I blame Antonio, didn't touch the ball the entire game. =)
  • Sorry jay but who were you aiming your ‘ cup half full posters’ post at? Who were you expecting to respond? 🤷‍♂️
  • First game that i feel Moyes has lost the dressing room
  • I’m coming up to the 65th anniversary of my first game. In that time Ive experienced the depths of losing 6-0 at Oldham in a league cup semifinal, being 4-0 down at half time at Charlton,losing 8-2 at home to Blackburn on Boxing Day, I once went on a run over a couple of seasons of going on 18 away matches without getting as much as a point.They’re just some of the lows, and dark days they certainly were but this is my club, it’s in my blood, it’s who I am.
    Today was awful, just awful but Ive been there before, and I’m still here.
  • edited March 2023
    IronHerb said:

Sorry jay but who were you aiming your ‘ cup half full posters’ post at? Who were you expecting to respond? 🤷‍♂️

Anyone who has been on the ‘stick with Moyes’ team..
    I’ve been adamant he should have been gone ages ago, but a fair few on here feel otherwise.
    A good win against a very average Forest didn’t cover the cracks for me so wanted to see what the fans who have clearly stated stay with Moyes camp felt after what was probably the worst performance I’ve watched in a long time….
    That was it …
    Slacker.. good for u… 👍🏻 I’m just saying what i think, and as stated hundreds of times, we are all entitled to that regardless if some of us are senior citizens 👍🏻
  • Let’s all keep a respectful tone and make sure we don’t get into arguments or personal attacks at all please everyone.
  • edited March 2023
    alderz said:

Let’s all keep a respectful tone and make sure we don’t get into arguments or personal attacks at all please everyone.

Says the man throwing fists at Rav the other day... 😉
  • There's more fight in here than there was on the pitch this afternoon. Hahaha
  • alderz said:

Let’s all keep a respectful tone and make sure we don’t get into arguments or personal attacks at all please everyone.

Says the man throwing fists at Rav the other day... 😉
    Yeah but I have the power to ban accounts so I can do what I like
  • What I am finding hard to understand is after last week against Forest, which I was at, yes it was only Forest but we played some good stuff, kept a clean sheet and scored four goals and everyone went home happy. On Wednesday we went to Old Trafford and for the best part of 90 minutes we looked like a decent side. How can you go from that to what happened today? We can only hope that next week is another reversal of performance.
  • I blame Antonio, didn't touch the ball the entire game. =)

I understand the satire but unfortunately and quite literally, neither did Ings -