Brighton v West Ham. Sat 4th March 3pm.

Comments

• The contrast from both teams when the GK is in possession of the ball is interesting. They like to keep possession and play out where as we launch it and lose it straight away.
  • In all honesty, we have been yet again.POOR...no excuses so far.
  • 72% possession conceded. Not a huge problem of your counter attack works, but if it doesn't it just becomes a training exercise for the opposition.
  • Shocking first period......Nothing positive to mention....SAD to say....I'm gutted we are so bad to watch so far......
  • Brighton must be the most underrated side in the PL

And Mitoma nicking Areola's water bottle is beyond cheeky
  • Its so bad I'm contemplating reading the cricket chat on the other thread.
  • Hoof ball and our full backs keep pumping 50 yard balls to gift it back to Brighton.

Sign 2 proper full backs and i think half the problems of this team go away.
  • So it's going well then. Hahaha
  • edited March 2023
    I’m beginning to come down on the side of Keane and Neville. We ARE useless.
  • edited March 2023
    69 passes in 45 mins we've made lol
  • For first 45 minutes, Brighton 300 passes v West Ham 69 passes.
    Nuff said.
  • i would actually consider putting Fornals / Downes / Lanzini / Scamacca on even if it doesn't change anything, just to put a statement to the players about how garbage that first half was.
  • What an embarrassing half of football
  • Pathetic 1st half...That was a horrendous display....Oh my.........Trying to be positive...BUT........nothing there to give even a glimmer of hope......RUBBISH
  • what a spineless performance. no movement, cant pass so frustrating
  • Bournemouth winning. Wolves and Leeds holding Spurs and Chelsea respectively.

Things really not going our way at half time.
  • I think we may have had the same number of throw ins as them so equally matched there.
  • So may abject performances, a first half performance where you could sub the lot...SHOCKING..IMO that is not an over reaction, just what I witnessed in that hopless 1st...WOW and in the wrong way............
  • I expected us to lose, but it will be bad news for us if Bournemouth, Leeds and Wolves all pick up points against Arsenal, Chelsea and Spurs.
  • We've been better second half than first half for a couple of seasons so I'm hopeful
  • Simple, players like Lanzini or/and Fornals need to be in the team in games like this. Soucek, I mean sorry he does not bring anything to the table.
  • edited March 2023
    Worse display of the whole season .and that's saying something ,Moves needs to get into them in a big way
  • Cloughie said we had a good team on paper. Unfortunately the game is played on grass.
    I honestly don’t know what is going on with this lot.
  • Except for the whole of the second half of last season where we were poor in both halves.
  • Lukerz Soucek has been the one winning the headers to clear their corners and the only one winning any tackles.
  • I think we just have to accept that this is what it is, an away game against a side challenging for Europe who are much better than us. It’s beyond us to take any points so we move on to Villa at home.
  • Every chance we are in the bottom three at the end of this weekend. It seems the position we are in has totally escaped them as they don’t seem to be able to put in any kind of fighting performance.
  • Only thing positive is that we are only one down and they have had few chances to increase the deficit, however….. we are second best in every area, we cannot hold onto or pass the ball, even when it is gifted to us, once again we do not look like scoring, our “creative” players are not creating but worst of all, we are playing like we are happy to restrict the deficit to a single goal.

I assume that we do understand that when your are losing by a goal, you actually are losing, sounds like a flippant comment but the manner of our desire and set up, leads me to that shocking conclusion.

Brighton are a good side but this is looking like a training game for them.

We have to show more desire in this 2nd period, amazingly we are still in this — if we want to be.

Ho hum
  • Lukerz said:

I think we just have to accept that this is what it is, an away game against a side challenging for Europe who are much better than us. It’s beyond us to take any points so we move on to Villa at home.

We are playing a team that beat Liverpool twice in January
  • In reality there are no such things as bogey sides just sides who are better than you and regularly beat you. Trouble is our attitude in this game seems to be that we never beat them so why bother.
    I think the club should give fans free tickets and travel to away games for the rest of this season if this is the sort of uninterested performances they are going to put in.