Brighton v West Ham. Sat 4th March 3pm.

14567810»

Comments

• Any news on why Antonio didn't even make the bench? Was it a case of Moyes' petulance over his comments in the week?

• It’s the first time we’ve lost by 4 goals since his return. Previous biggest losses were 3-0 & 3-1.
  • Bubbles ,heard it was a hamstring ,don't know if that's right
  • edited March 2023
    We were dreadful. It is worth noting Brighton were excellent. What a side they are.

First half we could’ve easily gone in 1-1 (although they were the better side). Areola had nothing to do but the penalty & Bowen should’ve scored his 1v1. Our tactic was to press their defence with our front five (all but Rice) & turnover the ball in their half, the issue was they are such a good & accomplished passing side that they got through that press time after time.

Second half was just a no show, once it went 2-0 the game was done.
  • edited March 2023
    Lukerz said:

....once it went 2-0 the game was done.

It was as if the players felt that too.

• I don’t mind losing away at Brighton. They’re chasing the top 5. They have beat many sides this season convincingly, including Chelsea, Liverpool, Leicester & Everton.

Moyes got the gameplan completely wrong &, regardless, the players failed to execute it.
  • edited March 2023
    Lukerz said:

I don’t mind losing away at Brighton. They’re chasing the top 5. They have beat many sides this season convincingly, including Chelsea, Liverpool, Leicester & Everton.

Moyes got the gameplan completely wrong &, regardless, the players failed to execute it.

Yeh, I agree Brighton are decent, but to bring up Everton and Leicester, not worth mentioning as they are also having a mare.....but what about the rest of the rubbish he and the players have given us performance /results wise, not just this season but for over the last half of last season as well..Something IMO is drastically wrong....
  • We didnt just lose to Brighton we were humiliated. It was an embarrassing afternoon.
  • I think that was the first time yesterday I thought ‘hmm, something doesn’t seem right’.
  • I think the chief reason we havent got battered score wise in a while is because of the way Moyes sets up (as in not to win but to try and not lose). That doesnt mean, non score wise, that we havent been outplayed plenty of times
  • Bazshuayi said:

Moyes sets up (as in not to win but to try and not lose)

That plan obviously didn't work against Forest last weekend...
  • Hamstew said:

Rice's interview wasn't great imo

What did he say?
  • edited March 2023

Hamstew said:

Rice's interview wasn't great imo

What did he say?
    Tbh I may have been a bit harsh but it's the end bit about people's opinions but he could have been talking about the media rather than fans etc. Here is the interview.
  • Sure Moyes said something about being unhappy that the. Game was not moved to Sunday ,words to the effect that we would just have to get on with it .if that was the case could it have got into the players heads
  • It's not my fault I'm Mr. Hindsight, Astro keep delaying Hammers matches. And then I went into shock because the team WAS as bad as the WHU 606 comments said they were. It was like looking at a play where the actors had all got stage fright and nobody wanted to speak the next line. And the Director was reading a different play. The cast and audience were equally embarrassed. ☹
  • It was a bit like the goes wrong plays except I would hope they weren’t deliberately trying to make it go wrong. Having said that, on Saturday if they had tried to get it wrong they’d have messed up and probably won.
  • Taken from BBC txt -

'Tottenham have to score, or our season is over. So Conte takes off Kulu and brings on Sanchez, he’s a stubborn dinosaur taking this club nowhere. Losing this tie and him being sacked is such a blessing.'

Sounds familiar 😂
  • edited March 2023
    Just the first line is bad enough! In forth. I so hope they bomb and Liverpool, Newcastle Brighton all jump in front of them
  • edited March 2023
    Bazshuayi said:

Just the first line is bad enough! In forth. I so hope they bomb and Liverpool, Newcastle Brighton all jump in front of them

In that particular order ??!!?? 🤣😉🤣
  • Liverpool and ummm, errr Brighton then Newcastle.

The order is immaterial, Liverpool will get 4th still even after messing about for most of the season (apart from vs Bournemouth and Man Utd)