Brighton v West Ham. Sat 4th March 3pm.

Comments

• See alderz as like the Viggo Mortensen character in the film A History of Violence. All nice until someone upsets him hahaha
  • Don’t diss his stats man
  • Ravel49 said:

Don’t diss his stats man

You mean alderz has a man to do his stats? I'm so disappointed. 😱
  • IronHerb said:

Ravel49 said:

Don’t diss his stats man

You mean alderz has a man to do his stats?
    In which case, don't diss his stats man man.

• Looks like a few more of you want to make my list
  • Now you're starting to sound like Ayra Stark! Hahaha
  • Brawlderz
  • alderz said:

Looks like a few more of you want to make my list

• Not that I like to stir things up but I'm siding with Rav. If we actually get 100M for Rice I'd be over the moon (until we spend it on Titi Camara and Rigobert Song's sons of course)
  • Also with the Maguire, McTominay and Martial rumours again in the gossip pages (aparently we are desiring all three). We'll probably get Maguire and McTominay (Martial will sulk and go abroad instead of coming to us) for Rice
  • On their wages?? Would cause trouble in the squad. I'm hoping it's cheap rumours...
  • In the summer Brighton received £96m for Cucurella. Bissouma and Maupay but only spent £25m on Estupinam and Gilmour.

In January they sold Trossard for another £21m but instead of splashing out on a replacement they stuck with the players they already had and promoted CF Evan Ferguson from the U21s (4 goals in 10 appearances since Christmas)

Despite the lack of transfer activity they're 8th with 3 games in hand and are almost guaranteed a place in the FA Cup semis.

I'd be happy with a draw...
  • Despite finishing a combined 12 places higher than Brighton over the last 2 seasons, we've only taken 3 points from our last 5 matches including losing at home at the start of this season. Any point would be a bonus, a win would really be one against the head.
  • It’s one of those fixture days that really twist your melon when you hope that Arsenal,Chelsea and Tottenham all win.
  • I think a draw seems to be where the smart money is going on this one. Brighton will have over 65% of the ball, we will sit back in a shape & try & play on the counter. Ings got a couple of goals against them for Villa earlier in the season. They are a very good side & no wins in 11 tells you all you need to know.
  • Means we’re due a win. ⚒
  • I hope we aim for three points. Giving them the initiative and hoping for one point will not work. (Please quote me on that later, Mrs G) 😉
  • edited March 2023
    I have a feeling we’re going to win, so I’ve put £1 on us losing because anytime I think we’re going to do well we don’t….

But I never win at betting, so that means I’ll lose the bet. So we’ll win. Which makes me confident which means we won’t win.
  • For once i think we will win this .
  • This semi positivity is worrying me now.
  • alderz said:

I have a feeling we’re going to win, so I’ve put £1 on us losing because anytime I think we’re going to do well we don’t….

But I never win at betting, so that means I’ll lose the bet. So we’ll win. Which makes me confident which means we won’t win.

My head hurts 😵😵😵
  • I was strangely confident ahead of the Forest game. My usual pessimism has returned for this one. I mean, it's Brighton. We never beat Brighton. Plus this season Brighton are actually good.

3-0
  • Areola, Johnson, Aguerd, Ogbonna, Emerson, Rice ©, Souček, Paquetá, Bowen, Ings, Benrahma
    Subs: Anang (GK), Hegyi (GK), Downes, Cresswell, Fornals, Zouma, Lanzini, Scamacca
  • edited March 2023
    No Antonio according to OS, and 2 keepers on an 8 man bench.
    Good to see Zouma back on the bench though.
  • Antonio not even on the bench
  • Six outfield players in the bench. Just disband the youth teams.
  • So no Fabianski, Kehrer, Coufal or Antonio.
  • Lukerz said:

So no Fabianski, Kehrer, Coufal or Antonio.

Coufal and Fabianski are no surprise, but I've not seen mention of an issue for Antonio or Kehrer.

Very light bench tbh.
  • Moyes did refer to some ‘knocks’ from midweek, but Kehrer didn’t play & trained yesterday.
  • That side is going to need to cover some miles today.