West Ham vs Everton (H) Saturday 21st Jan

Comments

• What I love about Aguerd, is every ball he plays is forward.
  • Hamstew said:

I thought Paqueta was good enough today. Much better than Soucek has been and didn't give the ball away.

That’s my point though,he’s been good in that semi defensive role but I just think he’s more creative than that and could offer much more playing further forward.

Ooh, look at me getting all technical, must be catching.😉

• That's a fair view. Personally I like him with Rice and someone in front as he seems to have a good eye for players making runs etc.
  • I think it was a help that Emerson and not Cresswell was playing today.
  • I don’t mean playing up front, more in an advanced midfield role.

* I’m going for my coaching badges next week.
  • Then sacked in the morning...
  • Slacker said:

I don’t mean playing up front, more in an advanced midfield role.

* I’m going for my coaching badges next week.

I know mate 👍
  • edited January 2023
    Hamstew said:

That's a fair view. Personally I like him with Rice and someone in front as he seems to have a good eye for players making runs etc.

A front 6 along these sort of lines?

..............Rice............Paqueta...........
    Bowen........Benrahma........Cornet
    .........................CF..............................
  • Was so happy i forgot to pick my wife up from our daughter.Needless to say that was not the greatest of phone calls ........Still we won thats what really matters
  • I would expect Lampard to be gone tomorrow or Monday, I think he is not cut out for management. I think Richarlison saved him from relegation last season and they will go down for sure this time should they keep him. The defeat today could have served Everton better than the three points if it brings decisive action from the board.

• The back three gave me palpitations. They all wince and limp after every tackle, and I'm thinking 'where is Dawson??' With Cresswell or Kehrer the backup options. It's not right to stress someone of my age 😉
  • That says it all about Everton

Bill Kenwright has been chairmen for donkeys still there while the rest of the board have sloped off

A man who loves his club rather than in it for the money

But he's the problem isn't he?
  • edited January 2023

So probably one of the biggest games for both clubs this season.

Not sure this deserves a write up as we know both teams need a win to stay afloat. A loss probably means someone is getting sacked.

Wanted to do the Match Thread for both Moyes and Lampard getting sacked after a draw / loss.

What to expect:

1) A poor game of football. - ❎
    2) Chants from all stands of "you're not to fit to where the shirt." - ❎
    3) A toxic atmosphere from both sets of supporters. - ❎
    4) Chants of "you're getting sacked in the morning." - ❎
    5) Booing. - ❎
    6) Possible fighting in the stands. - ❎
    7) A high percentage chance of someone running onto the pitch in protest. - ❎

All in all, all wrong. 🤷‍♂️
  • edited January 2023

Hamstew said:

That's a fair view. Personally I like him with Rice and someone in front as he seems to have a good eye for players making runs etc.

A front 6 along these sort of lines?

..............Rice............Paqueta...........
    Bowen........Benrahma........Cornet
    .........................CF..............................
    I’ve certainly seen enough to know he can handle himself physically as a CM. He’s going to lack that defensive awareness with tracking players. It’s whether that will be too risky playing a back four. You will get away with it more often in a back five.
  • I'm pretty sure Gary Lineker mispronounced West Ham in his link to close MOTD
  • First on MOTD.

MrsG faints.
  • I prefer Paqueta in CM for now. I don’t think he’s got to the pace of the PL and learnt to play with enough composure there yet. If we had a fluid counterattack he might work in that position but I feel he was rushing and trying to force things too much when he played further forward. In CM he slots more into the team as a whole and can keep to more simple tasks. Maybe over time he’ll adapt and can go further forward. I also think for now he’s better than Soucek at CM and it allows more of our best attacking players to be involved.
  • Obviously in part because it's been our best performance as a team for a while, but Paqueta definitely had one of his better if not his best game for us yesterday imo.
  • Depressing the number of so called WHU supporters on Twitter, etc. saying "it was only Everton" and Moyes should be sacked anyway

You can nevet be a "supporter" and want you're team to lose
  • ASLEF, I would never want West Ham to lose a game, & I know it's only my opinion, but I have seen the opposite comments indicating that all is great and there is nothing to worry about without looking at our next three fixtures which could possible put us back in the bottom 3. Yes it was only Everton who are in a mess. =)
  • But they are not the games that count Fortune. Any points gleaned from them is a bit of a bonus. Most teams in the lower reaches will struggle to get points in those games but it's only West Ham who must get some points out of them.
  • Depressing the number of so called WHU supporters on Twitter, etc. saying "it was only Everton" and Moyes should be sacked anyway

You can be happy with the win and still want the manager gone. One swallow, and all that.

A win is a win, but it was against a dreadful side. Granted, you can only play what's in front of you, and I'm glad we didn't bottle it, but it doesn't change my mind on Moyes. Big three games up next in the league for him now.
  • edited January 2023
    I am pleased Moyes has bought himself some more time and I hope he makes good use of it.

The only time I would ever want us to lose is within one very specific scenario. The last match of the season and we play the only side Spurs can reach to avoid relegation, Spurs are winning their match 3-0 and we are drawing 0-0 with their relegation rivals. I then want a blatant penalty given against us in the last minute and I want our keeper to make as little attempt to save it as possible.

I doubt I would be alone - even a somewhat carnival atmosphere may be in that stadium at that point.

I know exactly what you mean mate, it got to the point where those muppets were getting me so riled up that I just stopped reading them.It’s nowhere near as bad on here, at least we can have a bit of a laugh about things( most of the time 😉).

• Lamps has gone
  • I think it was inevitable after the weekend. Everton were really terrible and i could not see where points were going to come from with Lampard in charge.

I think he and Moyes were in the same position regard results and performances but the one question that it was possible to answer differently was could we attract better at present. I think Dyche , Nuno etc will better than Lampard whilst not necessarily better than Moyes. I am not sure if they can tempt him but Kompany is where they should look and I think he will have them out of trouble in no time, sadly for us.
  • Bielsa the bookies favourite.

Will be interesting to see what happens. They have nearly two weeks before their next league game so if they move quickly whoever takes over has got a bit of time with the squad.

Arsenal next for them; new manager bounce could be a big boost.
  • Why on earth would Kompany leave Burnley, who are all but promoted, for Everton and their dysfunctional board?
  • edited January 2023
    I am not saying he would but they should try and tempt him. If you wanted a possible reason maybe because he felt he could keep them up and may then be in a club with better longer term prospects and better funding than Burnley could offer him.

I think they will end up with Dyche on short term contract.
  • I am not saying he would but they should try and tempt him. If you wanted a possible reason maybe because he felt he could keep them up and may then be in a club with better longer term prospects and better funding than Burnley could offer him.

I suspect he'd still get better opportunities than Burnley in the near future anyway, without the risk of taking over a club in Everton's position or with their board.