West Ham vs Everton (H) Saturday 21st Jan

Comments

• Not quite

Lingard joined Friday 29th January
    Wasn't in the squad for Liverpool home Sunday 31 January
    Started Villa away Wednesday 3rd February
  • I think that was because he signed after midday Friday.
  • Probably but Lingard got at least two days training with the team before he played
  • Probably but Lingard got at least two days training with the team before he played

Personally think players at this level should be able to cope/ adapt, if not ideal agreeably.. IMO play him from the start, give the fans what they want to see
  • Feel a bit sorry for Antonio, I thought he put in a shift and did ok against Wolves.
  • Ings knows where to be, it's a case of us finding him. He must start. We can't waste an hour with Antonio doing little or nothing.
  • Ings doesn’t need time with the squad. His job is based on movement & being clinical. He doesn’t need time with anybody else to understand how he does that. Whether Benrahma, Bowen, Paqueta will find him is another matter.
  • Fabianski
    Coufal - Zouma - Aguerd - Cresswell
    Lanzini - Rice
    Paqueta
    Bowen - Ings - Benrahma.
    This would be my starting 11, but fully expect to see either Soucek or Fornals replacing Lanzini and Antonio for Ings…
  • I’d love it if Antonio starts and bangs in a hat trick.

I can dream.
  • edited January 2023
    Looks as though Ings has at least had one training session here:

https://www.whufc.com/news/watch-ings-joins-hammers-training-ahead-everton

https://www.whufc.com/news/pictures-happy-hammers-hard-work-ahead-everton-test

Johnson included in a couple of the photos, in line for a start today?
  • edited January 2023
    Amazing comment from a BBC Sport article on Everton:
    It has resulted in a Frankenstein's monster of a squad - the starting 11 in the 2-1 home defeat by Southampton featuring players acquired by six different managers.

Full article https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/64340549
  • edited January 2023
    @Slacker, I reckon we all would. Antonio needs to rediscover his scoring form from the beginning of last season.
  • There’s an argument to give Johnson a go at LB
  • 5 at the back again I'm hearing lol.
  • Lukerz said:

There’s an argument to give Johnson a go at LB

Yeah, Cresswell has had enough chances, and Kehrer was tried ahead of Emerson (why did we buy him?) so I mentioned a week or two ago that even Johnson is a better option than Cresswell.
  • Fabiański, Coufal, Zouma, Ogbonna, Aguerd, Emerson, Rice (c), Paquetá, Benrahma, Bowen, Antonio
    Subs: Areola (GK), Johnson, Cresswell, Fornals, Lanzini, Downes, Ings, Kehrer, Souček

• 3 at the back, Ings on the bench.
  • If Zouma starts, we should not be playing 5 at the back. Maybe Ogbonna will drop in at left back pushing Emerson forward.
  • Playing with wing backs is, to me, a bit of a show of faith in Emerson. He can be a really dangerous player but he’s not shown it for us yet.
  • No Fornals is, to me, a joke
  • Lukerz said:

No Fornals is, to me, a joke

Why? He hasn't exactly been playing well, would have liked to have seen Lanzini with Paqueta, some South American combo.....anyhow, we all have our own thoughts, so fair enough....
  • Lukerz said:

No Fornals is, to me, a joke

Why? He hasn't exactly been playing well, would have liked to have seen Lanzini with Paqueta, some South American combo.....anyhow, we all have our own thoughts, so fair enough....
    Lanzini for Rice?
  • Fabianski
    Coufal - Zouma - Aguerd - Cresswell
    Lanzini - Rice
    Paqueta
    Bowen - Ings - Benrahma.
    This would be my starting 11, but fully expect to see either Soucek or Fornals replacing Lanzini and Antonio for Ings…

Hamstew, this was what I'd have liked to have seen as my earlier post.....
  • Gotcha 👍
  • So if we're being generous to Moyes, it's an attacking 3-4-3 with the wingbacks pushed up.

But I can't help but think it's a 'don't lose at any cost' 5-4-1.
  • Big, Big game.
    COYI
  • Huge game for both clubs, the first goal could be so, so important.
  • Oh. Tony Gale on comms.

Can I offer it up for 3 points.
  • Happy with our start, we look comfortable and a couple of better first touches from Bowen would have produced decent opportunities
  • Need to get the ball to Benny, for me he is the one most likely to create something