West Ham vs Everton (H) Saturday 21st Jan

Comments

• Ings signed ahead of noon today deadline so should be available.
  • So does Moyes start ings or Antonio
  • Antonio for me. Ings wont have even trained. He’s a better option off the bench than nobody, but for me he has to start on the bench
  • Is he cup tied looking ahead to next week,ings that is not Antonio
  • Ings is cup tied. Anyway we can play Divin Mubama v Derby can't we?
  • I'd put Ings, Mubama and Marshall above Antonio for selection tomorrow.
  • Hmm, from Moyes's presser, wonder just how bad Scamacca's knee is if we've moved this quick to bring someone in:

"Gianluca has a bit of a knee injury which will keep him out for a short time, so at the moment I only have Micky and Danny as out and out forwards, Jarrod who can fill in as well"
  • But if Bowen plays as a striker, who's playing right wing?
  • edited January 2023
    Antonio?
    With Stranger Ings impact sub
  • Ravel49 said:

Antonio?
    With Stranger Ings impact sub

I'm assuming Bowen only plays as a striker if Antonio is benched/sold.

We need another option on the wing if Cornet is out for the long haul, IMO.
  • 20 minutes in-“ Why hasn’t Ings scored yet?What a waste of money, he’s so dozy.”
  • edited January 2023
    Fabianski
    Coufal - Zouma - Aguerd - Cresswell
    Fornals - Rice - Paqueta
    Bowen - Ings - Benrahma

Areola, Kehrer, Ogbonna, Johnson, Emerson, Downes, Soucek, Lanzini, Antonio
  • 20 minutes is far too generous. I'll be Ings you're not fit to wear the shirt after about 10 minutes

Seriously though, I like Ings. He held up Southampton when he was there and if he doesnt score consistently here its because we aren't laying chances on for him
  • Fair point Baz but shirley we need a new scapegoat? We can’t just keep on relying on Antonio for that role? We must keep that good old negativity vibe burning.
  • Ings has to start this, no question
  • Lukerz said:

Ings has to start this, no question

I agree but he’s only had a day with the squad for them to work out where he wants the ball etc. But hey, why not?
  • Lukerz said:

Fabianski
    Coufal - Zouma - Aguerd - Cresswell
    Fornals - Rice - Paqueta
    Bowen - Ings - Benrahma

Emerson > Cresswell please
  • edited January 2023
    I think Emerson can only play if Fornals plays LM. Emerson & Benrahma down the left…not sure.
  • @Slacker, No Antonio as a scapegoat is fine isn’t it?
  • Lukerz said:

I think Emerson can only play if Fornals plays LM. Emerson & Benrahma down the left…not sure.

To be fair, at the minute it’s anyone down the left… not sure.
  • For me,

Areola; Coufal Zouma Aguerd Emerson; Rice; Soucek Paqueta; Bowen Benrahma; Antonio
  • Areola Coufal Zouma Aguerd Emerson Rice Lanzini Paqueta. Antonio Ings Benrahma
  • I just can’t see how someone who has had maximum one session with the players can start
  • He is match fit, keen to impress and can have an instant impact, worth a try, what’s the alternative?
  • For me, it’s last chance for Antonio to stake a claim for the starting spot, then Ings on for the last half hour.
  • So... You've been playing football since you were a kid. You know how to play and over your time in the prem you know where you like the ball ideally (to feet. in behind, over the top etc etc). All you've got to do is tell the rest of the team how you like it and then they can try to do it for you, simple? Moyes not out? Well lets not get carried away
  • Personally if Ings isn't going to start I'd swap Bowen and Antonio over. He doesn't look anything like scoring but he can at least run at players. I'd trust Bowen to put a chance away over Antonio.
  • edited January 2023
    Can't see Moyes starting Ings tbh, Antonio will start, if he's dreadful we might see Ings on after 45 mins, if not then he'll probably get the last half an hour.

Can see Antonio's dolly going right out of the pram if Ings starts ahead of him after being at the club for barely a day.
  • He has to start, Antonio has had his chances. He has lost the shirt and now has to win it back.
  • When we signed Lingard in loan, he started virtually the next day.