Autumnal Transfer Speculation, aka Declan Rice Transfer Rumour Bingo

Comments

• Ravel49 said:

Borussia Dortmund will not sell West Ham and Leeds target Raphael Guerreiro, 28, before the Portugal international's contract runs out at the end of the season. (Bild - in German)

I really like Raphael Guerreiro. He’s brilliant going forward, but not a great defender. He’s like Masuaku or Emerson, but another level going forward
  • Def an upgrade
  • Liverpool will be monitoring Declan Rice's performances for England at the World Cup before a possible summer bid for the 23-year-old West Ham United midfielder. (Football Insider)

Chelsea are interested in signing West Ham's Declan Rice, 23, and Borussia Dortmund's Jude Bellingham, 19, but could have to pay up to £280m to land the England midfielders in the summer. (Express)
  • edited November 2022
    I think it's inevitable that he leaves in the summer but happy to say after the saddening departures of Payet and Autonovic that this has been to date a perfect example of how business should be done.

He has been subject to interest for two years now and has never pushed for a move and given 100% throughout. I think he is a rare player that just loves football so much that if he had to play tomorrow for a non league side for £50 a game he would still play with the same intensity, he just wants to play and win.

The club could have cashed in this summer but kept him in the hope he could lead us to better things and also invested in quality players to play alongside him, I can't fault them on that. It's not good for the club to allow him to leave for nothing in two years' time or a much reduced fee with a year to run, so sadly this summer is the time for him to leave if he is not signing a new contract.

I hope he will lift a world cup before he leaves, the second West Ham player to do so.
  • edited November 2022
    I think he's nailed on to leave in the summer as well. Had we had an exceptional season (top 6 and threatening top 4) and won the ECL I think there's a chance he might have signed a new contract, especially given the intent shown by the board with the transfers over the summer.

However, we'll struggle to make top 8 now given the start we've had and even if we win the ECL, it's really only the equivalent of Europe's Johnstone's Paint Trophy (Papa Johns is it now?) and so I don't think it will be enough to make him sign a new contract and I'm resigned to him leaving in the summer.

Could be interesting if, as seems likely, both he and Bellingham are available in the summer; 2 young English £100m+ centre midfielders looking for new homes.
  • edited November 2022
    Ronaldo to leave Man U with immediate effect 👋
  • edited November 2022
    With no restriction on where he plays next.

Just sayin' :silenced: :no_mouth:
  • Ronaldo to leave Man U with immediate effect 👋

MrsGrey said:

With no restriction on where he plays next.

Just sayin' :silenced: :no_mouth:

Notts Forest it is then =)
  • I don't think we are getting 100m+ for Rice
  • Daily Telegraph

Jude Bellingham and Declan Rice will be at the centre of bidding wars between the likes of Real Madrid, Liverpool, Manchester United, Chelsea and Manchester City.

*seems I will be posting this daily 🫠
  • Please don’t.
  • edited November 2022

I don't think we are getting 100m+ for Rice

I don’t either, but I also think that £70m in the summer isn’t enough to sell him. I think it’s a case of £100m+ in the summer, or keep him another year and sell him for £40m with a year left on his deal, personally.

EDIT: to add, the longer we hold out the more time there is to convince him to stay. If we sell him in July that’s it. If we keep him for another year - or even til the end of his deal - we have another year or two to grow into the club he wants us to be.
  • We can extend Rice's contract next summer by taking up the option.
  • We're not convincing him to stay, unless we are pushing champions league, because the club he goes to next will be a club in the Champions League or has decent pedigree for it.

I think he has played a blinder on his part, contract runs out when he turns 25 hitting his peak years, get a nice transfer to a top club get a 5 / 6 year deal to take him to 30 / 31 then he has the chance to extend or grab a last 3 / 4 year contract offer going into the twilight of his career.

i think we may get around 70 - 80m for him max and there might be a sweetner elsewhere i.e. (not in part exchange) but a separate cheaper deal for someone like a Broja or Gallagher etc if it was someone like Chelsea etc.
  • edited November 2022
    alderz said:

I don't think we are getting 100m+ for Rice

I don’t either, but I also think that £70m in the summer isn’t enough to sell him. I think it’s a case of £100m+ in the summer, or keep him another year and sell him for £40m with a year left on his deal, personally.

EDIT: to add, the longer we hold out the more time there is to convince him to stay. If we sell him in July that’s it. If we keep him for another year - or even til the end of his deal - we have another year or two to grow into the club he wants us to be.
    Especially with the emergence of Newcastle and the resurgence of Arsenal this season, I can't see us getting close to the CL places in the next 2 seasons tbh, let alone being in a title race. Anything less than that won't be enough to keep him here imo.

I can certainly see your logic, but I just can't see us making the progress required. A really good second half of the season with another good summer transfer window and you could almost justify letting him run his contract down to a year, but I can't see much being spent unless a sale goes through by June.

I think we can get upwards of £80m for him, but it could be influenced by how much Bellingham, who is younger and arguably a more complete all round midfielder already, goes for.
  • but I can't see much being spent unless a sale goes through by June.

By that I mean a sale of the club.
  • Ravel49 said:

Daily Telegraph

Jude Bellingham and Declan Rice will be at the centre of bidding wars between the likes of Real Madrid, Liverpool, Manchester United, Chelsea and Manchester City.

*seems I will be posting this daily 🫠

I believe Man Utd will bid 250M and get both Bellingham and Rice. The only issue being that after they've paid in advance, Jude Rice and Declan Bellingham show up for training. There's always hope...
  • I think he's nailed on to leave in the summer as well. Had we had an exceptional season (top 6 and threatening top 4) and won the ECL I think there's a chance he might have signed a new contract, especially given the intent shown by the board with the transfers over the summer.

However, we'll struggle to make top 8 now given the start we've had and even if we win the ECL, it's really only the equivalent of Europe's Johnstone's Paint Trophy (Papa Johns is it now?) and so I don't think it will be enough to make him sign a new contract and I'm resigned to him leaving in the summer.

Could be interesting if, as seems likely, both he and Bellingham are available in the summer; 2 young English £100m+ centre midfielders looking for new homes.

Simple. We sell Declan and use the money to buy Bellingham
  • 🤪

West Ham expect to lose England midfielder Declan Rice, 23, to a Champions League club next year, regardless of what the Hammers achieve this season. (Football Insider)

• Ravel49 said:

🤪

West Ham expect to lose England midfielder Declan Rice, 23, to a Champions League club next year, regardless of what the Hammers achieve this season. (Football Insider)

You missed one!

Real Madrid boss Carlo Ancelotti wanted the Spanish club to sign Rice, but they brought in France midfielder Aurelien Tchouameni, 22, from Monaco instead. (El Nacional - in Catalan)
  • I’m gonna rename this thread “Autumnal Transfer Speculation, aka Declan Rice Transfer Rumour Bingo”
  • I will start the Bingo.

It doesn't matter who bids he only wants to join his best mate Mason Mount at Chelsea.
  • My days nearly a Robbie Keane moment 🙈
  • The BBC gossip column appears to be faulty at the moment as there are no #ricerumours

I will report back later 🕵️‍♂️
  • Day 2 of no #ricerumours

However

West Ham are willing to sell 30-year-old Czech Republic full-back Vladimir Coufal in January and will accept offers of £6m. (Football Insider)

• Sky Sports Germany linked Coufal with a move to Bayer Leverkusen a few weeks ago
  • Normal service resumed

Bayern Munich have joined the race to sign West Ham and England midfielder Declan Rice, 23. (El Nacional, via Fichajes - in Spanish)

&

West Ham and Everton have joined the chase for the signature of 18-year-old Colombia winger Jhon Duran from Chicago Fire, but Liverpool and Manchester United are also interested. (Sun)

Leeds United, Everton, West Ham and Leicester City are among the clubs keen on Senegal forward Boulaye Dia. The 26-year-old is currently on loan at Salernitana from Villarreal. (CBS)
  • Only 30 odd sleeps ‘til the window opens!🎉🎉
This discussion has been closed.