Autumnal Transfer Speculation, aka Declan Rice Transfer Rumour Bingo

Comments

• The golden age of sport journalism.
  • He does want to leave to go back up north, not because he’s lost his place. Football Insider is the worst news outlet.
  • Football Insider are brilliant. Dawson wanted out in the summer and hasn't played much due to injury. Other than that they're spot on.
  • West Ham's English defender Craig Dawson, who almost joined Wolves this summer, wants to leave the Hammers in January. The 32-year-old's contract runs out next summer. (Football Insider)
  • I’d like to think they have picked some random users tweet

Messi will decide on his future after the World Cup and will not leave PSG in January even if he decides not to sign a new contract. (Ben Jacobs - Twitter)

• Nottingham Forest, Tottenham, West Ham and Marseille are ready to rekindle their interest in Atalanta and Ukraine midfielder Ruslan Malinovskyi, 29. (Calciomercato - in Italian)
  • Was thinking the other day about all the excitement about clubs buying new players. When we see that certain clubs, us included, are signing shiney new players with big reputations we all get revved up and can’t wait to see them playing for our respective clubs.
    But when they do start playing how many actually live up to the rep?
    There are obvious examples who do, Haaland and Payet are two off the top of my head but the majority just seem to slot in and things carry on pretty much as before.
    Just my ramblings.
  • @Slacker, A bit like Newcastle. 😉
  • I think Kieran Trippier signing for Newcastle has been fantastic for them both on and off the pitch.
    Great captain, offers attacking threat, great on set pieces. All for £12m
    First choice RB for me for England 👍🏻
  • Ravel49 said:

I think Kieran Trippier signing for Newcastle has been fantastic for them both on and off the pitch.
    Great captain, offers attacking threat, great on set pieces. All for £12m
    First choice RB for me for England 👍🏻

I think Reece James is my first choice England RB, but I think Trippier is streets ahead of the likes of Trent, personally.
  • Yeah I’m not sure Reece is gonna be fit.
    Probably offers more attacking wise tbf tho.
  • West Ham are keeping tabs on Middlesbrough's Isaiah Jones, with the 23-year-old England wing-back also attracting interest from Crystal Palace. (GiveMeSport)
  • Go to bed!
  • Did we really need a Cresswell replacement last summer?

• Yeah. Up until that Zouma header, I was wondering whether the number of decent crosses he's put in this season is in double figures (or near).
  • West Ham, Nottingham Forest and Leeds are interested in signing 25-year-old Senegal forward Boulaye Dia, who is on loan in Serie A at Salernitana from Spanish side Villarreal. (Gazzetta dello Sport - in Italian, subscription required)
  • I automatically add Forest into any transfer rumour. You know they want him even if there's zero chance of getting him...
  • West Ham United have joined Southampton, Leicester City and Brentford in tracking Brazil winger Tete, 22, who is on loan at Lyon from Shakhtar Donetsk. (Sun)
  • West Ham are plotting a January move for Blackburn Rovers and Chile forward Ben Brereton Diaz, 23. (Football Insider)
  • Ravel49 said:

West Ham are plotting a January move for Blackburn Rovers and Chile forward Ben Brereton Diaz, 23. (Football Insider)

Again?
  • The plot thickens..
  • Sky Germany reporting that Leverkusen will travel to London this week to open talks with Coufal over a January move.

Love the guy, but I do think he's peaked as a PL player, so I wouldn't be against the move necessarily. Kehrer and Johnson seem to be ahead of him at the moment, and with Ashby back he may find himself struggling to even make the bench.
  • Funny how after his brilliant first 12 months he demanded a new contract, then a lot of our fans blasted the club for not accepting his demands

We finally renewed his contract in October 2021 (to 2024 with an additional year) and arguably he's been out of form ever since, he's regressed massively and I wouldn't mind him going

Hopefully it's for a replacement as neither Kehrer or Johnson are showing they are good enough
  • Funny how after his brilliant first 12 months he demanded a new contract, then a lot of our fans blasted the club for not accepting his demands

We finally renewed his contract in October 2021 (to 2024 with an additional year) and arguably he's been out of form ever since, he's regressed massively and I wouldn't mind him going

Hopefully it's for a replacement as neither Kehrer or Johnson are showing they are good enough

We were supposedly close to signing Ola Aina from Torino late in the summer window, and it has been mooted that we might go back in for him in January.

Primarily a full back, he has played plenty of games at wing-back on both sides, so on paper would be a good signing; good age, home-grown, EFL experience and a full international for Nigeria.

Or we promote Ashby to the first-team squad to head-off Newcastle's alleged interest. He captained the U21s last night so hopefully he'll have a role to play for us yet.
  • I think this window will quite quiet for most clubs tbh
    With the amount clubs spent in the Summer I just don’t see that happening again.
  • We finally renewed his contract in October 2021 (to 2024 with an additional year) and arguably he's been out of form ever since, he's regressed massively and I wouldn't mind him going

Slightly harsh as he played a chunk of last season carrying an injury, and then had to rehab.

Unfortunately though, he doesn't seem to have come back quite the player he was (especially offensively), so yes, I wouldn't be averse to letting him go.
  • That would be hilarious and actually wouldn't surprise me. Also, Lingard coming here and being anonymous on the field would not surprise me either...
  • The thing is, as we're not doing very well atm, you can easily see Moyes thinking he'll get Lingard to repeat his purple patch from last time he was here. If we were playing better then surely even Moyes wouldn't be tempted, but given our current PL form you can really see it happening.
This discussion has been closed.