Autumnal Transfer Speculation, aka Declan Rice Transfer Rumour Bingo

Comments

• buffy, The key factor in him being a success when on loan with us is the way we were allowed to counter attack teams at pace something we aren't doing very well atm due to the way opposition sides are setting up to stop us. So would he be able to repeat his purple patch, probably not IMHO.
  • Theres no way we even entertain Jesse Lingard ever, he is done.
  • edited November 2022

buffy, The key factor in him being a success when on loan with us is the way we were allowed to counter attack teams at pace something we aren't doing very well atm due to the way opposition sides are setting up to stop us. So would he be able to repeat his purple patch, probably not IMHO.

I definitely don't think he'll repeat his purple patch; even towards the end of his stay with us his form had gone off the boil somewhat and he's done nothing in the intervening 18 months to suggest he's still got it in him. However, we know Moyes does seem to have blinkers on where some players are concerned, and the point I was making is that it's very plausible that Moyes could think he can get Lingard to repeat it, even if no-one else agrees with him.
  • buffy, Unfortunately I agree as there are a few cases of his favouritism within the current players.
  • Borussia Monchengladbach's Frenchmidfielder Kouadio 'Manu' Kone is a target for West Ham in January. (Bild - in German)
  • Ex on West Ham Way podcast says Harrison Ashby has turned down a new contract and we will look to sell him in January rather than let him leave on a free in the summer

Obviously with Coufal, Johnson and now Kehrer all ahead of him first team opportunities are going to be rare

Celtic, Leeds and Newcastle were linked with him in the summer
  • ASLEF, Some would say Ashby is better than Coufal or Johnson, now waits for the obligatory question of who are "some".
  • ASLEF, Some would say Ashby is better than Coufal or Johnson, now waits for the obligatory question of who are "some".

Or has the potential to be better than them in a year or two?
  • I think it's a bit much to say Ashby's better than anyone, we haven't seen him play much. Maybe he does have the potential but I also think Johnson is really under appreciated. He's had very few poor games and is very reliable as a defender. He has his limits going forward but neither Coufal nor Kehrer have been any better than him. There also aren't many full backs in the league who are good going forward who are as reliable as him defensively.
  • The Harrison Ashby situation is like the one with Sonny Perkins, who is scoring goals for fun @ Leeds for those who haven't heard. The only difference is we are going to try to get a fee before he walks away for free in the Summer & we are left to argue over compensation.
  • The Harrison Ashby situation is like the one with Sonny Perkins, who is scoring goals for fun @ Leeds for those who haven't heard. The only difference is we are going to try to get a fee before he walks away for free in the Summer & we are left to argue over compensation.

In the U23’s. So how has he progressed? The only two players doing well are Longelo and Alise, who just happen to be facing each other tonight, if selected, live on SKY.
  • Longelo is the starting XI but Alese picked up an ankle injury against Blackburn 18th October. Out until after the World Cup
  • @IronHerb, He hasn't had the opportunity to play much for the first team since the summer due to injury & the manager not wanting to take the risk to be tried in Premier League matches which to be fair is not uncommon with a lot of teams unless they have to. He feels or has been told like Perkins that he will get greater opportunities elsewhere. Whenever I have seen him play he has looked a good prospect but I am not paid to make the decision not to pick him am I.
  • You don't 'not pick someone' you pick someone who you feel can do the job. If he leaves then good luck to him but I don't think he will be a massive loss as he is currently fourth in line for the RB spot.
  • Some may not like him but Arsene Wenger "did see it" for a change and said many Premier League managers view it as too big a risk to play younger players over a tried and tested alternative due to the risk involved. IF David Moyes had taken a punt on Sonny Perkins he might just still be with us especially when a bit of squad rotation wouldn't have gone a miss towards the end of last season.
  • edited November 2022
    The end of last season we were hoping that Man Utd would slip up and we could qualify for the Europa League, hardly an ideal time to have try-outs with the kids!

Sonny Perkins only turned 18 in February; he can hardly expect to step into a Premier League starting XI

He had his first senior appearance for Leeds in the League Cup against Wolves on Wednesday, seems to have done well by all reports, lasted 70 minutes, didn't have a shot on goal. Other than that he's not even been on the Leeds bench, just playing for the U21s
  • Leeds are in PL2 Div2 so Perkins has in fact dropped a level.
  • Ironically Leeds U21s got relegated last season although they are currently top of PL2 Div2
  • My man 🙌🏻

• Mental note: always stare into the middle-distance whilst making important work calls.
  • Also, Ex be like:

• Fulham recently made a move for Sao Paulo youngster Luizao. The 20-year-old centre-half is set to join London rivals West Ham instead, however.
  • The return of a Sully special
  • We are also reported to be interested in one of his teammates who can CDM - Pablo Maia.
  • But wait, we'll double your order, just pay shipping and handling
  • En-Nesyri on West Ham radar
    West Ham are interested in signing Sevilla striker Youssef En-Nesyri, reports Fichajes.
    The 25-year-old Morocco international hopes his performances at the forthcoming World Cup give potential suitors a reminder of his ability ahead of the opening of the transfer window in January.
  • Borussia Dortmund will not sell West Ham and Leeds target Raphael Guerreiro, 28, before the Portugal international's contract runs out at the end of the season. (Bild - in German)
  • I’m sure Aguerd can have a word in his ear at the World Cup.
This discussion has been closed.