Couldn't think - from Sept 2022

Comments

• steve said:

It was okay i guess ,The one against spurs was better for a number of reasons =)

The main one being this video imo (goal at 4.41)
  • Is that the greatest video of all time
  • A collapse from England's batsmen this morning, only adding 73 to the overnight total for the last 5 wickets. You'd hope a target of 355 will prove too much for Pakistan, but it is only a day 3 pitch so the surface shouldn't be too bad. Game on.
  • Ham 🤡, I really want to watch Napoli vs Palave this afternoon but it’s only on Palace TV

Can I borrow you login in details please?
  • Craig Bellamy assistant manager at Burnley - well I never 🤷🏻‍♂️
  • On the bright side, our ladies have just beaten Spurs ladies 2-0 away from home 😊
  • steve said:

It was okay i guess ,The one against spurs was better for a number of reasons =)

The main one being this video imo (goal at 4.41)
    I cant recall how many times Ive seen this but it never gets old!
  • Test Match is going to the wire, after getting the nightwatchman out relatively quickly, the next pair made 80 for the 6th wicket, Mark Wood just making the breakthrough. Gotta feel the advantage is with Pakistan, just needing 65 to win now with 4 wickets in hand with Pakistan 290-6 chasing 355.
  • A second quick wicket, 291-7, given after a lengthy umpire review for a clean catch by Pope down the leg-side. Shakeel out for 94 and suddenly we've got 2 men in the middle both on 0. Close game still, but I feel better than I did 10 minutes ago.
  • 310-8, an entertaining but thankfully brief cameo from the debutant with all the wickets (Abrar), Pakistan only need 45 but England now only need 2 wickets.
  • edited December 2022
    Pakistan take a couple of boundaries off Anderson to reduce the target to 36, then Wood strikes with the first ball of the next over, 319-9.
  • All over, England win by 26 runs. Those 2 wickets just before lunch were oh so important.
  • All over, England win by 26 runs. Those 2 wickets just before lunch were oh so important.

Another cracking match (and a much better pitch.) I'd had accepted defeat just to set up a fun decider, I've enjoyed it so much. Nice of them to win over breakfast too!

Two thirds of the wins in Pakistan in my lifetime in the last two weeks.
  • An interesting problem will be deciding on the batting line-up if Bairstow finds any early season form back in the English summer. He was simply outstanding last summer, yet no-one other than Pope wants to play at 3 (and he's done better there than most players who've been tried there recently), Root plays at 4, Stokes is at 5 or 6 to allow Foakes at 7 and 4 bowlers, which means there's only room for one of Bairstow and Brook who seems an exceptional talent. I like having a proper keeper, but I wonder if Foakes might be sacrificed next summer with Bairstow having the gloves (certainly wouldn't be Pope).
  • I think Stokes asked for Foakes to be keeper and his words were “we’ve got the best keeper in the world so why not play him”. He doesn’t favour having a batter as keeper
  • I think Stokes asked for Foakes to be keeper and his words were “we’ve got the best keeper in the world so why not play him”. He doesn’t favour having a batter as keeper

For sure, and in general I agree, I was never a fan of Alec Stewart keeping, certainly in Tests. However, especially against Australia, I can see it happening if Bairstow comes back playing the way he was at the end of the summer and Brook maintains his current form; would be tough to leave either out and having 7 players that could be in the team as batsmen alone might be useful against an Aussie attack we've often struggled against.
  • edited December 2022
    SEVERE WEATHER WARNING

The AA have warned that anyone travelling in icy conditions should take a shovel, blankets/sleeping bag, extra clothing including scarf, hat and gloves, 24 hour supply of food and drink, de-icer, rock salt, torch, spare battery, petrol can, first aid kit and jump leads.

I looked a right twit on the bus!
  • SEVERE WEATHER WARNING

The AA have warned that anyone travelling in icy conditions should take a shovel, blankets/sleeping bag, extra clothing including scarf, hat and gloves, 24 hour supply of food and drink, de-icer, rock salt, torch, spare battery, petrol can, first aid kit and jump leads.

I looked a right twit on the bus!

You must have looked like Bear Grylls. 😂
  • RIP 💔

One of the best set piece takers of all time

• At first look, I thought you talking about Matthew Etherington.
  • Rehan Ahmed has become the youngest man to play Test cricket for England, and has just taken his first Test wicket as well. Congratulations young man 👏👏👏.
  • I heard an extraordinary stat this morning. Jimmy Anderson has taken more international wickets than Rehan Ahmed has lived in weeks.
  • Dodger58 said:

I heard an extraordinary stat this morning. Jimmy Anderson has taken more international wickets than Rehan Ahmed has lived in weeks.

Although Gower misquoted it and said more wickets than the youngster had lived in days 😂🤣😂
  • Gower is a waste of space though. No insight just incessant chatter.
  • IronHerb said:

Gower is a waste of space though. No insight just incessant chatter.

He just tried quoting Monty Python's dead parrot sketch too 😂🤣😂
  • Antonio no where to be seen
  • steve said:

Antonio no where to be seen

Are you Slacker in disguise?
  • Scamacca of injured after 10 minutes. Downes on to replace him.
  • No Zouma, Cresswell, Antonio, Cornet & Scamacca off injured after 12 mins.

Add that to doubts about Aguerd…
This discussion has been closed.