Viborg - UECL - Thursday 18th

Comments

• Quality from Benrahma, & Antonio does score
  • Antonio goal after some great work from Benrahma
  • excellent, subs worked well, maybe being subs motivated them
  • Antonio around the 6-yard box and Benrahma has someone to aim for.
  • 6 shots all on target nice
  • Luvverly
  • edited August 2022
    Benrahma starting this season like he did last season, let's hope he keeps up the form this season 🤞🤞🤞
  • Didn’t realise Kehrer was left footed
  • Didn’t realise Kehrer was left footed

Literally was about to put this
  • Downes on for Coventry
  • I think he’s right
  • On a couple of occasions Ashby has looked less than stella; didn't want to have to say this as kinda hoped for a good game from him.
  • edited August 2022
    Yeah didn’t rate Ashby overly, needs a loan
  • Was hoping for a 3 goal lead, but I suppose 3-1 isn't so bad.
  • Job done tonight, maybe enough for the tie to progress

Not great but scoring 3 goals and getting gametime to the new guys

Scamacca got the goal, that's his job. But he didn't do much else, his link up play wasn't great

Fornals made things happen where Lanzini couldn't

Benrahma was a spark

Cornet looks like he will be a good player for us, got good pace and delivery

Kehrer, imo, looked good in his short cameo

Ashby, Coventry try both solid if not a bit reserved, won't play that much but they can do a job as emergency reserve

Good goal from Bowen but he's still not looking up to it imo

Worried about Soucek, even in a game like this his overall game was so poor

Great seeing Oggy back

Arreola a bit shaky with his distribution, couple stray kicks and long throws

Glad I didn't risk going with the trains the way they are
  • A welcome win but we looked a bit shaky. Two goal cushion helps for the next leg but it will be a tough game. Other than the assist for the goal, Cornet wasn't much in the game.
  • Pleased we won but made hard work of it. 😬 Hopefully we will not be “spurs” with the line up next week otherwise 😡.
  • happy happy joy joy
  • Positives

Ogbonna
    Scamacca goal
    Cornet assist
    Bowen off the mark
    Kehrer
    Benrahma
    Antonio off the mark
  • happy happy joy joy

Ha ha j j for me 🤔🤔🤔😂🤣😂
  • Wasn’t great but at least we won at last.We were a bit flat I thought but there was also flashes of decent football.
    Nowhere near as bad as some seem to think though.
  • Positive... We won
    Negative... We were poor off the ball until the last 5 mins
  • I was about to say the same. Not great but Jeeze, not the end of the world
  • Slacker said:

Wasn’t great but at least we won at last.We were a bit flat I thought but there was also flashes of decent football.
    Nowhere near as bad as some seem to think though.

divorce off Slacker after teagate
  • We didn't blow them away but I'm not too bothered by the performance. A bit tepid but it can be in these games when there's a big gap. The important thing is that we didn't let them take advantage of it. It was a reasonably professional performance with two new players, a DM in his first start, a young RB, an RB at CB, and another RB at LB. (If you can make sense of that). Plus Moyes in the stands.

The only player I'm really disappointed in is Lanzini, who should've had the freedom to express himself the way Fornals and Benrahma did against this kind of opposition but has seemingly loss any kind of bravery in the way he moves the ball on - unless he's coming on as a sub.

Scamacca a bit careless maybe but I think that's also him trying to make a mark and do something impressive. A few passes and flicks that were a little too elaborate but could also have been beautiful if he and the others were more in tune.

Ashby had a few weak points but looked forward thinking. A decent shot and I liked that he played 2 or 3 quite aggressive passes straight down the line to release the winger.

I thought their goal was good as well. Very effective play. Maybe we should be doing better in stopping the cross but the scorer got up really high and is always beating whoever the full back is there.
  • Cornet reminds me of that time we had Victor Moses
  • Can we get back to this side…

Fabianski
    Johnson - Zouma - Ogbonna - Cresswell
    Soucek - Rice
    Bowen - Fornals - Benrahma
    Antonio
  • I would like to add that Coventry was OK. He did his job as a DM and with a bit of guidance would become a better player. It would be better to keep him than sending him on loan where he may or may not get games. At WHU he can play cup games and be part of a squad.
  • I thought Coventry had a tidy game
  • Lukerz, Putting it simply No as that is last season’s team! Kehrer look good when he came on so should be a starter. Scamacca needs to play also. Rotate Benrahma & Cornet if they both maintain a high level. New LB to come in yet plus possibly Vanaken.