Viborg - UECL - Thursday 18th

Comments

• we seem obsessed with passing backwards. why jave we got pacy players if we are not going to use them? lets hope we up the tempo in the second half
  • Just all too slow, been played like a friendly

When your front 3 have barely had the ball something is going on behind them

Soucek, Lanzini and Coventry not really moving it quick enough...nor at the full backs
  • 2 shots at home in the first half against a side of this calibre, with no disrespect, is not good
  • So, my gut feelings from the first half.

Firstly, and although this may not be particularly revelant going forward, but Johnson as RCB and Ashby as RB doesn't look good.

However, the main point is that Lanzini has barely been in the game so far against vastly inferior opposition. We should end up dominating, but not impressed so far by Manu.

I suspect we'll score another couple, but that's the bare minimum I'd expect tbh.
  • Yep I’d be disappointed with anything less than 3-0 but not convinced we’ll get 3
  • So far good to be ahead, but too slow, to many back and sideways passes, not enough pressing. Need a couple of more goals to ensure that we have a healthy lead for the second-leg and always give a couple of youngsters a few minutes on the pitch.

Coventry has done OK, but need more aggression from Lanzini, Bowen, Cornet and Soucek.
  • Fornals on for Lanzini who was poor
  • Is it me or has Bowen lost pace?
  • Lukerz said:

Is it me or has Bowen lost pace?

Tbf I never thought he was the quickest....but he's been outpaced by pretty much every players he's tried to run at this season
  • Obviously you have to consider the level of opposition and how they haven't really pushed us, but Ogbonna is looking ok here...looks far from a shot player tonight

Moving well across the pitch and being aggressive when need be
  • Obviously you have to consider the level of opposition and how they haven't really pushed us, but Ogbonna is looking ok here...looks far from a shot player tonight

He gave away a couple of soft fouls in the first half, so I'm not convinced thus far, unfortunately.

• Kehrer and Benrahma about to come on
  • Rusty.

It's good he's getting game time.
  • Bowen!!!

Class finish from outside the box
  • Kehrer for Oggy
    Bennie for Bowen
    Antonio for Scamacca
  • Lukerz said:

Is it me or has Bowen lost pace?

Are you OCS in disguise?
  • Can't help feeling that was a very soft goal, he never should be scoring from there. Still, it gives us a bit of a cushion, and hopefully we push on from here.
  • Coufal getting out jumped at the back post there
  • They deserve that, we have been so bad
  • Antonio, Benrahma and Kehrer on for Bowen, Scamacca and Ogbonna (I think).
  • Weak goal to give away
  • edited August 2022
    Very frustrating to lose a goal like that, poor defending all round imo (felt like Cresswell was playing 😂🤣😂).
  • how do a pub team score?
  • I fancy them in the second leg based on this. If they go in 2-1 down.
  • This has a real Astra Giurgiu feel about it
  • edited August 2022
    How can that be given by the lino when the earlier foul wasn't?
  • We could be out of europe before the window closes.
  • We could be out of europe before the window closes.

Always look on the bright side of life...
  • Quality from Benrahma there
  • I’ll be glad when 2022 is over. We’ve been very poor the whole of it.