Viborg - UECL - Thursday 18th

Comments

• IronHerb said:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/62575909
    Viborg team news. 2 players won't travel because they can't get visas.

Is that another "Brexit Bonus" as they have both scored in the tournament so far.
  • that headline reminded me to get my Canadian one :)
  • IronHerb said:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/62575909
    Viborg team news. 2 players won't travel because they can't get visas.

That's a shame. Not being able to have players due to suspension or injury is one thing but something totally non-sporting like this feels like it ruins the experience for them a bit.
  • Their nickname is "The Greens"......
  • edited August 2022
    Very sorry to report this morning but the game tonight will end in defeat.
    As some of you may know I have a West Ham “match day “ mug, which has traditionally been used for years. This morning however the divine Mrs S made my early morning cuppa in an ordinary mug so therefore the match tonight is ruined.
    When I asked her why she’d made such a fundamental error she came back with: “ How was I to know that the useless lot are playing in some ( expletive deleted) competition that no ( again expletive) has ever heard of?!”
    Obviously it’s a yellow card but she just shrugged her shoulders and walked off muttering “ Bloomin' football, bloomin' West 'am”.
  • So much negativity Slacker 😜
  • Slacker, Please drop me a personal line if you'd like to be put in touch with a divorce lawyer.
  • She's mugged you right off
  • I’d like to see:

Areola
    Ashby Johnson Kehrer Cornet
    Lanzini Downes Coventry Fornals
    Bowen Okoflex

With Cornet and Fornals alternating positions and covering for each other when the other one attacks.
  • I don’t think this is a game for wholesale changes. For me, it’s best 11 with maybe Scamacca or Cornet getting a start. We need to respect them. Last thing we need is a shock exit & no European football.
  • For me, it's something like this. We show them respect but a few changes to show players like Coufal, Bowen and Antonio that they have competition.

Areola
    Johnson Kehrer Zouma Cresswell
    Soucek Downes
    Cornet Fornals Benrahma
    Scamacca
  • Cresswell suspended, Outcast, so I would say Johnson LB and Ashby RB.
  • Areola
    Coufal Zouma Kehrer Johnson
    Rice Downes
    Bowen Lanzini Cornet
    Scamacca

Hopefully Kehrer is deemed OK to start, the other 3 at the back will have played a fair bit together last season and I guess Kehrer may have played in front of Areola on occasion (or certainly in training) at PSG.

Downes plays to give Rice a chance to get forward (although I do wonder if Moyes is beginning to see the end of that particular experiment in bigger games). Bowen starts for me as he doesn't seem up to speed yet this season, and I think Cornet gets a start here. I suspect Moyes sees Lanzini as a versatile, trusted member of the squad so I can see him being used in games like this.
  • Rice suspended, buffy.
  • Cresswell suspended, Outcast, so I would say Johnson LB and Ashby RB.

Oh, of course. Then Ashby maybe? I want to see Johnson at RB if possible. Coufal's attacking has been no better than his so want to see him get minutes there.
  • I'm looking forward to this game
  • With the suspensions, I would want to see:

Areola; Johnson Zouma Kehrer Cornet; Soucek Downes; Bowen Lanzini Benrahma; Scamacca
  • Rice suspended, buffy.

Of course he is, my bad
  • Was going to go but no trains so that knocked that on the head
  • Out from Shenfield, return to Upminster. All good fun ⚒
  • There are some trains running I have been into London and back from wickford about every 30 mins
  • Saw a few hundred Viborg fans drink at the railway tavern outside Liverpool st
  • There are some trains running I have been into London and back from wickford about every 30 mins

I think that the last train leaves at about half six this evening. Certainly the case on SWR.
  • Ex seems to suggest Oggy may be in squad today
  • Ex suggested team

Areola
    Ashby Coufal Ogbonna Johnson
    Coventry Soucek
    Bowen Lanzini Cornet
    Scamacca

Coufal at CB could be interesting

Hoping Ogbonna looks something like his old self
  • It’s a back 3 then; Coufal - Ogbonna - Johnson

Ashby & Cornet as wing backs
  • edited August 2022
    As Ex predicted

Oggy captain, Kehrer on the bench
  • I suspect it'll be Johnson and Ogbonna as CBs, and Coufal and Ashby as the FBs. With how the team is listed on the OS, I wonder if Ashby is gonna be LB.
  • Coventry's last chance to stake a claim to stay for the rest of the season?