Viborg - UECL - Thursday 18th

Comments

• Bit surprised it's Coventry over Downes but hope he does well. Would've liked to see Johnson at right-back but do also understand Zouma being rested and Kehrer maybe not being ready to go straight into the team.

Good chance for a few players.
  • edited August 2022
    4-0 About time we became massive again =)
  • I would have started Downes but I am sure he will get his chance this evening.
  • edited August 2022
    Downes has a slight toe issue
  • Yeah but he has 9 others, he can manage
  • I suspect it'll be Johnson and Ogbonna as CBs, and Coufal and Ashby as the FBs. With how the team is listed on the OS, I wonder if Ashby is gonna be LB.

Tickertape of the team has Ashby and Coufal swapped to the order on the OS, so could be Ashby at RB and Coufal at LB (which is probably sensible rather than making Ashby swap sides), all assuming that we are playing 4 at the back.
  • Apart from getting the result, I just hope Ogbonna comes through unscathed with some semblance of his previous ability 🤞🤞🤞
  • Looks like a back 4 to me

Fab
    Ashby Johnson Oggy Coufal
    Coventry Soucek
    Bowen Lanzini Cornet
    Scamacca
  • Very flat atmosphere, so many empty seats
  • Really sloppy start, think Scamacca’s lost the ball 4 times
  • edited August 2022
    Cornet turns the full back inside out, slings over a good cross and scamacca nuts it in, good goal
  • Cornet to Scamacca. I hope we see that a lot more this season
  • up and running for the big man
  • That was well done by Cornet. First time he really had the ball.
  • First time we've released Cornet

That's what we want to see
  • edited August 2022
    Great stuff, 2 new signings involved, Cornet cross and Scamacca goal
  • Good shot from Scamacca, Cornet makes a hash of what would've neen an easy rebound but he's offside
  • edited August 2022

Good shot from Scamacca, Cornet makes a hash of what would've neen an easy rebound but he's offside

But I liked that he (Cornet) moved centrally when Scamacca moved wider.
  • Viborg doing well imo. They definitely might fancy themselves if they can keep the score down to 1-0
  • Scamacca needs to show a bit more in terms of his hold up play as he won’t he getting ahead of Antonio any time soon!
  • He’s scored. Something Antonio can’t do.
  • our first goal of the season
  • He’s scored. Something Antonio can’t do.

Couldn’t miss to be fair
  • The game almost has a friendly vibe about it
  • I feel we need at least one more
  • God that was awful
  • We need an extra man in midfield to keep the ball.
  • Coventry isn't making it at this level, he needs to be let go so he can drop down a couple leagues to make a career and work up. Ashby looks a bit like Ben Johnson from 2 season ago breaking in, has something about him just needs a run of games I think.

Overall despite leading 1-0 though this is a pretty poor performance again
  • edited August 2022
    So Scamacca gets a nice simple header but other than that is not really in the game & has struggled to retain the ball when he’s had it (bar one nice bit of control & crossfield pass). Bowen & Cornet not in the game (other than Conet’s nice cross). Soucek & Coventry looking poor. Lanzini anonymous. The back four have passed the ball across to each other all game. Ashby when he gets forward either goes back or tries to play it in behind but hasn’t found a WHU player yet. Think we need a few subs at HT.
  • What exactly has Coventry done wrong?