Man City (H) 4:30pm Sunday 7th August (Sky Sports)

Comments

• I think Ex confirmed it wasn’t done in time
  • No, yes, yes.
  • IronHerb said:

No, yes, yes.

maybe
  • Bazshuayi said:

Its a Saint Sin Bernardo? ;)

Donny Osmond fan?
    Dog... St Bernard(o)

I actually thought I was being clever haha

But to the question... Who ISN'T a Donny Osmond fan!!!
  • Bazshuayi said:

Bazshuayi said:

Donny Osmond fan?
    Dog... St Bernard(o)

Baz, I think it would be easier to count those who are DO fans, unless of course you were being a little sarcastic.
  • Fab
    Coufal - Dawson - Zouma - Cressy
    Rice - Soucek
    Bowen - Benrahma - Fornals
    Antonio

Only questions really is Lanzini or Benrahma, I'd opt for Bennie but moyes will likely go for Lanzini as he's the more defensive option as he plays deeper

No idea about the bench, probably something like
    Bench: Areola, Johnson, Bapsite, Ashby, Downes, Coventry, Lanzini, Vlasic, Mubama

Obviously pretty weak bench, but you add Scamacca, Cornet, Ogbonna & Diop (or his replacement) then you we look a lot healthier
  • Bazshuayi said:

Bazshuayi said:

Donny Osmond fan?
    Dog... St Bernard(o)

Baz, I think it would be easier to count those who are DO fans, unless of course you were being a little sarcastic.
    To clarify... Donny is a wholesome, decent talented lad who will go far (I wrote this in 1972, I was a very inciteful and mature 7 year old)
  • edited August 2022
    I’m a football fan.I’m a West Ham fan. My West Ham lineage goes back over 100 years to my granddad who came to east London as a bootmenders apprentice as a 14 year old kid and who went to the 1923 cup final . So yeah, there’s some history with my family and me with my club.I’m not a tactician, I know next to nothing about formations and I don’t pretend to. The transfer window and all the daft fluff that goes with it bores me rigid so thank gawd the season starts for real tomorrow and I can watch my beloved club again.
    I don’t mind how the result goes really but wouldn’t it be great if we started with a really good performance? So tomorrow?As Cyndi Lauper may have said “ Boys just wanna have fun”.
  • I see them standing on the slips, straining against the start. The games afoot, follow thy spirit and upon this day, cry, God, for Bobby, Billy and St Trevor.

Or something like that 😀
  • It's finally here, the first match day of the season.

COYI
  • edited August 2022
    Think we can get something with a good, intense performance. The fact it’s the first day of the season means it’s a bit of a leveller. Of course, City could easily beat us, but we’ve drawn our last three games with them at home (including the penalty shootout win), whilst losing the last two away games 2-1. Moyes seems to know how to stifle them.
  • So Scamacca may be on the bench
  • If the games close then whack him on for the last 15/20 minutes
    Will give the crowd a lift
    And provides more of a direct option
  • Dawson misses out with a thigh injury. Ben Johnson plays instead.
  • Dawson will be a big loss
  • edited August 2022
    COYI...Certainly not ideal that we have 1 recognised CB available against the reigning champions/ or any team for that matter.....
    Also have to say that 2 keepers named as subs somewhat irks me....
    Nice to see Scamacca on the bench....
  • Only 1 fit CB.
  • Yes, I used to love his piano playing
  • Diop not on the bench either but happy Scamacca made it
  • Does that mean we are protecting Diop so we sell him?
  • I'm just delighted football is back
  • Clear that Diop is off, just waiting for the offer.

COYI
  • Bazshuayi said:

Yes, I used to love his piano playing

Good old Les.
  • Could easily be a back 3 with Johnson - Zouma - Cresswell
  • This isn't a complaint about the transfer window because there's still three weeks of it left, but it's really frustrating that we've gone into the first game of the new season with just one senior LB and one fit CB.

We've needed to upgrade on Cresswell for a couple of seasons now (IMO) but not only have we failed to do that, but we've let his back up leave without a replacement lined up.

And at CB, Aguerd's injury is unfortunate, but we knew Ogbonna was a risk given his injury, and Dawson played most of last season having pain-killing injections. Diop, like Cresswell, needed replacing (again, IMO) but we've already jeopardised our first game by not sorting these obvious areas of weakness.

Anyway, with that off my chest, I'm hoping we give a good account of ourselves this afternoon. Not hopeful, but you never know; look what Fulham did to Liverpool.

And I really hope Scamacca is given some minutes. Really excited to see what he can do in the claret and blue.
  • Bazshuayi said:

Yes, I used to love his piano playing

Good old Les.
    I saw him nearly smile once
  • This isn't a complaint about the transfer window because there's still three weeks of it left, but it's really frustrating that we've gone into the first game of the new season with just one senior LB and one fit CB.

We've needed to upgrade on Cresswell for a couple of seasons now (IMO) but not only have we failed to do that, but we've let his back up leave without a replacement lined up.

And at CB, Aguerd's injury is unfortunate, but we knew Ogbonna was a risk given his injury, and Dawson played most of last season having pain-killing injections. Diop, like Cresswell, needed replacing (again, IMO) but we've already jeopardised our first game by not sorting these obvious areas of weakness.

Anyway, with that off my chest, I'm hoping we give a good account of ourselves this afternoon. Not hopeful, but you never know; look what Fulham did to Liverpool.

And I really hope Scamacca is given some minutes. Really excited to see what he can do in the claret and blue.

Personally, we haven’t needed to upgrade on Cresswell. He’s been very consistent for the last two years.
  • OCS, I wish to agree twice over about the transfer situation resulting in today’s line up. ☹️