Man City (H) 4:30pm Sunday 7th August (Sky Sports)

Comments

• Cornet
    Downes
    Scamacca
    Areola
    Aguerd

I find it hard to see what more business the club could have done by early August?
  • edited August 2022
    Lukerz said:

Personally, we haven’t needed to upgrade on Cresswell. He’s been very consistent for the last two years.

The season before last was an improvement on the previous couple, but I'm gobsmacked if you don't think he was the weak link in our defensive chain last season.
  • A left back. Arguably our second biggest issue after the striker.

Cresswell has been a problem for a while for a lot of fans. Great servant, but declining for a while.
  • The business we've done so far has been really good, don't get me wrong, but I think we should have had a stronger squad by the first game of the season.
  • Lukerz said:

Personally, we haven’t needed to upgrade on Cresswell. He’s been very consistent for the last two years.

The season before last was an improvement on the previous couple, but I'm gobsmacked if you don't think he was the weak link in our defensive chain last season.
    I won’t go over it again but the weak link in our defence was our midfield shielding.
  • At the game. COYI!!!!
  • edited August 2022
    Surprised that Scamacca made the bench but Cornet didn't. Surely Maxwell has been involved with Burnley pre-season.

Looking at the lineups, I think we're on for a hiding.
  • Lukerz said:

Cornet
    Downes
    Scamacca
    Areola
    Aguerd

I find it hard to see what more business the club could have done by early August?

Mate, it’s never going to be enough is it?🤷🏻‍♂️
  • nice to have scamacca on the bench when Antonio runs out of puff
  • Still talking about man u .Somethings never change
  • edited August 2022
    Lukerz, Don’t get me wrong 👍 I admit we have tried but we don’t appear to have got the shield sorted in front of the back four IF Rice is going to play further forward which then restricts Soucek? I agree we don’t want just anyone, DM has said as much, but we have needed a new LB for nearly as long as a CF. Let’s hope we get the Hungarian player who can cover LB/CH as both Dawson & Ogbonna especially may be missing many games due to injury. Seven games this month so I hope the recruits arrive much sooner than later. 🤞
  • Cornet didn’t sign until after the deadline.
  • Lukerz said:

Lukerz said:

I won’t go over it again but the weak link in our defence was our midfield shielding.
    So Rice and Soucek need upgrading more than Cresswell.

Roger that.
  • MrsGrey said:

At the game. COYI!!!!

When we score, take a selfie of you celebrating and upload it here???? :)
  • The business we've done so far has been really good, don't get me wrong, but I think we should have had a stronger squad by the first game of the season.

We are buying these players for the next 3/4/5 years etc. and over 100 games....we aren't buying then for the 1st game of the season

We have a stronger squad than last year
  • Good start. Slinging the ball into the box nicely.

I like that we seem to be going at them straight away.
  • Haaland is massive
  • If anything this game is going to do wonders for our fitness.
  • Good start. Slinging the ball into the box nicely.

I like that we seem to be going at them straight away.

They haven't let us have the ball since.
  • There are 10 balls around the pitch, can we not use one of them?
  • Fab off injured.

Good job we have two 'keepers on the bench.
  • Fab off. Another injury.
  • Gundogan scores but rightly called offside

Fab off for Areola

Haven't really been able to get close to the ball
  • Another injury, cursed I tell ye
  • Antonio down injured. This is incredible 😄
  • Antonio down now. What’s the matter with us.
  • His knee's already strapped and he's down holding it. Obviously the injury that's kept him out all week.
  • Omg we're cursed
  • Antonio pinged his knee ouch