Man City (H) 4:30pm Sunday 7th August (Sky Sports)

Comments

• I thought we all pasta posting silly remarks!
  • Wouldn’t he have been training in Italy in case the move fell through

No potato fields in Italy as they mostly eat pasta =)
    I thought the same as alderz 😱😱😱

• Herb, you've just lit the fusilli for a pun bomb, haven't you 😁
  • You can all officially call me Ravioli 😜
  • edited August 2022
    Looks like there could be an outside chance Cornet may be available for Sunday as he has undergone the majority of his medical tonight. Rest to complete in the morning. Needs to be done by 12pm.
  • I think the last time we opened with this fixture we got stuffed 5-0. I’m just hoping we are a lot closer to them this time.
  • Chris Sutton doing the BBC predictions has us down for a loss , is he the new Lawro prediciting us to lose every week and Liverpool win only time will tell :-)
  • I think the last time we opened with this fixture we got stuffed 5-0. I’m just hoping we are a lot closer to them this time.

Our results against Man City under Moyes:

2-1 loss 2017/18
    1-4 loss 2017/18
    2-0 loss 2019/20
    1-1 draw 2020/21
    2-1 loss 2020/21
    2-1 loss 2021/22
    2-2 draw 2021/22
  • Chris Sutton doing the BBC predictions has us down for a loss , is he the new Lawro prediciting us to lose every week and Liverpool win only time will tell :-)

Yeah, he has Sunday's game down as 0-3.
    I'll be glad when the games out of the way. Nothing to say we can't get something but I'm not sure how good the back line up will be. I'd be over the moon with 1-1
  • edited August 2022
    I’d take a point now, but who knows? We could be in dreamland by 6 .30 on Sunday, or someone on here will be starting “The Relegation Thread “.
    Actually that thread will probably start if City go one up after 10 minutes.
  • alderz said:

Wouldn’t he have been training in Italy in case the move fell through

No potato fields in Italy as they mostly eat pasta =)
    I heard that Scammacca spent the summer dragging tyres across his family’s spaghetti farm
    I think you mean orchard don't you, everyone knows spaghetti grows on trees. ;)

• Slacker said:

I’d take a point now, but who knows? We could be in dreamland by 6 .30 on Sunday, or someone on here will be starting “The Relegation Thread “.

Can I start it now? 🤪
  • Slacker said:

You know you want to, really
  • Lukerz said:

Slacker said:

You know you want to, really
    Oh I think there are a few far better qualified than me on here for that job.😉

• Slacker said:

Can I start it now? 🤪
    Actually, if you check (July 15th again) I already started a relegation thread... ;)

#Draft
  • edited August 2022
    Again…. Oh Baz you are awful….. but..
  • Couldn't resist =)
  • Just reading the report of Pep's press conference

City are still chasing a LB (snap), current options are Cancelo or Ake

They've only have 20 first team players on their books and that includes Bernardo Silva who has been linked with a move to Barcelona.

Pep says any gaps will be filled by Academy players

Pep says "hopefully" Silva will stay as he is "happy, engaged, he has a beautiful dog".

Hopefully that doesn't mean Silva is engaged to his dog.
  • edited August 2022
    Its a Saint Sin Bernardo? ;)
  • We obviously have to play them sometime and I am pleased that we face them now, it may not be a bad time.

I watched them play Bayern Munich on their US tour and whilst they have quality all over the pitch, Haarland is so different to their normal front men, they will have to change the way they play and it might take them a few games to get into their stride.

He is no Aguero or Sterling and Mahrez particularly, kept cutting inside looking for a quick one, two to feet rather than going outside and picking out a cross for Haaland to attack.

COYI
  • The way I look at it is I'd rather play City now and lose than play, for instance, Leicester now and lose when we'd have a much better chance of beating Leicester with our new signings fit and playing than we would have with them against City.

• edited August 2022
    Looking at City, they’ve lost a lot of big, first 11 players this summer:

Zinchenko
    Fernandinho
    Sterling
    Jesus
    Silva (being linked with Barca)

They have signed Haaland & Phillips, who seem good additions to the squad, but that is quite a big transition in terms of reliable players who were regulars in their first 11, now missing.
  • edited August 2022
    When I look at their match day squads
    And see the bench
    I honestly don’t think they are not as strong as they are perceived
    Especially as you say with those losses
    Explains why they can’t complete league and champs league double 🤔
  • They aren’t as deep a squad as last season for sure.
  • Likely line-up

Ederson
    Walker - Dias - Ake - Cancelo
    De Bruyne - Rodri - Silva
    Mahrez - Haaland - Grealish

But he could go with Foden or Gundogan is there.
  • I personally think Phillips was more of a ‘home quota signing’ more than anything else
    For me definitely better cheaper alternatives out there
  • edited August 2022
    So without Cornet signed in time & Masukau loaned out, it looks like we’ll be operating with a 4-3-3 (unless Moyes uses Johnson as a LWB).

Fabianski
    Coufal - Dawson - Zouma - Cresswell
    Soucek - Rice - Lanzini
    Bowen - Antonio - Fornals

Our bench will be very light with no Ogbonna, Diop, Masuaku & Scamacca.

Remember 5 subs can be used.
  • Bazshuayi said:

Its a Saint Sin Bernardo? ;)

Donny Osmond fan?
  • Lukerz said:

So without Cornet signed in time & Masukau loaned out, it looks like we’ll be operating with a 4-3-3 (unless Moyes uses Johnson as a LWB).

Fabianski
    Coufal - Dawson - Zouma - Cresswell
    Soucek - Rice - Lanzini
    Bowen - Antonio - Fornals

Our bench will be very light with no Ogbonna, Diop, Masuaku & Scamacca.

Remember 5 subs can be used.

Do we know for certain that he wasn’t signed in time? He wasn’t announced in time, but isn’t the only thing that needs to be done is registration? Isn’t it possible that he signed before the deadline but media work took the rest of the day?