Man City (H) 4:30pm Sunday 7th August (Sky Sports)

Comments

• That fee kick right there summed the game up for me
  • Downes on and push souceck up front more, at least only 1-0 and that was a pen
  • Antonio has to come off. Gives away the ball every time he gets it. He’s obviously struggling. Just get him off.
  • We look woeful. I knew City are on another level but we look void of ideas.
  • edited August 2022
    Nobody can be surprised by this, surely? First game, few nerves, lacking sharpness, champions here. Some of the comments. That’s what success does I suppose.

Nothing in the game but a rash piece of keeping. They have the ball, as they always do. We’ll get a chance, just need to ensure it’s 0-1 when it comes.

All this ‘this could get ugly’. Come on. They haven’t had a chance.
  • Lukerz said:

Nobody can be surprised by this, surely? First game, few nerves, lacking sharpness, champions here. Some of the comments. That’s what success does I suppose.

Nothing in the game but a rash piece of keeping. They have the ball, as they always do. We’ll get a chance, just need to ensure it’s 0-1 when it comes.

All this ‘this could get ugly’. Come on. They haven’t had a chance.

True I posted that but see my later post for my half time thought

• We have been under the cosh. Too many misplaced passes. Soucek, Fornals, Lanzinin hardly in the game. Need to refresh the team.
  • I wonder if our new signings hope there’s a 14 day cancellation period. It’s one thing being outplayed by a better team but we don’t seem to have anything at all. We’ve made less than 50 passes in this half and most of them haven’t found a team mate.
    Since January for the most part we’ve been well out of sorts and the summer break hasn’t done anything to change that. I was hoping that pre season form was merely a glitch because it’s mainly about fitness but City are not playing in anything above second gear and are just strolling through.
  • I wonder if our new signings hope there’s a 14 day cancellation period. It’s one thing being outplayed by a better team but we don’t seem to have anything at all. We’ve made less than 50 passes in this half and most of them haven’t found a team mate.
    Since January for the most part we’ve been well out of sorts and the summer break hasn’t done anything to change that. I was hoping that pre season form was merely a glitch because it’s mainly about fitness but City are not playing in anything above second gear and are just strolling through.

It’s no different to the game we played last season, where we drew 2-2. Bowen hasn’t had his two chances, is the only difference.
  • Not much point getting scamacca on if we cant get the ball in there half
  • Breaking: West Ham fans shocked City have lots of ball & £70m forward scores.
  • edited August 2022
    Lukerz said:

I wonder if our new signings hope there’s a 14 day cancellation period. It’s one thing being outplayed by a better team but we don’t seem to have anything at all. We’ve made less than 50 passes in this half and most of them haven’t found a team mate.

It’s no different to the game we played last season, where we drew 2-2. Bowen hasn’t had his two chances, is the only difference.
    In all fairness though, Bowen has simply not been involved so far....
    I am content with this, we're still in the game, allbeit offering very little.
    We have allowed City to do as they please, no surprise there...
    Just hope we can carve out a few chances, and when in possesion, retain it....COYI
  • edited August 2022
    Lukerz said:

Nobody can be surprised by this, surely? First game, few nerves, lacking sharpness

Nah, sorry, not for me. Nerves? There are no debuts out there for us. Just seasoned pros. Lack of sharpness? We've just had a two-month pre-season.

City are obviously much better than us, but we've done ourselves no favours by giving the ball away constantly whenever we have had it.
  • Nobody is shocked City have had lots of the ball but on the rare occasions we have it id expect us to show at least some signs that we want to get forward and have some idea how to pass to a team mate.
    The game last season we at least showed some gumption but this game we can’t do anything right.
    Maybe half time will liven us up.
  • Shocked that is the general feeling. I mean we are obvs the only side in world football struggling to retain the ball v City.
  • Luke, think you are somewhat overreacting here, no one has really carried on, just stating what has been evident...
    We all know City are the best team in the league, so no shocks......
  • Other than the Pen city haven't had a single good chance

We've hardly been under the cosh....we just can't keep the ball as they are sooooo good
  • Fact is even against City ,We are better then this
  • Has Noble brought his kit with him?
  • Why are we risking Antonio ? he was barely in the game after that injury ?
  • Bowen looks like he's moved more central with Lanzini on the left side.....
  • Rice just blasted over.
  • Rice should've done better there
  • Got to take your chances against this lot.
  • This looks like negligence on Moyes part for keeping Antonio out on the pitch, he is definitely not looking right what so ever.
  • Scamacca and Bennie on for Antonio and Lanzini
  • Surely that was a foul on Johnson

Wouldn't been a corner if it wasn't for a nudge
  • Another decent chance, but Benrahma's shot is weak.
  • edited August 2022
    Game over.

We've had two good chances to equalise. They get the next chance and go two up.

Clinical.
  • One ball straight through the middle. That’s what finishing is all about. So so easy.