Pre season matches June and July 2022

1234568

Comments

  • Slacker, Three of a minimum of 7.

    Yup, I was thinking more eight really.
    Bloke out fishing today reckons that Messi is close to a done deal and that Trent Darby bloke at Liverpool has told his agent to make it happen.
    So just another 5 or 6 and that’ll be a decent window imo.👍

  • Would that be Terence Trent Darby? How talented is he! ;)
  • another 1 on 1 missed, good save but should have scored

    No-one will be surprised to read that it was Antonio.
    He’s rubbish isn’t he OCS?

  • Hard to judge the 2nd half a lot of changes we lost a bit of momentum we played some ok stuff agree Antonio looked off it
  • We need some fresh blood.
  • It worries me that we have only 6 options for the front four positions; Bowen, Fornals, Lanzini, Benrahma, Vlasic & Antonio. This needs to be addressed urgently as we struggled last season to break teams down when we couldn’t counter attack. I’d argue that Fornals & Lanzini should not really be included as attacking options but more link-players.
  • Lukerz said:

    It worries me that we have only 6 options for the front four positions; Bowen, Fornals, Lanzini, Benrahma, Vlasic & Antonio. This needs to be addressed urgently as we struggled last season to break teams down when we couldn’t counter attack. I’d argue that Fornals & Lanzini should not really be included as attacking options but more link-players.

    I agree that we need bodies there, but I don't think Fornals or Lanzini are truly seen by Moyes as CM options, so either you include them in that list or you say it's not a 'front 4' but a 'front 3' with a 'link'.
  • Yeah & I’d say Vlasic fits that bill too. So Bowen, Benrahma, Antonio for the front 3 positions. I personally don’t think Benrahma will make it.
  • Slacker said:

    another 1 on 1 missed, good save but should have scored

    No-one will be surprised to read that it was Antonio.
    He’s rubbish isn’t he OCS?

    Slacker, Who are we comparing him with?

  • Did anyone else think that Johnson and Zouma looked very shaky yesterday?
  • Really not convinced by Johnson and Zouma did look a bit shaky ,needs Dawson by his side ,Sure the team will be up for City
  • I personally just don’t worry at all about pre season as anything other than fitness building. We’ll be a different side when the league starts, same as Man Utd won’t be world beaters, no matter what the BBC tells us about their Australian tour, and Chelsea won’t be bad even that they got bashed by Arsenal.
  • That said, nothing like a win or two to lift confidence...
  • alderz said:

    I personally just don’t worry at all about pre season as anything other than fitness building. We’ll be a different side when the league starts, same as Man Utd won’t be world beaters, no matter what the BBC tells us about their Australian tour, and Chelsea won’t be bad even that they got bashed by Arsenal.

    This.
  • The trauma of watching us have many, many bad seasons in the past will never allow me not to worry how we will do prior to a seasons start. It's nothing to do with logic, all to do with those decade things like the 70s, 80s, 90s, 2000s, 2010s....
  • edited July 24
    I agree regarding the fitness thing but that's a worry because many of our CB's are just not about at the moment. Obviously no one's fault but just an observation.
  • Hamstew said:

    I agree regarding the fitness thing but that's a worry because many of our CB's are just not about at the moment. Obviously no one's fault but just an observation.

    And you can't buy a 6th one because of that

    We have 5 senior CB at the club band we normally only need 2 at one time
  • edited July 24
    Exactly. Just bad luck an no one's fault.
  • Hamstew said:

    I agree regarding the fitness thing but that's a worry because many of our CB's are just not about at the moment. Obviously no one's fault but just an observation.

    And you can't buy a 6th one because of that

    We have 5 senior CB at the club band we normally only need 2 at one time
    I think there are doubts about Ogbonna and Diop wants out.

    I reckon we'll bring in another one before the window closes.
  • edited July 24
    Should have been all over Mee on a free 😉
  • There were two decent CB’s at Mainz who we could have signed one went to Sporting who is rapid & the other joined Forest.
  • Could have signed? Or did you mean to say could have tried to sign?

  • IronHerb said:

    Should have been all over Mee on a free 😉

    You play CB O.o O.o O.o
  • I see the spuds have won a trophy, the only one for the season I hope, beat rangers 2-1
  • MrsG, Yes if we were interested we could have tried to sign. 👍
  • Then I think it's fair to say that we weren't interested.
  • IronHerb said:

    Should have been all over Mee on a free 😉

    You play CB O.o O.o O.o
    Beat me to it. Slightly worried about the impact of this site on my humour.
  • I've had a humour by-pass until after the Man City game...
  • Just to confirm today's game kicks off at 5.15 pm (BST) and is being shown on the West Ham app
  • U19s are 4-0 up against Spurs.

Sign In or Register to comment.