Pre season matches June and July 2022

Comments

• Hamstew said:

Is anyone watching the game. If so is there any sound?

There's sound on the app.
    Thanks. Just me then
  • Ogbonna?
  • Lukerz said:

Ogbonna?

Good point. So we're two centre backs down already.
  • no worry as Alesse looks good, no wait
  • Antonio misses a 1 vs 1
  • Just can't trust him to finish a 1 on 1.
  • I've found a free stream, am I allowed to post a link here?
  • PM me if you want it until I get the OK to post it on the general forum
  • Aguerd down injured, ankle
  • And Aguerd is down injured.
  • edited July 2022
    Limping off supported by 2 medical staff, not good
  • Doesn't look good.
  • Brilliant
  • Diop has come on, but is playing LCB with Zouma staying at RCB (unlike last season when Zouma usually had to switch to LCB to partner Dawson or Diop).
  • how did the knock happen?
  • Stretching to make a recovery tackle, not sure whether the player caught him as he slid in ahead of the attacker, or the foot caught in the turf.
  • Rice booked
  • Stretching to make a recovery tackle, not sure whether the player caught him as he slid in ahead of the attacker, or the foot caught in the turf.

Got to hope it's a kick rather than a muscle injury. If he's sprained it he's likely to miss a good few games now.
  • Rice booked

booked in a friendly tut tut
  • The way he went off suggested it was a sprain to me tbh.
  • That was quite a frustrating half. Looked pretty good for the first ten minutes, but seemed to lose our way after that. Not a lot of attacking threat really; Antonio missed the 1v1 (an all too familiar sight) and Benrahma, Fornals and Lanzini have struggled to get in the game.

Really feel like we need some new players to freshen things up, particularly in the final third. Just feels all too predictable.
  • That was quite a frustrating half. Looked pretty good for the first ten minutes, but seemed to lose our way after that. Not a lot of attacking threat really; Antonio missed the 1v1 (an all too familiar sight) and Benrahma, Fornals and Lanzini have struggled to get in the game.

Really feel like we need some new players to freshen things up, particularly in the final third. Just feels all too predictable.

Tbh that's been an issue for a while; yes, we've been good at countering, but we often have huge issues breaking teams down when we've got a chunk of possession. We seem to lack creativity against set defences.
  • edited July 2022
    Worst case is ankle ligaments, anything else is probably a result. Could only be a few weeks. Reminded me of the Bowen injury at Anfield which was not as bad as feared.
  • I agree that it all feels very much like the the later parts of last season with regards to the players you've just mentioned. It's a friendly and a good workout but we definitely need a bit of a mix up imo.
  • Yeah we need a mix up. We’ve got the same 11 that ended that half that played last season. Aguerd is the only addition & he now has picked up an injury. Downes looks like a squad filler. Areola was here too.
  • Lukerz said:

Worst case is ankle ligaments, anything else is probably a result. Could only be a few weeks. Reminded me of the Bowen injury at Anfield which was not as bad as feared.

How long was he out for? Good few weeks wasn't it?
  • Around a month. Although we have two & a half weeks until the season starts.
  • Rangers score following a mistake from Cresswell
  • Rangers score following a mistake from Cresswell

Unfortunately yes. He slid in to cut out a ball down the line but missed the ball and the resulting cut back was buried.