Pre season matches June and July 2022

Comments

• given moyes reaction to brighton, this could be a bit lively in his after match comments, at least no illusion we need more players

This performance may not be a bad thing in that respect. If he's challenged his squad to prove him wrong after the Brighton game, few have stepped up so far in pre-season.
  • 3-1, Soucek
  • 3-1, Soucek

Get the open top bus ready, we’re gonna win the league
  • I've found a free stream, am I allowed to post a link here?

Sorry, the answer was yes but I'm late to the party
    ( Was investigating my local beer garden in Dresden)

In future, best thing it to open a streams thread in the Streams category -the site is set up so all content in that category is hidden from non-members. Once there, post as much as you like. It's why we put the FF codes in there.
  • wise move Mrs G better than the game, Vlasic not as a number 10 again and off the pace
  • How many times do we concede to a player completely unmarked. I reckon at least 20% of them

That's your HW. I expect a stat attack by the opening game of the season 🤣
  • Decent
  • Sometimes a manager learns more about a team after a loss than a win. Let's hope he's seen a few short comings
  • Just seen a slo-mo of the Aguerd injury. Definitely done some damage to the exterior ligaments; just a case of how much. I did mine a few years ago and I couldn't run on it for three months. Hopefully Aguerd's isn't that bad because he's really impressed me so far.
  • With Zouma, Ogbonna, Diop & Dawson, we are well stocked. Not sure where two of those are, though.
  • Lukerz said:

With Zouma, Ogbonna, Diop & Dawson, we are well stocked. Not sure where two of those are, though.

Carrying Lingards baggage
  • Vlasic getting good reviews
  • Lukerz said:

Vlasic getting good reviews

Again, Vlasic was decent, but I think we need more than decent from him. Some nice touches - one burst from midfield was particularly impressive - but didn't impose himself enough on the game when he came on.

Encouraging signs though; I hope Moyes keeps him for this season.
  • To be fair you could read the same for Lanzini
  • Yeah I thought Vlasic did well. Coufal also.
  • Lukerz said:

To be fair you could read the same for Lanzini

Yeah, he's a bit of a conundrum now. Anonymous tonight and really isn't capable of playing effectively in a midfield two, but seems to be a Moyes favourite.

Him, Benrahma and Fornals haven't impressed me in what I've seen of them in pre-season, and Vlasic is probably ahead of all three so far.
  • It wouldn't be us if we didn't have a new signing injured quickly after coming on board

#WHamWay
  • How about a injure thread ,We all know we are going to need one =)
  • Is there an emoji for 'don't know whether to laugh or cry '? Think we need it for Aguerd and injuries generally....
  • Excellent, we go into our penultimate pre-season game with one senior centre back:

Dawson and Aguerd we know are injured. Presume Ogbonna is too. Diop? Who knows.
  • Ogbonna played part game with the under 21s last night as part of his rehab
  • on you tube?
  • edited July 2022
    will look for the offical one
  • lots of streams but linked to you tube content makers, don't like those as often sweary
  • Anyone elses not working?
  • it keeps buffering for me so get a few secs then it buffers
  • better now for me