Pre season matches June and July 2022

Comments

• Yeah same. Cheers
  • they are pressing well and we seem a bit disjointed again
  • Great header from Soucek
  • Club stream, excellent quality

• That's the one we are on, was a bit ropey at the start
  • We've passed it well since the goal. Still seem a bit lost up top.
  • First 20 minutes were dreadful, but I think that was mostly because it looks like a new formation. Grew into the half though and looked pretty good in the end. Great cross and header for the goal.

Not sure the front three is working. We're obviously playing without a No9 and Bowen, Benrahma and Fornals are all dropping deep so we have nothing up front. We have plenty of width with the wingbacks but more often than not no-one in the box to receive the ball.
  • Hamstew said:

We've passed it well since the goal. Still seem a bit lost up top.

If the rumours are true, Scamacca and Kostic for Benrahma and Masuaku and this formation becomes much better. I think Moyes might have one eye on the potential new players with what he's trying today.
  • they should have scored
  • another 1 on 1 missed, good save but should have scored
  • another 1 on 1 missed, good save but should have scored

No-one will be surprised to read that it was Antonio.
  • I really think refs should be officiating friendlies like they would a competitive game. Luton should have about 5 yellows and it’s just putting players at risk of injury because they can do whatever they want.
  • They are supposed to. Don’t know why they don’t but yellows don’t count for anything unless of course they get two.
  • not sure Coventry is going to make at PL level, dawdles too much on the ball. Not decisive enough.
  • zouma limping
  • Zouma always limps.
  • and switch off in the last minute, so typical of west ham in a game we did not look troubled
  • I know its preseason but they need to concentrate
  • Should be interesting against City in two weeks.
  • Just been dreadful this pre season.
  • Yeah, not a great second half. We're so slow in transition it's painful to watch sometimes.

Antonio looked poor again, and Benrahma struggled. Lanzini and Vlasic tidy enough but again, not clinical enough in the final third.

Does make me nervous for the new season.
  • Not just pre season. We’ve been poor for most of this calendar year except for the EL games.
  • Just got in from fishing and read this thread.
    So, relegation fight then?😀
  • Slacker, Unless we get all the new recruits we need in it would appear so. 😉
  • Slacker, Unless we get all the new recruits we need in it would appear so. 😉

How many are we up to on the needed list today?

• two new strikers needed. Antonio has been poor. i think we are stronger with Bowen playing down the middle.
  • not sure Coventry is going to make at PL level, dawdles too much on the ball. Not decisive enough.

I must admit I’ve not seen that much of the boy, but what I have it may be worth giving him at least a bench spot.
    Are you basing your view on today’s game Yeold?

• I thought Coventry did okay today also thought Cressie had a good game .Not to impressed with Asby still early pre season .......Oh no its not =)
  • Slacker, Three of a minimum of 7.
  • Vlasic seems to be getting good reviews on twitter while playing in the No 10 role.