Pre season matches June and July 2022

Comments

• In English but sometimes cuts back to Arabic
  • Blame it on the heat
  • Well, I felt like we controlled the game for the first hour, then things went a bit wrong after the substitutions.

Aguerd looked good, Bowen looked sharp, and Rice was a different level again when he came on.

Johnson was good at LB, but we desperately need another option. He cuts inside almost every time in attack, as do Benrahma and Fornals when they play wide left, which means we're all too predictable down that side.

Mubama was busy enough but didn't look like a real threat, so nowhere near a PL option yet.

But a good run out and no injuries as far as I could see.
  • I think Moyes could not fail to notice Soucek was offering pretty tired performances at the end as he was asked to play so much football. He rarely missed a match for us and played all the Czech national matches also during each international break.

Maybe he recognises that he needs someone who can step in and rotate a little, the role he appeared to bring in Kral for but did not seem to trust him.
  • Nice to see Vlašic get a goal & I really hope Moyes shows patience this season with him. Certainly has the right attitude. I have a feeling he’ll come good.
  • Lukerz said:

Nice to see Vlašic get a goal & I really hope Moyes shows patience this season with him. Certainly has the right attitude. I have a feeling he’ll come good.

He was nice and tidy yesterday, but always seemed to look backwards rather than forwards when he received the ball. Just feel like he needs to be braver with and without the ball.

Nice header though, and hopefully he'll get the next three games to get some confidence and a bit of rhythm.
  • Lukerz said:

Nice to see Vlašic get a goal & I really hope Moyes shows patience this season with him. Certainly has the right attitude. I have a feeling he’ll come good.

He was nice and tidy yesterday, but always seemed to look backwards rather than forwards when he received the ball. Just feel like he needs to be braver with and without the ball.
    I said something very similar when seeing a couple of his brief appearances before.
    Possibly lack of confidence?

• Let's hope he gets a good pre-season and we keep him. His attitude seems good.
    As some have said before, it took Fornals a couple of seasons to really get going, so hopefully Vlasic will come good.
  • Didn’t see the game, but glad Vlasic did better. What position did he play?
  • Unfortunately goalkeeper. 😂

in the number 10 role for once I think

With Benrahma on the left, Bowen on the right and there were some nice little passes between them

With Benrahma on the left, Bowen on the right and there were some nice little passes between them
    There's a song in there somewhere. 🤔
  • Any news on if / how tonight's game will be shown. I couldn't get the app on my computer and don't use a smartphone yet, so would have been stuck for the Reading game if whupathman had not posted above. Many thanks to him.
  • https://rangerspayments.streamamg.com/account/register/step1

It's at a cost of £8, well, £7.99 for the pedants =)
  • It’s a big one.. The Roy Carroll Derby 🧤
  • Ah even better.. The Christian Dailly Derby..
    I want curly hair too 🎶
  • The Europa League final that might have been :(
  • I got a voucher from West Ham to watch it for free as I am a season ticket holder but you have to redeem code before 5pm to get it to work apparntely
  • Soucek fit for the bench. Still no Dawson.

• Apart from Soucek for Lanzini and maybe coufal for Johnson, that's our best XI...and those changes seem fitness based

So maybe reading too much into it....but do we think Fab will continue as our #1 in the league?
  • Probably. I suspect Areola will start the game on Saturday, but I think whoever starts the Lens game on the 30th will be Moyes’s No1.
  • edited July 2022

Probably. I suspect Areola will start the game on Saturday, but I think whoever starts the Lens game on the 30th will be Moyes’s No1.

I've just seen some rangers fan laugh at the name Areola. I've just googled the word. I had no idea it was the name for that part of the body.
  • I don't think Coufal is a shoe in. Had some ropey performances last season (probably because of an injury he was playing through) but also Johnson played good on the right.
  • Hamstew said:

Probably. I suspect Areola will start the game on Saturday, but I think whoever starts the Lens game on the 30th will be Moyes’s No1.

I've just seen some rangers fan laugh at the name Areola. I've just googled the word. I had no idea it was the name for that part of the body.
    I must admit, the child in me sniggered from day one, says more about me I guess. Sorry about that:(
  • For the number nerds, Johnson was 31 at the weekend but 2 today.
  • Is anyone watching the game. If so is there any sound?
  • Hamstew said:

Is anyone watching the game. If so is there any sound?

There's sound on the app.
  • not bought it so will watch the game via your comments