Other league games 7 May - 12 May

Comments

• yoyo said:

There'll be a red card in this game

Well, if Moss continues to let Liverpool players get away with fouling all over the place, then the Villa players are going to feel hard done by; he is in danger of losing control so I think you could be right.
  • Bazshuayi said:

Tumblweed... (with a left hamstring issue)

Still having a shocker before injuring himself committing his fifth foul.
  • As Le Saux mentioned, he could easily have been struggling with a tight hamstring prior to going off
  • Tumbleweed. 😂
  • Don Hutchison on the BBC - Fabinho goes off with one of those injuries where you are thinking, 'I am having one, I am having a stinker or my hamstring is tight'.
  • Did I just see Henderson appeal for a penalty in his own area?
  • Get Carragher off Liverpool games. It's so ridiculous.

Allison makes a routine block after a poor touch from Ings and Carragher is claiming it's world class goalkeeping. So, so bias.
  • OCS, I know it’s the norm to have an ex player on the panel covering their old team but their bias needs to be addressed, Keown is my pet hate. I don’t get to see much of Neville or Carragher. IMHO their bias detracts from the product but are Sky or BT bothered? Joe Cole doesn’t appear to act in the same way and is more impartial?
  • I think the bias is their business model now. Look at all the stuff they clip for social media and YouTube. They don't want analysis, they want soundbites/emotion.
  • It's the norm, but I honestly don't know why. I don't mind having them in the studio because generally there's one from each team, but the commentary should be two neutrals.

Sky almost always have Carragher on Liverpool games, Alan Smith on Arsenal games, Neville on Man U games. How hard can it be to put them on each others games? BT usually use McManaman for Liverpool's European games and, from memory, Owen Hargreaves on the City games.
  • Players have been going down like skittles from the opening minute.
  • McManaman seems to be on all European games for BT to be honest and I want to know what dirt he has on the directors. I really think that, in a crowded field, he's the worst.
  • I cancelled sky sports because I did not want to watch presenters talk about other teams when I was paying to watch a West Ham game I wanted to hear about West Ham and thier opponents not cutting to Anfield when liverpools coach turns up
  • I really don't like listening to the expert Tony Gale commentating on West Ham , he seems to go the other way criticising us pretty harshly IMO. He must have been a far better player than I remember.
  • Didnt he mess up an FA Cup game for us big time vs Forest. I admit I dont like his commentary either.

Being in USA, I am used to Le Saux and Dixon for the prime games but I actually like their banter. Le Saux is both intelligent and knowledgeable. Dixon, whether commentating on Arsenal or his team Man City, is pretty fair IMO
  • edited May 2022

I really don't like listening to the expert Tony Gale commentating on West Ham , he seems to go the other way criticising us pretty harshly IMO. He must have been a far better player than I remember.

I've often thought this and I think I've mentioned it here a few times, he always seems overly critical and negative.
  • edited May 2022
    Carragher for Liverpool matches, and Neville for Man Utd games to a slightly lesser extent just wind me up something rotten, and it seems stupid that Sky haven't picked up on this; while those clubs may have a bigger than average (of the 20 teams in the PL at any one time) support, still the huge majority of customers will be supporters of other teams so their bias will naturally be really annoying.
  • I really don't like listening to the expert Tony Gale commentating on West Ham , he seems to go the other way criticising us pretty harshly IMO. He must have been a far better player than I remember.

I've often thought this and I think I've mentioned it here a few times, he always seems overly critical and negative.
    His default 'expert insight' consists of telling us what the player should have done instead.
  • I've just noticed, Luton are in the Championship playoffs

Hold me, mother, I'm feeling cold...
  • The great Eric Morecambe would love it ,
  • Irrational hatred of Luton , great book
  • I have actually played and scored a hat-trick at Kenilworth Road ( but that was when they had Astroturf and hired it out to anybody who could get two teams together ). I also did two weeks jury service in Luton.
  • Just looking at the line-ups for tonight's games .... BBC has it that Alex Iwobi is playing right wing back for Everton O.o
  • Leeds off to a good start, not
  • What a shocking tackle by James. Dirty Lids living up to their name.
  • We* all City tonight?

*Except Baz, obvs
  • edited May 2022
    Have the Leeds players got themeselves to go down in a sweepstake second red card in a row
  • Have the Leeds players got themeselves to go down in a sweepstake second red card in a row

Do they want Marsch there? Seems like they're doing all they can to get him the sack.
  • Never should have sacked Bielsa. Any replacement was going to not be an improvement on him.
  • edited May 2022
    Whilst it would've been nice to see Everton go down at least they've shown some resolve recently. Leeds seem on self destruct mode and they plus Ted skinny jeans Lasso are championship bound