Frankfurt 2: Electric Boogaloo

Comments

• it is done Frankfurt 1 - 0
  • edited May 2022
    May as well go home folks

Cracking end to the season!

Thrown all the league games & now out of this
  • Some of our defending this season has been dreadful. Another example there.
  • Zouma didn't even look interested..Poor..
  • Not sure i have ever felt so sick
  • Rangers Frankfurt final. They’re 2-0 up.
    Thanks Cresswell.
  • rangers showing how its done
  • Shows the folly of not bothering with our last few league games to concentrate on this.
  • A long hoof over the top creswell should have been able to deal with it , then give them acres of space 12 yards out for an easy goal. I have turned it off can see this being a drubbing
  • So... Only a set piece goal for us followed by a red for them and its back on ;)
  • Can i have what Baz is having
  • We can still do this.
  • Shows the folly of not bothering with our last few league games to concentrate on this.

Yeah, those decisions look like a mistake now. But hey, hindsight being 20/20 and all that.
  • Outcast, me too, but I feel that the ref isn't a fan of Brexit 😁
  • steve said:

Can i have what Baz is having

• Maybe Moyes should go all out attack in the second half.
  • Our passing has been poor, too. I think the red completely sucked the life out of the team.
  • Maybe Moyes should go all out attack in the second half.

He could bring on another strik..... oh.... yea, guess we can't as we have none
  • Wouldn’t matter if we had 3 strikers. They can’t pass to each other.
  • edited May 2022
    Cresswell obviously carries the can for another hopeless decision, but the truth is there's been too many passengers for weeks now.

Fornals and Soucek have been pretty woeful for a while now, and they've been poor tonight. We said we needed every player to step up.

None have in truth.
  • edited May 2022
    Game is over. Ref didn’t need to give the foul, it was a 50-50 tussle early in the game, but these referees do. Once the foul was given, it had to be a red. Cresswell should have learnt from the Lyon game. Idiot. These lads won’t get anywhere with 10 men. It’s not their fault.

Moyes’ call was to sign nobody & he would live or die by that.
  • edited May 2022
    OCS, Wouldn’t it be nice to replace a few of the players who have lost their way a bit recently but we don’t have the options to do that. ☹️
  • edited May 2022
    Naive defending again by Cresswell, you can't afford to give these referees decisions to make.

Match is a huge anti-climax now.
  • Cresswell needs to accept yet another shocking decision.
    He has let himself and the team down.
    Regardless how the rest have played, he just made it that much harder.
    Personally would drop him for remainder of games this season, it's not like his 1st time, shocking IMO.
  • Well it was fun while it lasted. There is always next year and hopefully we can make the right signings in the summer and come back next time more experienced.
  • well done Cresswell thanks for throwing the tie

He was left completely exposed!
    “Throwing the tie” come on.
  • What a way to go out

Going to be plagued with regret
  • Cresswell needs to be replaced, if you are going to play in an off position you need the pace to make the covering tackle he obviously no longer has the legs to do that and instead puts an arm out instinctively to slow him. This has happened twice now and its really just not good enough, especially with as many games as he has had under his belt he should know exactly what he is capable and not capable of and how referees are going to react and interpret what he does. He should have the know-how to know what players are going to do and position himself adequately.
  • Slacker said:

well done Cresswell thanks for throwing the tie

He was left completely exposed!
    “Throwing the tie” come on.
    But he didn't need to make a red card tackle/haul ....Poor decision, 1-0 down is better than 10 men...
  • Moyes could go 3-4-2 and give it a go.