Frankfurt 2: Electric Boogaloo

14567810»

Comments

• These two events are the reason for the club statement last night imo.

Understandable but wrong as OCS says.
  • I wasn’t disappointed due to the way the game went.

I was resigned to defeat after the 20th minute. By full time I had no real feeling. There is no shame in losing a semi-final of a European tournament. If you’d said to me before the game we’d lose, I would have been gutted, but the way it turned out was more an anticlimax than disappointing.
  • That sums it up pretty well Lukerz.
  • That’s not the experience I had at all. I was absolutely gutted, very sad and disappointed. I met some Rangers fans last night and it made me sad again because I was so jealous
  • With a bit of time to look back on it the writing was on the wall when we conceded in the first minute. Frankfurt played better than us in that first leg , just, and if we had had a bit of luck a draw would have been a fair result.
    2nd leg Frankfurt were poor but after the red they didn't need to play flat out. And they lost their key defender early on.
    All in all we did not deserve to get to the final but I am so proud of our recent European performances.
    As we all know, we have been left short by the lack of signings over a few windows and it showed big time on Thursday.
    If we can secure a European place of any type then this has been a great season.
  • It was the anti climax that hurt most, I don't think we got to see if we could have implemented what Moyes and the team would have worked on all week. We started well but all over with the sending off. It didn't feel like we got to play the match.