Frankfurt 2: Electric Boogaloo

Comments

• Another missed chance
  • Soucek... should be doing better
  • rangers have shown how its done and they are nowhere near as good as us

because they're better
  • We've had two good chances in the last three minutes, but neither Antonio nor Soucek can make them count.
  • Great chance for Soucek from a corner, but he heads wide from 5 yards out.
  • Awful kick from Areola
  • Another one straight at the keeper.
  • Frankfurt fans about to invade the pitch

Don't know much about them, but this must he absolutely massive for them
  • kick Frankfurt out for crowd trouble and we make the final :)
  • Rangers made the final, if only it was us
  • Such an anti-climax, never really in it after Cresswell was sent off 😭😭😭
  • To be honest we've mostly been rubbish this calendar year. We never really looked like doing something.
  • 6 shots on target no goals sad panda time
  • Fair play to Frankfurt they went unbeaten to the final. We lost 4 games.
  • Deserved win for Frankfurt.
    Aaron has to accept blame.
    He solely took the tie out of our hands with his yet again reckless decision..
    With 11 v 11 on the pitch we had a chance, but that was taken away from us in just 19 minutes...
    Oh well, a fun ride in Europe comes to an end.
  • Absolutely gutted with the result. Can't fault the team for heroic effort. We had 6 shots on goal but didn't get rub of the green. The red card was marginal.
    Moyes now needs to raise the team so that at least we finish 7th for another European adventure next year.
  • To be honest we've mostly been rubbish this calendar year. We never really looked like doing something.

Sevilla and Lyon wins were the only games we've really turned up for.

Just haven't been good enough, or been able to rotate the squad enough.

Proud of this run we've had, but can't help but think what could have been with a bit of impetus in January.
  • rangers have shown how its done and they are nowhere near as good as us

Micky Mouse team from a Micky Mouse league who aren't as good as us. They make it to a European final and we don't.

Funny that.

• We made a mess of the home leg which put us up against it from the get go and then Cresswell ruined what chance we had.
  • Gutted but very proud of that second half effort.

I can’t handle this thread tonight, I might end up saying something I regret.
  • Well done lads .you kept at it .Thanks for a great run .very proud of you all .
  • I have enjoyed the run. I have enjoyed the season. Hard to take the last few games though.
  • no one has embarrassed us this year and the players always give 100% applaud them for that, some were dead on their feet tonight
  • Roughly two years ago we were around the relegation zone. Gutted, feel some things could’ve been done differently but ultimately have enjoyed getting this far.
  • 4 defeats on the bounce now and given our poor away form this calendar year and 2 of our final 3 away we may struggle to get 7th.
    European football may have helped to attract new players so we will have to see if that affects us.
  • Rice has just mentioned the small squad playing 50+ games this season.

I wonder how much the players see it as an issue?
  • Somehow they have to pick themselfs up for Norwich ,I really want 7th now,And more europe
  • Well done to the lads but I don’t really do celebrating losers. We didn’t make the final. That’s that. A good run but nothing more.
  • Rice has just mentioned the small squad playing 50+ games this season.

I wonder how much the players see it as an issue?

He speaks so well though. Great interview.
  • I thought Moyes also conducted himself poorly with that red card. Not a great night for us after handling ourselves so well until now. Looked out of our depth.