Frankfurt 2: Electric Boogaloo

Comments

• Benrahma on for Fornals. We need to go for it now.
  • Cresswell should have known better than that. He may have cost us the game, and all that entails. Hope Moyes gives him a real talking to (my real thoughts would be modded!). COYI, we can still do this?
  • If Rael Madrid can do it......
  • Moyes needs to call Ancellotti
  • edited May 2022

OCS, Wouldn’t it be nice to replace a few of the players who have lost their way a bit recently but we don’t have the options to do that. ☹️

It was an obvious risk that Moyes took. Unfortunately we're all but out of the EL and top six in the league is all but gone, and Moyes has to accept a good deal of the responsibility for that.

Tonight, however, is mostly on Cresswell. We may still have gone out with 11 men, but he's taken any chance we had away with another piece of brainless defending.
  • I'm going for 1-3 win, just to be adventurous. Let's just go for it, give it a go, go out on our shield.
  • Creswell has been a good servant but he has really ruined it all tonight, how on earth did he not learn from Lyon? Crazy defending.
  • Anyway, COME ON YOU IRONS
  • Great season, amazing

But this hurts
  • Benrahma on and let's be positive. One goal and the whole atmosphere will change.
  • I appreciate some of you staying positive. I can’t unfortunately, so gutted.
  • OCS, I am fully in agreement with you there. I have complained about our lack of transfer business endlessly on here. 👍
  • It’s not over. Take hope from our fellow claret team Trabzonspor winning the league after 38 years
  • Antonio’s doing a lot of really good things. Needs others to play the right ball and support him.
  • Ref seems to be giving absolutely everything their way.
  • Antonio’s doing a lot of really good things. Needs others to play the right ball and support him.

So isolated though

Got 2 or 3 on him at all times and no support for 30 yards from our own players
  • OCS, I am fully in agreement with you there. I have complained about our lack of transfer business endlessly on here. 👍

A few of us have. It seemed obvious that we needed strengthening to compete in league and cup, but we didn't and we've gone from 4th in the league to 7th and are heading out of the EL.

Norwich on Sunday suddenly feels like a big game.
  • League wise we’ve been poor this calendar year.
  • Moyes gonna make some attacking changes, or...?

We need to score twice. We haven't threatened at all. What exactly is he waiting for?
  • Why is Antonio making a back post run with two defenders in front of him? Go near post. Like a natural striker.
  • Lads not giving up though

Still giving it their all
  • Because he hasn’t been scoring and this saves him possibly missing one
  • Why is Antonio making a back post run with two defenders in front of him? Go near post. Like a natural striker.

Story of the season
  • Surprised Bowen didn’t shoot there.
  • We get near their goal and don’t bother to shoot and they go up the other end and try a shot from wherever they are. Fortunately they’re way off but at least they shoot.
  • zouma injured it seems

Story of the season
    Just gently simmering that we did nothing to mitigate it. Staggering, really.
  • If we had XI we'd have had a real chance

Cresswell moment of madness is gonna cost us

Proud of the lads for not stopping playing some good stuff and making some chances
  • Is Antonio playing in slippers?
  • If we had XI we'd have had a real chance

Cresswell moment of madness is gonna cost us

Proud of the lads for not stopping playing some good stuff and making some chances

Showing a lot of heart.

Just not enough quality, unfortunately.

I don't think with eleven we'd have created enough to get the goals we needed, but Cresswell has killed any chance we did have.