Frankfurt 2: Electric Boogaloo

Comments

• All eggs into this basket
  • Hopefully they're not chocolate eggs, left by the fire, which have melted into a chocolate guup.
  • Kinder eggs complete with salmonella = Lasagnegate 2.0
  • if Leicester win the Europa Conference league. ? 7th doesn't get Europe or the ECL right?
  • if Leicester win the Europa Conference league. ? 7th doesn't get Europe or the ECL right?

I think (Hope) that the winners spots are bonus rather than replacements
  • 🎵Que sera sera, whatever will be will be, we’re going to Germany. Que sera sera. 🎵
    COYI
  • IronHerb said:

🎵Que sera sera, whatever will be will be, we’re going to Germany. Que sera sera. 🎵
    COYI

Que sera sera, whatever will be will be, I'll be watching it on BT, que sera sera
  • IronHerb said:

🎵Que sera sera, whatever will be will be, we’re going to Germany. Que sera sera. 🎵
    COYI

Que sera sera, whatever will be will be, I'll be watching it on BT, que sera sera
    Que sera sera, whatever will be will be, with Jules Breach and the 2 Coley's, que sera sera
  • Just been reading the initial thread comments about Fornals vs Benrahma.

I see Fornals as often the “assist of the assister”. He’s clever at doing little flicks round the corner that sets us on a counter attacking break. Lanzini can be a little similar at doing this too although I think he prefers more touches on the ball and generally likes a slower tempo of play (not necessarily a bad thing).

Since we need to go at them a bit more, I’d prefer to see Benrahma starting. The only issue with this is that he generally plays better off the bench than starting but after a good cameo performance last match, I’d like to see him play the 90 (or possibly longer if it goes into added time / penalties).
  • When you look at all our big results over the last two years, Fornals plays. He must play tomorrow & Lanzini loses out if Benrahma comes in.
  • Hamstew said:

IronHerb said:

COYI

Que sera sera, whatever will be will be, with Jules Breach and the 2 Coley's, que sera sera

• We're subbing Noble on to score the winning penalty, aren't we...
  • Mark Noble to Jorginho-hop into a Panenka to take us to the final?
  • Benrhama has the best first touch in the side, he can bring down a long ball dead to his foot, he can glue the ball to his feet even if having three players around him, making him the best with the ball at his feet. However it all breaks down when he has to release the ball....... he goes from channeling Stan Matthews to channeling Stan Laurel.
  • Benrhama has the best first touch in the side, he can bring down a long ball dead to his foot, he can glue the ball to his feet even if having three players around him, making him the best with the ball at his feet. However it all breaks down when he has to release the ball....... he goes from channeling Stan Matthews to channeling Stan Laurel.

I'd be happy with something in the middle. Like a Stan Lazaridis
  • Nervous
  • RW Jesper Lindstrom doubtful according to Glasner in his press conference yesterday.

He lasted an hour last week, was replaced by Jens Petter Hauge (Norway international, on loan from AC Milan). Hauge started against Bayer Leverkusen on Sunday but was subbed at half time
  • It appears 2 van loads of ultras pulled up to a pub donned masks and attacked out fans before driving off, this would have been all over the papers of our fans had done it and uefa would have gone mad, let’s see what they do, if anything as not us
  • I'd not seen anything about this but when I looked I found an article stating that a lot of the information had come from the police. Seems they are investigating.
  • I read about it yesterday morning.
  • My boy’s out there.😳
  • That’s incredibly unpleasant. I hope everyone out there is safe :/
  • Que sera sera, whatever will be will be , Eintracht Frankfurt 1 West Ham 3 , que sera sera
  • Slacker said:

My boy’s out there.😳

Just got a WhatsApp from him, he’s having a lovely old time but tense and nervous like us lot back here.

• Good coverage of the semifinal on the BBC website 🤦‍♂️. The 16th article on the site is about David Moyes, but the 12th does mention the Frankfurt fans travelling to the London Stadium!
  • =) Is this a must win game =)
  • Whenever I think about the game I feel sick