Sevilla (h) 8pm Thursday 17th March (BT Sport 2)

12345679»

Comments

• Pablo just seems a really lovely bloke.
  • Seems the press think Everton winning was a bigger story than us, we were the third story down on BBC Sport below Everton and the cricket plus all the back pages are a similar story. Guess we are just too massive for them to cover :-)

https://www.claretandhugh.info/wake-up-bbc-this-was-historic-and-you-got-it-so-wrong/
  • MrsGrey said:

Evidently a graduate of The Nobes School of Language.

Funnily enough when Declan was interviewed by BT after the game he started his first sentence with
    " You no wot " which I'm sure is a Nobes expression.

• Squawka Football
    @Squawka
    ·
    15h
    Sevilla have been knocked out of the #UEL just two times since the start of the 2013/14 season:

🏆 2014 Winners
    🏆 2015 Winners
    🏆 2016 Winners
    ❌ 2019 3-4 vs. Slavia Prague
    🏆 2020 Winners
    ❌ 2022 1-2 vs. West Ham

Tomáš Souček scored in the second leg on both occasions. 👀

One for our statist friends......
  • Watch out alderz, Herbie's after your Crown hahaha
  • Must admit I’m still on a bit of a high. That was a really good performance in a stadium that was absolutely rocking. Football was made for nights like this and I’m so glad we as West Ham fans got our chance to experience it. May there be many more nights like this. COYI
  • MrsGrey said:

Evidently a graduate of The Nobes School of Language.

Funnily enough when Declan was interviewed by BT after the game he started his first sentence with
    " You no wot " which I'm sure is a Nobes expression.

He's in the advanced classes. One-to-one tutoring.
  • I’m still buzzing. Amazing night. I was going to list out the players who were brilliant but I honestly think everybody was.

Special mentions for Zouma, Lanzini and Rice though. Rice just gets better when the opponents get tougher.

Moyes got it all spot on and the players delivered and more. Crowd were incredible.

Yarmo’s goal against Villa seems to have done him the world of good. He looked a real player last night in everything he did.
  • I am in Florida so missed it live but fortunately was able to catch it on the replay, what a game and what a performance, so pleased for everyone at the club, the Stadium needs nights like that.

For those over here, Paramount Plus are carrying the European games and show replays, the only weird thing is that coverage on the replay cuts off practically at the final whistle so you do not get the benefit of seeing the players celebrating with the fans,
  • I would hope that last nights match would do us no harm in ensuring potential targets in the summer will recognise we are at present a club on the up. Watching that performance in which we didn't just beat Savilla but took the game to them for large periods, add to this the big stadium and supportive crowd and it certainly showed us in a good light. A pretty good advert.
  • edited March 2022
    Came home from Portugal late yesterday and watched the whole game first thing this morning.Still felt choked with pride , of the team and the fantastic fans