Sevilla (h) 8pm Thursday 17th March (BT Sport 2)

Comments

• edited March 2022
    Antonio and Cresswell both START

Areola
    Johnson - Dawson - Zouma - Cresswell
    Soucek - Rice
    Fornals - Lanzini - Benrahma
    Antonio
  • The crowd will play a big part tonight. Very excited
  • Need to be 3 up by half time .Cant take the stress otherwise =)
  • Feels like a big risk playing Antonio from the start.

I'll take the 18th minute in the 'When Will He Break Down' Sweepstake.
  • MASSIVE game.
    Biggest since FA cup final against Liverpool
    COYI
  • These 10pm (SA time ) are hard work for me.......But tonight I'll be fully awake and cheering on from Cape Town....I'm forever blowing bubbles......COYI......
  • I’m so excited but also feel sick.

I don't actually feel nervous, to be honest. I've pretty much accepted we won't progress, so a positive result would be both a surprise and a huge bonus in the season.

Looking forward to the game though. Should be a brilliant occasion for those at the ground.
  • Would be good if Yarmo came on and got the winner .Well it worked last time =)
  • I am nervous!
  • edited March 2022
    Seems sky thinks the Everton game is more interesting then ours
  • BT just had an interview with Rice and Noble, and Nobes said how he feels ok about leaving this summer because he feels like he can leave things in safe hands with Rice being there. He’s staying, no doubt. #Noblerz
  • Sky would love to have the European matches but they lost out to BT the same way they lost out to BBC and ITV for the FA Cup
  • My power / internet went off at 6.30 pm , was literally phoning a friend at 7.45 to see if I could plug in at his house when the lights came back on. =)
  • ⚒😀😅🛋🎉⚒. My emotions tonight….hopefully!
  • The meds I’m taking for my chronic severe heart failure better do their business tonight as I feel they’re going to be tested.
  • COYI, please
  • We’ve started really well.
  • Bright start again, this. Some nice link ups up front and positive intent.

Antonio is being brilliant and hopeless in equal measure.
  • These Sevilla boys are an embarrassment with their gamesmanship. So much play acting already.

And now a freekick on the edge of our area...
  • There’s going to be an awful lot of watching them rolling around I think tonight
  • Fornals looks lively, but a lot of what he’s doing is really loose. I was hoping his goal would give him the boost to get his form back, but he’s not started particularly well
  • Areola. Wow.
  • What a save
  • Sevilla starting to dominate now.

But Antonio just misses an absolute sitter.
  • Benrahma's pass was actually too good. Antonio not on his wavelength at all.
  • That pass from Benny was unreal
  • And the ref has just called a foul against us from a corner for absolutely nothing.
  • The main difference I can see with us and them is that everyone in their team seems to want to shoot, so their shots stats are inflated, whereas we like to wait for the perfect opportunity so we don’t shoot often.
  • Sevilla players are outstanding at falling over.