Sevilla (h) 8pm Thursday 17th March (BT Sport 2)

Comments

• Most important match in many years and we actually did it (thats an old west ham supporter knowing that in the past, 98% of the time the hope and then the result kills you. You youngsters!) :o
  • Just saw that Franfurt are throuhg to the quarters due to an own goal in the 121st minute.
    Ouch!
  • We are almost MASSIVE again!!!
  • What a moment for the club
  • I love Carlton Cole so much but he cannot speak a single coherent sentence.

After tonight's result I am not surprised. 🤣

Better not watch the Antonio interview then...
  • Pleased for Areola, fantastic save that kept us in the tie.
  • edited March 2022
    Reminds me of the night I in spent in Zaragoza in 1965 when we got a 1-1 draw to get into the cup winners final. Zaragoza had an amazing 5 man forward line they called the “magnifico cinco” That night we had the “magnifico once”.
    Tonight the whole 11 plus subs were massive.

He can belt out some Neil Diamond though
  • Dodger58 said:

Pleased for Areola, fantastic save that kept us in the tie.

Cannot be overstated how important that save was. Didn't have a lot to do actually, but what he did was very, very good.
  • Anyone know when this kicks off?
  • Apparently we had 44% possession but it absolutely didn’t feel like that
  • 🎶 Oh what a night 🎶⚒️⚒️⚒️⚒️⚒️⚒️⚒️⚒️
  • That was a TEAM performance! Brilliant, just brilliant! ⚒😀⚒
  • steve said:

Would be good if Yarmo came on and got the winner .Well it worked last time =)

Bump
  • So Proud tonight...

How fit are we? we still had legs in that last five minutes and Sevilla were finished.
  • That was superb.
  • What a performance, loved that so much.
  • yoyo said:

I've just shouted out "OH" in a restaurant I'm in, on seeing us go two up. The woman on the table next to me nearly had kittens

I'd have had the risotto...
  • Wonderful wonderful night.
    Antonio my MOM with Dawson and Zouma running him close.

So proud of them all.
  • Was up at 4am to watch live...tried to post a comment but my hand was shaking too much. How do you guys do it? Massive performance from you all. Oh, and the West Ham players did ok as well 😁👍👍
  • Watching the after-match interviews, I can't see any empty places on the ad board at the back - what happened to the space where that Kissimmee one was. That's quite an audience they missed out on.
  • Slacker said:

Wonderful wonderful night.
    Antonio my MOM with Dawson and Zouma running him close.

So proud of them all.

How easy does Zouma make being a centre back look? always in the right place so barely ever looks like he has to shift from second gear.
  • We absolutely battered them. Well done boys. Well done Yarmo. So proud!
  • I thought everyone was class tonight. Johnson was amazing again, Lanzini had a really good game, Fornals grew into it, Benrahma worked really hard and showed some real craft and class. Rice was amazing, Soucek had one of his best games of the season, Dawson and Zouma were both outstanding, Cresswell I thought was solid. Areola with a blinding save. Yarmo put a shift in and got really involved when he came on. But Antonio was out of this world. Kounde is one of the highest rated CBs in Europe, and he absolutely ran him ragged.

I can’t speak at all right now
  • And let's not forget this wasn't some tinpot European team we knocked out; this was a hugely experienced, multiple EL winning team that are 2nd in La Liga.

We beat Sevilla. Something most teams haven't managed to do over the years.