Sevilla (h) 8pm Thursday 17th March (BT Sport 2)

Comments

• What's the chance of giving Yarmo an extension to his contract?

And how happy did Dec look. Why would he want to leave, especially now that the Chavs are in turmoil.
  • If Yarmo keeps up what he’s doing then he’s got to have a chance of a new contract, hasn’t he?
  • edited March 2022
    What a last ditch challenge by Lanzini btw. On a yellow, chasing back against a fresh pair of legs. Stunning!
  • edited March 2022

And let's not forget this wasn't some tinpot European team we knocked out; this was a hugely experienced, multiple EL winning team that are 2nd in La Liga.

We beat Sevilla. Something most teams haven't managed to do over the years.

I see no reason we can't go all the way to the final. There are no easy teams now but if we can beat Savilla we can beat anyone left in this Cup. Should we not however tonight made our qualifying mean something as anyone there tonight and those of us watching on TV will not forget tonight in a long while.

For the next round I would like to away first and if possible avoid Barca, other than that anyone will do.
  • I can’t believe we played that well that far into extra time. I can’t believe the stadium sounded like that for so long. What an experience.
  • Just pulled myself together .cant sleep might have to watch it again .Love this team
  • I had to take out a 7-day free trial subscription to watch the game. I guess I'm going to have to pay for the subscription now.
  • I'm not saying it had anything to do with the match but I fell down my stairs about 15 minutes ago (bruised elbow, carpet burned hip and left bottom cheek plus cut left ankle. Somewhat damaged pride too) - because I am sure you all needed to know the intimate and full details). However, I just got up, went upstairs again and decided to rerun some highlights and not giving a monkeys about my pain haha
  • The best thing about watching at 4am is that I can spend all day telling people about the match. Most of Sarawak knows by now 😉
  • Woke up this morning still got a sore throat from last night , the ground was absolutely rocking last night a game that will live long in the memory
  • Well, with my tabloid headline days behind me, I still thought it apt that on St Patricks Day Bono gifted Yarmo the winner...

#In the name of love!
  • Seems the press think Everton winning was a bigger story than us, we were the third story down on BBC Sport below Everton and the cricket plus all the back pages are a similar story. Guess we are just too massive for them to cover :-)
  • Who cares?
  • Hope you recover quickly Baz - there's quite a few with a spring in their step this morning.
  • Seems the press think Everton winning was a bigger story than us, we were the third story down on BBC Sport below Everton and the cricket plus all the back pages are a similar story. Guess we are just too massive for them to cover :-)

I wasn't impressed by that either PLC. But as Iron Herb says:
    IronHerb said:

Who cares?

I'm not sure how we are continuing to manage to go under the Radar, but wouldn't it be great to get to the final - it's the hope that does for us!!

• Just noticed the BBC have made its a bit more prominent - must have seen Pablo's tweet =)
  • IronHerb said:

Who cares?

I don't (well maybe a bit) :-) just annoyed abit that we get little credit where as if it was Liverpool or Man Utd it would be headline news but hey we won and have a classic night under the lights to add to the list of games you will always remember :-)
  • I love Fornals.

During his interview he comes up with - "....mate I'm telling you..."

😂
  • Evidently a graduate of The Nobes School of Language.
  • Would watch a documentary series on Noble opening up a language school for new arrivals in the U.K. after retiring.
  • Maybe he can take a class at the UCL East Bank next to the stadium. 🤓
  • Also like the way he calls his wife the missus. Typical Nobes.
  • Cant see Bowen getting back in this team =) =) =)
  • steve said:

Cant see Bowen getting back in this team =) =) =)

Well my only negative from last night was Lanzini's yellow card, meaning he misses the next round 1st leg.....but hey....in the picture of things......
  • Joe Cole's words before the game.
    🗣 Joe Cole on West Ham's Round of 16 second leg against Sevilla:
    “It’s fair to say this is one of the biggest games in West Ham history.
    “The key word is bravery. The lads need to be brave and play. Big game players enjoy nights like these. You need coolness but you also need passion.
    “The atmosphere is going to be unique. It’s going to be white hot. The crowd will be pushing the lads on. On the other side, the boys need to be cool, calm and collected. Getting that balance is what separates good players from great players and shows the players who belong at this level.
    “When we moved to London Stadium, it was on the promise of big European nights like this one. So, most importantly, they need to enjoy it with their families and be proud of what the team has achieved so far. We’re all hoping the journey can continue.”
  • IronHerb said:

I love Fornals.

😂

Herb, have you got a link to that interview?
  • edited March 2022
    It's funny how football works. I don't think that would've felt like such a big occasion if we hadn't gone behind in the first leg.

(Obviously would've been big, but being 1-0 down meant everyone knew the atmosphere was important)
  • IronHerb said:

I love Fornals.

😂

Herb, have you got a link to that interview?
    https://www.whufc.com/news/fornals-west-ham-are-dreaming-again