Couldn’t think…. The next part

Comments

• Millwall fans will set years of bitter rivalry with West Ham aside to pay tribute to Isla Caton tomorrow.

Young Isla tragically died from a rare form of cancer last week at the age of seven after years of treatment.

Caton was born into a family of West Ham season ticket holders and the club made her a mascot and named her in a matchday squad as she battled her illness.

However, her bravery has been noted by Millwall fans, who have decided to hold a minute's applause for Caton seven minutes into tomorrow's Championship encounter with West Brom at The Den.

• edited January 2022
    Ron Greenwood taking the Cup home from Wembley after we beat Preston

• Shropshire team win raffle - Prize is Roberto Carlos turning out for you. Love this!!

https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/60197741
  • I didn't really register it yesterday but it's so good to see Christian Eriksen signing for Brentford after what happened at the Euros.

Hope it works out well for him.
  • Tidying up my garden earlier and I came across a fairy. She granted me one wish.
    " I want to live forever " I said.
    " I can't do that " she replied, " Try again "
    " Ok, I want to live until Spurs win the league "
    "You crafty swine" she replied
  • Yarmo being investigated by the FA for misconduct as he appears in a betting add in Ukraine

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/60265337
  • But it's ok to play in a bookies sponsored shirt. Crazy.
  • They should have got Matty Etherington...
  • Paul Merson walks in to the room... 'I've got everything covered'
  • edited February 2022
    Genuine question - Assists, when did they become a ‘thing’ in football? They have possibly been in a player’s stats for a while, but seem to be widely reported now.
  • Zouma in trouble for kicking and slapping one of his cats. Could be subject to criminal proceedings v
  • Oh jeez. Just seen the video. It's not at all.
  • Allegedly Zouma according to The Sun

So who was videoing and why make it public?
  • On a lighter note, I saw this on Twitter earlier:

alderz probably already has something like this on his bedroom wall, but I thought it was quite interesting. Implies our strength is on the flanks.

Man City's and Burnley's maps are ridiculous, for completely different reasons.
  • Ours also implies that we don't defend our box very well in the LCB/LB position, which ties in with criticism of Cresswell's defensive abilities.
  • I've always thought Rooney was a piece of work and his admission of deliberately wearing the longest legal metal studs he could prior to a Chelsea game (with the intention to hurt someone!) didn't exactly help that opinion of him.

Then I read it was John Terry he injured and I paused in thought.... Is that wrong? :)
  • Spurs 2 Southampton 3

Something positive to talk about😁
  • Good results this evening as Villa are on the up and so I am pleased to see them drop points at home, and of course the mighty Spurs have lost at home also. Add in City getting further away from Liverpool and it's a good evening.
  • In other news......: anyone read about the 85 year old bloke who had a 3p accumulator with Paddy Power? Correctly predicted 10 draws at 90,000 /1 And his 3p returned £2,700. At last a nice story =)
  • yoyo said:

In other news......: anyone read about the 85 year old bloke who had a 3p accumulator with Paddy Power? Correctly predicted 10 draws at 90,000 /1 And his 3p returned £2,700. At last a nice story =)

That is a nice story but can’t help feeling gutted for the guy that he didn’t put at least a fiver on it…
  • Boris Johnson says war would be a "absolute disaster." Can see why he's paid the big bucks. 🤦‍♂️
  • Spurs at last are trying to move away from the Y word and asking the fans to stop using it, finally something out of spuds other than them losing I like about them
  • Just watched the two yellows for the Arsenal match, the referee is getting stick but I think he got it right. Both were clear yellows and he had the courage to make the call and did. Good for him.
  • edited February 2022
    Can't argue with Martinelli's two yellows. So stupid

Meanwhile I think Ramsdale will get PL goalkeeper of the season
  • Just watched the two yellows for the Arsenal match, the referee is getting stick but I think he got it right. Both were clear yellows and he had the courage to make the call and did. Good for him.

Michael Oliver- ref for our game on Sunday @ Leicester
  • Saints (A) FA Cup 6th round Wednesday 2nd March 7.30pm BBC Red Button
  • On a lighter note, I saw this on Twitter earlier:

alderz probably already has something like this on his bedroom wall, but I thought it was quite interesting. Implies our strength is on the flanks.

Man City's and Burnley's maps are ridiculous, for completely different reasons.

Correct me if I'm wrong but all the teams with the most touches are ones who high press the most i.e. the three teams above us and also Brighton, who we always seem to struggle against.
    Looking at our map it amazes me that we're where we are, although of course possession doesn't necessarily mean goals.
  • I had a meeting in London on Tuesday before the game and knew I would arrive at the ground early, so booked a table at Haugen, the Swiss/German Alpine place just outside the ground. I can highly recommend it, good atmosphere, good food and a pint in a proper glass. Beats standing in the cold with a plastic glass. I think we may make a habit of booking a space before games.
  • Does anyone else remember the Swiss place at the bottom of the Beckton Alp when it had an artificial ski slope? I know I went there once for a drink but cannot for the life of me remember what it was like
This discussion has been closed.